PDA

View Full Version : question for nycers

dan_yearsgone83
02-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Is Cafe Habana *always* crazy busy?

I was brought there for the 1st time this past weekend for a late brunch and yes, the food was awesome but that place was PACKED.

Also, any recommendations for great food that won't break my wallet in the downtown/midtown area would be great.

hwbs
02-19-2008, 08:22 AM
my ex used to live around the corner...nothing would make me happier than the cuban steak with a side of that spicy corn from cafe habana...i used to always get takeout because i could never get a seat in there...so the answer to your question is that it is always packed...

blckhaze
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
that line is nothing compared to this spot on 125th and madison. Its a fish place that has some of the best fried whiting and steamed crab in Harlem, and old ladies be lined for a whole block after church to get some LOL

AllanahStarrNYC
02-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Is Cafe Habana *always* crazy busy?

I was brought there for the 1st time this past weekend for a late brunch and yes, the food was awesome but that place was PACKED.

Also, any recommendations for great food that won't break my wallet in the downtown/midtown area would be great.

It's always crazy busy- ESPECIALLY for BRUNCH!!!

But the nice thing is that they deliver :).

Love the corn their- so goooooooooooood!

I used to live in that area and there are many similar places-
there is another place simliar food on thromspon and spring I believe.

For similar prices places you can find a lot in that NoLita area.

hwbs
02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
nautural restaurant on spring and lafayette !!!! another real good place with one of the cheapest prices on a wine list u will find in manhattan !!!

Caleigh
02-19-2008, 10:35 PM
i tend to eat on the other side where they do the "to go" and
delivery orders. you can usually find a on the stools facing
out the window to the street and they have the same incredible roasted corn for substantially less.

living out here in bkln i don't know a ton of great restaurants
in the city. the last place i went to was Freeman's for a friends birthday. not cheap but not crazy expensive and both the food and decor are worth the visit.