PDA

View Full Version : visiting Newport beach, ca october 10-14th

nicoleneuman24
10-08-2008, 06:10 AM
My first time in the OC and looking forward to exploring the city and meeting hot guys on the beach :)

also gunna be in L.A for shopping and clubbing.

if anyone has any suggestions for places to shop or eat in Newport please let me know.

does 7969 still get cute on the weekend? what days? i haven't been to l.a in a couple years

thanks!!

ilovetgirls36
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
south coast plaza in Costa Mesa

Pasatroj
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Skip Rodeo Blvd. and go straight to Robertson. It is where all the paps are with the celebs. Have lunch at the Ivy.

Willie Escalade
10-09-2008, 07:20 AM
7969 is RIP. Cobra on Thursday nights is the spot now (IMHO). Palms is the replacement for Peanuts on Friday nights...and it's just not the same.

Ditto on Robertson Blvd and South Coast Plaza. Try Fashion Island in Newport Beach as well. Everyone (meaning tourists) goes on Rodeo Dr.

Realgirls4me
10-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Nicole,

Awwww, why couldn't you visit during the weekend of November 9th. That way you could attend the Queen Universe Pageant and hobnob with some of your west coast fans. Oh, well. :)

Enjoy your time out here and have fun shopping.

Willie,

Who's the young woman (#13) in your avatar?

Willie Escalade
10-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Willie,

Who's the young woman (#13) in your avatar?
Carmen, Queen Universe 2008

sydanddurden
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
My first time in the OC and looking forward to exploring the city and meeting hot guys on the beach :)

also gunna be in L.A for shopping and clubbing.

if anyone has any suggestions for places to shop or eat in Newport please let me know.

does 7969 still get cute on the weekend? what days? i haven't been to l.a in a couple years

thanks!!

Hey Nicole,
Glad to hear you are visiting. I agree with prior posters South Coast Plaza is one of the best spots in SoCal to burn exorbitant amounts of money.
As someone who is often on the scene in hollywood for work here is my two cents. If you are thinking about going to 'straight' clubs the good spots are Foxtail, One Sunset, Apple Lounge and Villa. Beso and Was have gotten buzz but I have not been yet.
I dont like Coco de Ville but many people love it. Places like Opera, Kress, Winstons and Area are over but still can be a good time.

I also like S-bar, Blvd3 and the bar at Comme Ca and the downtown Standard. Also there are the places that are always cool like Skybar at Mondrian, The Roosevelt(Teddy's and Tropicana), Marmont.

The only gay bar I consistently hear good things about is The Abbey. I unfortunately have no info on the TS spots to go. About the only advice I can give is don't buy bottles and don't wait in lines.

Cheers from the Hollywood scene.

nicoleneuman24
10-10-2008, 02:22 AM
thank you for all of the suggestions :) i'm definately gunna check out those places, sydanddurden.

xoxo

IsuckTgirlCock
10-10-2008, 03:27 AM
thank you for all of the suggestions :) i'm definately gunna check out those places, sydanddurden.

xoxo

the ritz is pretty good (and no its not the hotel) in newport. so is five crowns

justatransgirl
10-10-2008, 10:01 AM
If you are going to be in Newport Beach this weekend honey, shoot me an email and maybe we can have a drink. I own a house a few blocks from the Five Crowns and eat their overpriced rawhide steaks occasionally.

But it's a former whorehouse, so being a former whore I feel right at home. :-)

And, giggle, for IsuckTgirlCock - I used to lunch at the Ritz ocasionally. Knew Hans Prager from when I was a kid. Are you a local? PM me if you like.

Giggles,
TS Jamie :-)