PDA

View Full Version : I helped make history in Chicago!!!!

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
As many of you may or may not know, this weekend here in Chicago we celebrate Puerto Rican Pride. We have 2 parades and a 3 day fest in Humbolt Park. I also do volunteer work for the Puerto Rican Cultural Center here in Chicago, and we also sponsor a transgeneded beauty pageant. I am also a peer educator certified by the American Red Cross in the field of HIV and Std prevention.
Last week we had our trans youth pageant. The President of the Puerto Rican Parade committee was so impressed with our work and our talent, he invited us to perform a show on the main stage at the fest. A first for any of this type of event in the city of Chicago. I was one of the 5 girls chosen to perform. And we were all ask to return next year. I was truly honored, as the machismo in our latino community is slowly dissolving in reference to transgendered woman and our acceptance amoungst our people. I have some pics and video I would like to share!

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Some show shots!

hwbs
06-15-2008, 08:34 PM
i think it very cool how involved u are in your community..i commend u for that !!!!!

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 08:36 PM
a few more!

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
more!

LAGent4ts
06-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I agree with Mr. Buckstrap and raise my glass and offer a toast to you and the progress, slow as it may be, that the Transgendered community is making in seeking long overdue acceptance.

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 08:45 PM
last few!

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 08:49 PM
With my camere there are no pics of me onstage because they took video of my performance! The video is unfortunatly in 2 parts, as my friend was bumped in the crowd and had to restart filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x37IJlhrVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4iDDKXwqq8

BeardedOne
06-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Last week we had our trans yout pageant.

Did you just say 'yout'? :lol:

Just teasin', Ms. V. What a wonderful time you had and great pictures! Looks like you couldn't have ordered up better weather for it either. :D

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Last week we had our trans yout pageant.

Did you just say 'yout'? :lol:

Just teasin', Ms. V. What a wonderful time you had and great pictures! Looks like you couldn't have ordered up better weather for it either. :D
I need to use spell check I know!
Its fixed. And yes, the weather was perfect!

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I would like to also point out that the generations of trans woman is somewhat phenominal as we all ranged in age from 6?-22.
I say 6? because our dear Miss ketty never will revael her age!
Miss Ginger Valdez is 56, and happily admits
Miss Whitney Gaitan is 41
Miss Reina Valentino 36 (me)
Miss Nena de Castro is 22
I must say after the show, we got lots of love and tons of photos were taken by fans and press!
I felt like a star, lol :D :D

BrendaQG
06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Cool! Way to go. :-)

Floyd R
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Vanessa, you are a star and deserve to get treated like one.

TsVanessa69
06-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Congratulations Vanessa, you are a star and deserve to get treated like one.
I just want to be treated normal, and to be respected.
I have been sharing different aspects of my life here on HA to show that, aside frome being labeled a "working" girl, I am a normal multifaceted person and an asset to this society on so many different levels. And that I live my life to the fullest, and try to be that best at wahtever I do. Now if only I can find a decent guy supportive of me, I'd feel better. Gotta run guys, on my way to do a show in Champaign, Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justatransgirl
06-15-2008, 10:42 PM

BeardedOne
06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I need to use spell check I know!
Its fixed. And yes, the weather was perfect!

Aw, no need to fix it sweetie! I thought it was cute (And I've always liked that scene from My Cousin Vinnie when Fred Gwynn sez "Did you say 'yout'?"). :D

I just want to be treated normal, and to be respected.
I have been sharing different aspects of my life here on HA to show that, aside frome being labeled a "working" girl, I am a normal multifaceted person and an asset to this society on so many different levels. And that I live my life to the fullest, and try to be that best at wahtever I do. Now if only I can find a decent guy supportive of me, I'd feel better.

Good luck in all that, Vanessa. HA is a tough room, filled with cockbandits like myself, but it's nice to see you share the 'normal' moments of your life.

unctrld1
06-15-2008, 10:55 PM
If Chicago's parade and festivities are anything like NY's , then I am sure you had a blast.

Every first Sunday in June in NY . . . Yo Soy Boriqua!!!!

bat1
06-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Nice pics Thanks! :D

gunn
06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Good work V.

horst1
06-15-2008, 11:41 PM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/puerto_rican_fest_002_small_103.jpg

hooray for boobies :peanutbutter

PatrickFromNYC
06-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Congrats Vanessa

TsVanessa69
06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
That's really nice Vanessa. It's good to see you are involved and accepted in your community.

Especially Chicago. I always think of that as about like living in Kansas City or Iran - a transsexual version of hell. But your recent posts are starting to change my opinion.

Keep the momentum.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)
Not as bad as it would seem, just how tou carry yourself and obviously your looks have a big play in it. I'm not the most beautiful girl oot there, I think washfaced I look like an average normal girl, and sometimes thats not a bad thing, most people just ignore me, and those people I do interact with treat me normal, then there are awkqward or not so good moments, but I think because I have reached that point in my life that I just don't really care what people think anymore, its made daily life so much easier for me.

TsVanessa69
06-16-2008, 12:51 PM
If Chicago's parade and festivities are anything like NY's , then I am sure you had a blast.

Every first Sunday in June in NY . . . Yo Soy Boriqua!!!!
I have enjoyed going every year since I was a teenager! Its always fun! I keep saying I want to be in NYC for their pride, and one year, i'll make it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo soy boricua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TsVanessa69
06-24-2008, 06:32 AM
So how come you're not wearing a sash? You deserve it. :D.

Oh and whos the young girl in the first pic?
Don't really need a sash. Just I would like to help put the image of trans woman in a positive light to our community. Its time to free ourselves fom being labeled gay, when even the gay community looks down upon us. We are not females, but we are woman, and I think its time people were educated.

rushmore1972
06-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Hey .. I'm in Chicago today through Sunday and I was wondering where I could go to meet some girls. I'm from NY so I know the spots there and the parties. Any parties in Chicago like NYC?

TsVanessa69
06-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Hey .. I'm in Chicago today through Sunday and I was wondering where I could go to meet some girls. I'm from NY so I know the spots there and the parties. Any parties in Chicago like NYC?
Don't we wish!!! Its gay pride weekend here, you'll see some girls at the parade