PDA

View Full Version : Avatars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimiplastique
03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
:(

my avatar won't let me do a picture as big .... NO ! .... not nearly as big as i used to be able to :(

i just want a nice picture up :(

sometimes i would abuse the size of my avatar and it would be removed but i cannot even see the new ones i try to post !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I WOULD LIKE SOMEONES PERMISSION TO HAVE A BIGGER AVATAR !!!!!!!!!!

hwbs
03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
sorry no more big ones

youcancallmeclaire
03-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Am I the only one who is actually happy about this? :D

muhmuh
03-28-2008, 11:58 PM

no although technically yours is taller than 200
at least personally i wouldnt mind giving avatars a larger vertical limit... obviously this board cant handle ones that are too wide so 200 as a horizontal limit is sensible but a little more vertical real estate wouldnt hurt the readability much imho

youcancallmeclaire
03-29-2008, 05:05 AM
at least personally i wouldnt mind giving avatars a larger vertical limit... obviously this board cant handle ones that are too wide so 200 as a horizontal limit is sensible but a little more vertical real estate wouldnt hurt the readability much imho

Well I think it makes sense since most people have vertical scroll wheels on their mouses and it's not too troublesome to move up and down a page, as opposed to having to manually click-and-drag to scroll horizontally. bleh.

Even so, it'll probably just cause people to place huge images in their signatures instead.

NadiaUSA
03-29-2008, 05:14 AM
I hate scrolling sideways. I got a new microsoft wireless mouse though. It has a scroll button that can be pushed sideways. So its easier now but I still hate the fact that an avatar makes me scroll sideways.

Here is a link to the mouse. I got it on sale at staples

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=086

Bigguy
03-29-2008, 05:40 AM
I have the same mouse and I do use that feature for scrolling left and right. I also use the zoom out feature in IE when the posts have super large pictures so that way I can fit the picture on the screen.

NadiaUSA
03-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I have the same mouse and I do use that feature for scrolling left and right. I also use the zoom out feature in IE when the posts have super large pictures so that way I can fit the picture on the screen.

I like the way it fits my hand. I was unsure about the angle but now when I have to use a regular mouse I think its primative.

I use the little buttons on top for copy and paste. So many times I want to copy or pase and for whatever reason I cant get the right click to show a copy or paste option. So now I just click the button.

Willie Escalade
03-30-2008, 06:19 AM

I don't mind avatars being long either...especially because many of the pictures I use are longer than wider.

As for signatures, I try to size my pictures with a max height of 250; in this case width doesn't matter. See below.

Fox
03-30-2008, 07:17 AM
I always thought over-sized avatars were obnoxious. Glad to see a limit put on it. However, these days my resolution is 1920x1200 so it really doesn't matter anymore. lol

lilly_exohexoh
03-30-2008, 09:04 AM
how big is mine? i know mine was big.

muhmuh
03-30-2008, 09:07 AM
However, these days my resolution is 1920x1200 so it really doesn't matter anymore. lol

do you actually use that full width for browsing?
for me anything too wide to read comfortably by moving only the eyes is annyoing