PDA

View Full Version : Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

d
01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/
The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play. Officials said pills fear found near the body.

Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Mr. Ledger met the actress Michelle Williams while filming ‘’Brokeback Mountain.” The two actors fell into a very public romance. They had a daughter, Matilda Rose, who was born on Oct. 28, 2005. They moved to Brooklyn, but then separated last year.

Calls by The New York Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.

Tomfurbs
01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
:shock:

Mr_Choc69
01-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Sad. Great Talent.

a994
01-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out for each of Mr. Ledger's family members, friends, and fans everywhere.

houstonshemalefan
01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
That sucks...

ottorocket
01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
What to say...another suicide in Hollywood

KiraHarden
01-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Was the new Batman his last movie?

youcancallmeclaire
01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Wow. :(

also;

He was hot.

Coroner
01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Sad. No Scientology, no career. :roll:

Jakovasaur
01-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, he's in the new batman movie. This is going to make 'The Dark Knight' erie.

hugochavez
01-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Just heard about it, this is horrible and a loss for Hollywood.

KiraHarden
01-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, he's in the new batman movie. This is going to make 'The Dark Knight' erie.
Yes for sure

ottorocket
01-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Hollywood could care less...its a machine. Feel sorry for his daughter...she's the victim of whatever depression and sadness caused him to off himself.

stillies77
01-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Man that is insane.

Anubis1079
01-23-2008, 12:51 AM
The way I look at it is if he's that pathetic to off himself, especially when he has the responsibility to raise a child, so be it, who cares? It's Natural Selection.

stillies77
01-23-2008, 12:53 AM
nothing has come out yet.

stillies77
01-23-2008, 01:01 AM
according to TMZ the cops said it was an accident

JohnDoe82
01-23-2008, 01:05 AM
New York City Police Department sources say that he died due to rough sex and auto-erotic asphyxiation during sexual intercourse with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson.

Quinn
01-23-2008, 01:10 AM
What a shame. He was one of those people who showed real potential to evolve as an actor. More likely than not, his next ten or fifteen years worth of performances would have been spectacular. RIP.

-Quinn

KiraHarden
01-23-2008, 01:13 AM
New York City Police Department sources say that he died due to rough sex and auto-erotic asphyxiation during sexual intercourse with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson.
well if that true thats a risk you take. I get into that.

RevolveR.
01-23-2008, 01:25 AM
The way I look at it is if he's that pathetic to off himself, especially when he has the responsibility to raise a child, so be it, who cares? It's Natural Selection.

Agreed. If this is true, it's a cowardly move.

RIP

Tomfurbs
01-23-2008, 02:18 AM
well if that true thats a risk you take. I get into that.

Erm, Kira? Johndoe82 is taking the piss. He was found alone with an empty bottle of pillls.

Azanti
01-23-2008, 03:39 AM
It is hard (and wrong in my view) to make personality judgements about someone in this situation when one has not lived in their shoes. While not condoning suicide, I understand it, having briefly considered it once in my past, one can acknowledge at least, how it is that you can find yourself in that mental state.

Beyond what is already in the press, all I know for certain is that he was an actor in his prime whose work I had very much enjoyed to date and certainly would have gone on to even greater and greater things. His death will certainly leave us robbed of what surely would have been, performances that would have been worth my time, at least, to have watched, and he will be sorely missed by many.

RIP Heath.

DJ_Asia
01-23-2008, 04:00 AM
What a complete and horrible shock!

Ecstatic
01-23-2008, 04:34 AM
Sad to hear, the dude had talent and a big career ahead of him.

Anubis1079
01-23-2008, 04:45 AM
It is hard (and wrong in my view) to make personality judgements about someone in this situation when one has not lived in their shoes. While not condoning suicide, I understand it, having briefly considered it once in my past, one can acknowledge at least, how it is that you can find yourself in that mental state.

Beyond what is already in the press, all I know for certain is that he was an actor in his prime whose work I had very much enjoyed to date and certainly would have gone on to even greater and greater things. His death will certainly leave us robbed of what surely would have been, performances that would have been worth my time, at least, to have watched, and he will be sorely missed by many.

RIP Heath.

I liked his movies a lot also, but if he committed suicide it was truly a cowardly move on his part. And the crap about living in his shoes??? Boo-hoo, he was rich and famous, he may have been going through the beginnings of a divorce, but that's nothing, happens all the time. Hell, if homeless people can live with being homeless and eating other people's trash, ol' Heath could've manned-up and dealt with his problems like a normal human being. :cry:

MrsKellyPierce
01-23-2008, 04:56 AM
How sad.

And I am surprised at the disgraceful attitude from some of you.

He was a man like any of you with a daughter and family.

How can you say such horrible things, you didn't know him personally, but from his movies and what the press has to say.

I pray for his daughter and family, and hope he rests in peace.

Anubis1079
01-23-2008, 05:02 AM
How sad.

How can you say such horrible things, you didn't know him personally, but from his movies and what the press has to say.

If I prayed I'd pray for them too, that's what I don't get the most...how can a MAN kill himself when he has a child to look after and raise?!?! I just don't think we should 'pity tha fool' Does anybody on this board know him personally???? Hey, a thousand people died in Africa today, yet no threads about that.

And Kelly....what ever happened to my prize?

MrsKellyPierce
01-23-2008, 05:06 AM
How sad.

If I prayed I'd pray for them too, that's what I don't get the most...how can a MAN kill himself when he has a child to look after and raise?!?! I just don't think we should 'pity tha fool' Does anybody on this board know him personally???? Hey, a thousand people died in Africa today, yet no threads about that.

And Kelly....what ever happened to my prize? You don't know the facts so why act like you do? Noone will know till the autopsy is done. And it doesn't matter if a thread is made about a death or not, it still doesn't need such a hateful and disgraceful attitude towards someone's life.

And I have it.

youcancallmeclaire
01-23-2008, 05:07 AM
Not everyone who commits suicide is a "coward". Some people just want to die. Not because they are afraid or can't handle their lives; maybe death is just a part of life and they want to find out what happens.. Maybe they simply have a morbid curiosity. I know I have wondered about it before.

Quiet Reflections
01-23-2008, 05:12 AM
i dont understand how any man could commit stupidcide when hes got a little kid to look after

Anubis1079
01-23-2008, 05:21 AM
You don't know the facts so why act like you do? Noone will know till the autopsy is done. And it doesn't matter if a thread is made about a death or not, it still doesn't need such a hateful and disgraceful attitude towards someone's life.

And I have it.

Hun, this is all of what the news reports have been saying, suicide. I think suicide is a cowards way out, that's all. I won't say anything more about the subject until after the autopsy, deal?

And can I have them? Or do I have to come to your house and un-wrap my present? :D

bartholomeus
01-23-2008, 05:37 AM
why would he have killed himself, he was at the top of his career. He could of just combined medicines since one wasn't working and reacted bad to it.

I read in one of the reports that he said he had insomnia and took sleeping pills, was sleeping an average of 2hrs daily and the pills he was taking would only work for an hour. Now I've been there i have insomnia i don't take pills but i go to sleep at 4-5am easily daily when i have school and work the next day. You guys should stop jumping to conclusions and stop the bashing. Once its confirmed as a suicide then go ahead, but assuming is stupid.

I will admit though that not sleeping induces depression, and i know this first hand. I also have thought of suicide and its not a coward thing always. Sometimes its just a state of mind that you guys that judge it with such a close mind wouldn't comprehend. Go read The myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus.

I feel sorry for the guy as he had a big career ahead of him not to mention he was already successful. RIP, suicide or not.

Nihility
01-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Heath is one of my favourite actors and right now i'm shocked and really upset by the tragic news about Heaths death.

Today we've lost an enormous talent and a brilliant actor who unfortunately was underappreciated, underrated and taken away from us too soon. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I know i will definately miss him. I know i'm going to be there on opening night for The Dark Knight and I'm Not There and i know that he will be brilliant in each movie.

Shame on the shallow people who can only say "he was hot".

Rest in Peace Heath Ledger, you'll be missed.

TrueBeauty TS
01-23-2008, 05:52 AM
That's always sad when someone leaves so early. I feel very bad for his daughter and those that loved him.

On the other hand, I guess he can finally quit that guy now.

Teabagger Vance
01-23-2008, 05:57 AM
On the other hand, I guess he can finally quit that guy now.

Post of the day!

Or too soon?

I can't make up my mind. Only time...will tell.

youcancallmeclaire
01-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Shame on the shallow people who can only say "he was hot".

This is like seeing a Rembrandt get torn to shreds, and then someone says, "Well, that's too bad; it was a really beautiful painting."

...and then you come along and interject something negative.

He was pretty, and I think it's unfortunate that he is not here for us to look at anymore. That's all I'm saying.

Legend
01-23-2008, 06:07 AM
I liked him before he was mega star mainly the work he did in the tv show roar,accident or not i can't beleive he would jeopardize his well being and his family by using drugs,i feel sorry for his family and a little for him because for a guy to have so much and fall on drugs is pretty sad.

KiraHarden
01-23-2008, 06:16 AM
I just found out Brad Renfro died from a O.D. I sorta remember him from the client movie. I just never watch TV, so I miss everything.

Anubis1079
01-23-2008, 06:22 AM
I also have thought of suicide and its not a coward thing always. Sometimes its just a state of mind that you guys that judge it with such a close mind wouldn't comprehend. Go read The myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus.

I feel sorry for the guy as he had a big career ahead of him not to mention he was already successful. RIP, suicide or not.

Ummm, yes, it is cowardly, ALWAYS. No matter watter Camus says...which, for the record, is that the realization of the absurd does not require suicide, but revolt. You are not a coward, because you are still here to contribute to society. But someone who has the thoughts and actually does it.... :roll:

Although the insomnia issue does raise a valid point, it may have been an accident, which I hope is the case, for everyones sake.

stillies77
01-23-2008, 06:28 AM
its not a suicide they said it was accidental so...quiet.

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.

Anubis1079
01-23-2008, 06:41 AM
its not a suicide they said it was accidental so...quiet.

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.

I hope that's the case, but I'll wait for a more reputable source, not TMZ

elvis_p
01-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Was the new Batman his last movie?

Looks to be his last completed picture. IMDB lists "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", directed by Terry Gilliam as 'filming'. Here's a pic on the set, in London:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/01/0122_heath_ledger_inf.jpg

Rest in peace Mr. Ledger. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

DJ_Asia
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
just got this off the 'Net:

Ledger said in an interview in November that "Dark Knight" and last year's "I'm Not There," took a heavy toll. He said he "stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour."

Thats insane! Ambien,which I have used at times knocks my ass out...like OUT,into a dreamless black void.The fact that were only giving him only 1 hour of sleep tells me he was way stressed and needed a break.

I feel real bad for him.