PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get hormones?

Tarissa
01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
There are a few recent posts regarding insurance coverage and a "Doctor" that thinks we do not deserve coverage for hormones. What are your thoughts and where do you get your hormones? My insurance pays for an Endocrinoligist (high copay) as well as hormones with copay.

hippifried
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Where do you get hormones?
Glands.

justatransgirl
01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
We buy ours online, and get our blood tests in Tijuana. It's about $70 for a full panel and they e-mail the results in 12 to 24 hours. Versus $250+ and wait a week - plus need a Dr.s prescription to get a blood test in CA.

I can read the numbers I don't need to pay and Endo $300 a visit unless somethign is getting out of whack. Just another of the joys of having to self treat and self medicate.

Who's your insurance with dear? Is it a group policy?

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

tsntx
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
There are a few recent posts regarding insurance coverage and a "Doctor" that thinks we do not deserve coverage for hormones. What are your thoughts and where do you get your hormones? My insurance pays for an Endocrinoligist (high copay) as well as hormones with copay.

If you are referring to me, I actually said that transsexuals should not necessarily receive medical coverage. I did not specifically state that hormones should not be covered. Use my previous words correctly next time.

Why should insurance pay for turning yourself into something else that is not critical for health - and don't give me the crap about "mental health"

Hormones have significant risk and not taking them does not endanger your life - again, don't give me the shit about mental health and risk of suicide with the lack of being a "female"

Transsexualism and living the life is an ELECTIVE process and you should pay for it on your own - just as my sarcastic comment about using steroids

:shock: wow. aint it amazing how ONE tranny hooker can make you into one fucking rude, bitter, completly jaded mother fucker? wow. :shock:

KiraHarden
01-25-2008, 04:35 PM
My Dr and which is covered by my insurance plan thru work

KiraHarden
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Tick Tock :lol:

tsmandy
01-25-2008, 05:32 PM
:shock: wow. aint it amazing how ONE tranny hooker can make you into one fucking rude, bitter, completly jaded mother fucker? wow. :shock:

Can someone please vomit on this guy and steal his computer already?

melissacarter
01-25-2008, 05:54 PM
CvS with coverage for most meds. Insurance won't cover my estradiol injections so I buy themn over the net.

By the way Aetna blows!

Tarissa
01-25-2008, 09:47 PM

If you are referring to me, I actually said that transsexuals should not necessarily receive medical coverage. I did not specifically state that hormones should not be covered. Use my previous words correctly next time.

Why should insurance pay for turning yourself into something else that is not critical for health - and don't give me the crap about "mental health"

Hormones have significant risk and not taking them does not endanger your life - again, don't give me the shit about mental health and risk of suicide with the lack of being a "female"

Transsexualism and living the life is an ELECTIVE process and you should pay for it on your own - just as my sarcastic comment about using steroids

Yawn, doc is boring. Can we bounce him girls?

mimiplastique
01-25-2008, 09:50 PM
FIRST OFF THEM ME STAR BY SAYING THAT NOONE WHO IS NOT ON HORMONES SHOULD COME NEAR THIS THREAD .... AND I TAKE ME HORMONES
IN THE MUSSEL ABOVE MY ASS !!!!! NOT IN THE ASS THE THE MUSSEL ABOVE IT

mimiplastique
01-25-2008, 09:52 PM
MUSSEL LOL

Josie Chung
02-07-2008, 02:38 AM

Hopefully, there are enough local doctors near you that if one is a pain in the ass, you can just move on to another. Here in SW FL, there is straight white male endo that sees tg/ts patients, but always gives them lots of grief (especially if they don't "pass" in his eyes). Why does the asshole still see them then? Who knows.

I get my perscriptions from a local dr. of internal medicine who normally specializes in mid- and post-menopausal women, but she has had some limited experience with HRT for ts patients in her old location (formerly Tampa). I get my estrogen/spiro through Costco Online (you don't need to be a member to use Costco's pharmacy).

If any particular dr. gives you any crap, find another. Life is too short.

Good luck and best wishes,
Josie

absolutecarla
02-09-2008, 07:16 AM
When I was in the US, I would by my hormones from www.inhousepharmacy.com . The hormones there are not that expensive and it doesn't require any prescription. It arrives in two weeks since it is shipped from India. Here in the Philippines we buy hormones over the counter without prescription.

justatransgirl
02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Actually no honey. Inhouse is a british owned company based in the island of "Vanatu." Though many of their generic drugs are made in India which flips a finger at patent law.

Giggle,

absolutecarla
02-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Actually no honey. Inhouse is a british owned company based in the island of "Vanatu." Though many of their generic drugs are made in India which flips a finger at patent law.

Giggle,

Thanks for the clarification Jamie.

mimiplastique
02-09-2008, 08:03 AM

DOES THAT ATTITUDE APPLY TOWARDS PEOPLE BORN INTERSEXED THAT ACTUALLY HAVE A PHYSICAL/MENTAL IMBALANCE?
Being born outside the norm of 46 chromosomes most certainly does carry with it certain physical, emotional strains that are more than Gender Identity related...no offense but just being a Trauma Dr. sort of precludes you from actually specializing in this field, it's great that you feel the need to form your own opinion and studying anatomy certainly enabled you to realize that opinions are like assholes and everybody has them...
BUT, to say that Trans-people do not or should not be allowed to get coverage...that's like saying as long as you kept the person alive in the trauma center who gives a rats ass what sort of quality of life that person is to have throughout the remainder of it.
Had you elected to serve a specialized residency that deals with mental health related issues stemming from transgenderism you would have in fact learned that not taking hormones DOES actually in some cases cause a neuro imbalance that will in fact lead to physical and mental conditions that do have threats to a person physically.
Try another text book sweetie, READING: It's fundamental NOT for the mental!

HEY UNDERTAKER .... I HAVE BEEN WAITING DAY BY DAY TO DIG INTO YOU ... YOU SHOULD STAY FAR WAY FROM THESE HORMONE THREADS ....
CONSIDERING HOW YOU HAVE NOT SEEN A HORMONE SHOT IN LIFE AND WOULD PROBABLY NOT KNOW WHAT ONE LOOKED LIKE IF IF SLAPPED YOUR HARD ASS IN THE FACE :lol: :( :shock: :twisted: