PDA

View Full Version : Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

NYCe
04-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Dude.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/35812

Axl Rose has finally delivered the album to his record label

Guns N Roses have reportedly finished work on 'Chinese Democracy', the album that Axl Rose has been working on for the past 14 years.

Therockradio.com reports that Geffen Records, the band's record label, have confirmed they have received a finished copy of the album, and are currently haggling over money and rights issues with Rose.

The album is reported to have cost in excess of $13million (Ģ6.5million) to produce.

As previously reported, it is rumoured that a Guns N' Roses reality TV show is set to be broadcast to coincide with the release of the album.

keyplay
04-11-2008, 01:33 AM
It had better be nothing short of a masterpiece because its a nail in Axl's coffin if it isn't. Publicity wise , Mr. Rose will keep that ball rolling with some more kind of embarassing shit. We aint getting any younger, people!!!!!

How about that Eddie Van Halen? What a waste of talent.

Mista Bone
04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Ill believe it when I have it in my hands

hondarobot
04-11-2008, 01:45 AM
The Diary Of Axel Rose:

Entry, April 2008

Well, it's true. At some point a person actually does run out of heroin. If the record doesn't sell, I'm hoping to get a gig scoring the soundtrack to "Duke Nukem Forever".

Tomfurbs
04-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Is anybody pretending that this isn't going to be a massive letdown/disappointment/wet fart?

I was unfortunate enough to see Axl Rose at Reading Festival couple of years ago, complete with 'Buckethead' in tow. Yes, the piss bottles were flying. He didn't seem to notice them though.

I think that was the same year 50cent was virtually chased off the stage by a field of muddy, pissed-off and pilled-up englanders. I have never been more proud of being British than that moment.

Yoda Rules!
04-11-2008, 03:30 AM
I always preferred Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop personally.

dc_guy_75
04-11-2008, 03:56 AM
I always preferred Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop personally.Its like JD Salinger attempting to come up with a sequel to "Catcher in the Rye".

Excuse me for comparing Axl Rose to Salinger, as Axl is a total piece of white trash.

Nowhere
04-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Look, I did like them when the first came about, but Axl was never the entire band, and the whole energy they had together is long gone. I'll never understand why musicians don't get the concept that certain music is only possible under the right circumstances with the right chemistry and the right personalities.

The Beatles were the first clear example of that with none of the musicians remotely as good on their own as they were together.

Anyway, Axl obviously doesn't get it as he's completely lost touch with rock and pop culture seeing that he somehow thinks it makes sense for a rocker to step out looking like the cracker version of Sean Paul.

If Axl had actually brought the entire band together and did serious work in making this happen including using an image consultant they could have kept this going forever, like the Rolling Stones, but face it, their party has been over for ages now, and this will flop completely.

Oh, he'll sell out a bunch of concerts for old timers, but for everyone who doesn't crave nostalgia, Guns N Roses are a joke in 2008.

El Nino
04-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah baby!!! Its 'bout time! I can't wait to hear it!

Bandyspring
04-12-2008, 01:05 AM
This means we all get a free Dr. Pepper! If I remember correctly, the owners of Dr. Pepper said if Axl released Chinese Democracy this year they'd give out free Dr. Pepper to everyone in America.

raiden
04-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Ill believe it when I have it in my hands

amen to its had 20 release dates already. so the stuff must be so outa date n buckethead left coz axel wouldnt release it but if u want GnR just get velvet revolver tbh

Nikka
04-12-2008, 01:51 AM
canīt wait, 14 years? geez... if itīs no good, letīs kill AXL

hondarobot
04-12-2008, 02:26 AM
This means we all get a free Dr. Pepper! If I remember correctly, the owners of Dr. Pepper said if Axl released Chinese Democracy this year they'd give out free Dr. Pepper to everyone in America.

Amazingly, this is actually true.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/03/27/axl-rose-thanks-dr-pepper-for-supporting-chinese-democracy/

Taking 14 years to produce the album, then being pimped off by Dr. Pepper.

Axl is not exactly "living the dream" right now.

:(

:lol:

qeuqheeg222
04-12-2008, 08:21 AM
it is gonna suck.

dreamer
04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I dunno --I remember hearing this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9zkXA7q2LA

a while back --and I remember liking it ---and bam --I listen to it now --with a critical ear ----aaaaaaand I still like it ----

gotta agree that the Use Your Illusions were cool ----I dunno ---I'm rooting for Axl ---it'd be cool to have some cool new music in my head---