PDA

View Full Version : Ready for a NEW Star Trek XI?

bat1
03-24-2008, 01:22 AM
due out in june 09 now
old Kirk is out!

gunn
03-24-2008, 01:48 AM
love the look of that ship,The Enterprise?
09 is to long but i have high hopes

BeardedOne
03-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Coolness! Nichelle, George, Walter, and is that Rand (Can't recall the actress' name at the mo')?

I got stuck in an elevator with Walter some years back and the look of terror in his eyes was scary!

"Oh, no! It is one uff THEM!"

:lol:

Mugai_hentaisha
03-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Can't wait

Simon Pegg as Scotty......good choice

tstv_lover
03-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Gene Roddenberry was a genius.

What has made Star Trek such an enduring and popular series, crossing cultures, languages and generations?

BrassVillanueva
03-24-2008, 04:53 AM
I'd say it's the show's moral themes, especially the foremost among them: do what is right no matter what the outcome. Essentially you can trace the plot of every episode in each of the five separate series to that one point. If only more of us would live by that wisdom.

On another note, Roddenberry was also a genius in the way he envisioned technology advancing in the future. Ever notice how the old communicators in the original series look very similar to today's flip-style cell phones? And what about tablet PC's? Roddenberry saw 'em coming all the way back in the 60's! If you think about it, just about every piece of technology that we have today that would have been unimaginable forty years ago existed in the Star Trek universe.

Good ol' Gene knew his stuff!

hwbs
03-24-2008, 05:05 AM
they showed the preview at the cloverfield showing

tstv_lover
03-24-2008, 06:30 AM
I'd say it's the show's moral themes, especially the foremost among them: do what is right no matter what the outcome.

Very true. Also the fact that the crew was such a diverse, multi-national group - not to mention multi-species!

On another note, Roddenberry was also a genius in the way he envisioned technology advancing in the future. Ever notice how the old communicators in the original series look very similar to today's flip-style cell phones? And what about tablet PC's? Roddenberry saw 'em coming all the way back in the 60's! If you think about it, just about every piece of technology that we have today that would have been unimaginable forty years ago existed in the Star Trek universe.

I saw a documentary with some of the original actors. They said Gene brought together top science fiction writers (Ray Bradbury, etc) at the start of the series to help predict future technology. Smart move. I'm looking forward to the day I can "beam up" to one of Allanah or Sunny's parties!

Gmanfromthechi
03-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I'd say it's the show's moral themes, especially the foremost among them: do what is right no matter what the outcome. Essentially you can trace the plot of every episode in each of the five separate series to that one point. If only more of us would live by that wisdom.

YES! Ive always thought exactly the same thing everytime I look at my razer. I used to always be jealous of Captain Picards "laptop" in his ready room as a lil youngin, how it was so flat, small, and he turned it on just by touchin it. Now just about everyone has one. I agree Gene was wayy ahead of his time. So many things from the Star Trek series are comin true nowadays, its awesome.

Btw...I was never a big fan of the old old star trek, but any idea as to whos gonna be starin in it and what the plot may be?

kimjongil
03-25-2008, 03:36 AM
The Vulcan chick looks like Annie Lennox with pointy ears.

bat1
03-25-2008, 05:35 AM
Wow how time has past!