PDA

View Full Version : My weight gain... I feel fat, but am I really?

KiraHarden
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I have gained 40lbs since I changed from my estrogen patch to the injection (Delestrogen ) since dec 07

I have always been about 190lbs which when I was living male put at 20lbs under weight for my frame

Guys say I look great (brickhouse) body say the fine black men, but I'm not use this weight and 40lbs feels like a ton.

My eating habits are the same

Is my body just finally filling out. I'm just entering my 4th year on hrt. Should I be overly concered or just enjoy a more shapely figure

I stand 6-3 med frame
Most weight is going to my waist hips and thighs

davidperchance
10-01-2008, 07:21 PM
There's nothing sexy about flab. Exercise once in a while.

Shadycat
10-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I have gained 40lbs since I changed from my estrogen patch to the injection (Delestrogen ) since dec 07

I have always been about 190lbs which when I was living male put at 20lbs under weight for my frame

Guys say I look great (brickhouse) body say the fine black men, but I'm not use this weight and 40lbs feels like a ton.

My eating habits are the same

Is my body just finally filling out. I'm just entering my 4th year on hrt. Should I be overly concered or just enjoy a more shapely figure

I stand 6-3 med frame
Most weight is going to my waist hips and thighs

If the weight is going to your wasit, hips and thighs, imo that's a good thing. Most women have more padding around those areas then men do. It's hard for us to tell with out pics to help us. But if you think you are getting too big for your liking, start a work out progrom to drop a few pounds. Overall it's really your own choice.

Shadycat
10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
There's nothing sexy about flab. Exercise once in a while.
Not true at all. Some plus size girls carry their weight very well. It just depends on the frame she has. I have seen women around 190lbs that look like crap. But then I would see another woman the same size and she looks amazing, a little chubby isn't always a bad thing.

Mac_Hine
10-01-2008, 08:12 PM
eh, for a dude 6-3 190 is about average, and not underweight by any means :/

a chick should probably weigh much less

KiraHarden
10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
eh, for a dude 6-3 190 is about average, and not underweight by any means :/

a chick should probably weigh much less.

I was skinny at 190, if I weighed less I would be a bean pole and look sickly

blckhaze
10-01-2008, 08:48 PM
If you fell better around 190-200, then ok.

and for the record, the next skinny heffa to complain about adding 5 lbs. is gonna get punched in the implant.

KiraHarden
10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
If you fell better around 190-200, then ok.

and for the record, the next skinny heffa to complain about adding 5 lbs. is gonna get punched in the implant.

Maybe I should have directed this question to the girls.

Its more of a question of...to lose my male shape is it normal for our bodies gaining Weight to have a feminine figure.

MrsKellyPierce
10-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Girl rather you are 190 or 230, you are still beautiful!

So let the haters hate!

But beauty also comes from within! And girl you have a whole lot of beauty there :)

Moon_Lover
10-01-2008, 10:24 PM
You look wonderful sis as Kelly says beauty is inside. Take no notice of the nasty comments from people who only see what they want to see.

Kisses

Jenny

KiraHarden
10-01-2008, 11:11 PM

So let the haters hate!

But beauty also comes from within! And girl you have a whole lot of beauty there :)

TY
Your sweeter to me here, on yahoo im you called me a heffer

SarahG
10-01-2008, 11:27 PM
to lose my male shape is it normal for our bodies gaining Weight to have a feminine figure.

The shape isn't going to change unless new fat deposits start to build up in certain areas (i.e. breasts, ass, thighs etc).

As to whether or not that causes a numeric gain in weight, I'm not convinced it has to. Muscle is heavier than fat, and people on hrt unless they continue to work out, usually have a lot of muscle mass convert itself to fat, sometimes it stays in the same area as where the muscle was, sometimes it doesn't. If the change in weight is only occurring from muscle mass becoming fat tissue, then you should see a numeric weight decrease, not increase.

However at the same time, estrogen is supposed to, for girls, cause their bodies to efficiently store fat, as a defense mechanism to give the body enough energy (stored in fat) to carry threw a pregnancy while suffering from food shortages. That's the biological reason, if there were one, behind there being "curves" at all- and it also explains why straight men seem pre-wired to a point to like curves, a women who has them is more likely to have the baby survive pregnancy when times are tough.

My diet hasn't changed a lot since I started hrt, I've been on it for almost 6 years now and I've gained less than 10 lbs since. I know my body's shape is different, because the clothes I had when I started hrt, doesn't fit me now.

MrsKellyPierce
10-01-2008, 11:40 PM

So let the haters hate!

TY
Your sweeter to me here, on yahoo im you called me a heffer I also called you a dirty slut lol

KiraHarden
10-01-2008, 11:51 PM

So let the haters hate!

TY
Your sweeter to me here, on yahoo im you called me a heffer I also called you a dirty slut lol
Your such a dork lmao

tsmandy
10-01-2008, 11:55 PM
As long as you feel good about it Kira, enjoy yourself. I've been trying to gain weight for as long as I can remember. I'm only an inch shorter than you and I weigh 131 lbs, and I would happily throw another 40 on if I knew how.

KiraHarden
10-02-2008, 12:22 AM
As long as you feel good about it Kira, enjoy yourself. I've been trying to gain weight for as long as I can remember. I'm only an inch shorter than you and I weigh 131 lbs, and I would happily throw another 40 on if I knew how.

Really, what type of frame are you? Yeah I had problems gaining weight when I was about your age, till I joined army. Then I bulked up when I came back from the war

NYTSJulie
10-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Bone mass on genetic male and a genetic woman are different, so you cant judge yourself based on your weight. Keep an eye on your clothing size, when you hit Lane Bryant then worry about it lol.

HP1000
10-02-2008, 05:17 AM

Maybe you you need to lay off the fried chicken and buffalo wings darling?

kilrjo
10-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Aphoto of how you look now would help me to give an informed opinion.

KiraHarden
10-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Bone mass on genetic male and a genetic woman are different, so you cant judge yourself based on your weight. Keep an eye on your clothing size, when you hit Lane Bryant then worry about it lol.

The thought of shopping Lane Bryant is a quite scary

Thanks for the advice

KiraHarden
10-02-2008, 05:27 AM

The thought of shopping Lane Bryant is a quite scary

Thanks for the advice

audiophile
10-02-2008, 09:53 AM
6'3 190 is a bit underweight . Im 6'1 220 and Im not fat. So i doubt 6'3 230 is ;) Dont worry so much Kira

KiraHarden
10-02-2008, 01:36 PM
6'3 190 is a bit underweight . Im 6'1 220 and Im not fat. So i doubt 6'3 230 is ;) Dont worry so much Kira

I was at the gym talking to the owner/friend about this. He's honest with me and said I could work on my waist line a bit, but I'm solid not fat and shouldn't worry about it

Told me to lay off my fav pizza place he sees me sneakin into thou. :(

francisfkudrow
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I think you're lovely. ;-)