PDA

View Full Version : Rhino 24

melissacarter
01-22-2008, 04:24 PM
24 hours and counting. After almost having surgery postponed due to an EKG irregularity, my rhinoplasty is set for tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous. But feeling good about my decision and have total confidence in the doctor. The procedure will be an "open rhinoplasty" , which is a less severe surgery. The nose bone will most likely not be broken. The change will be minor. A slight concave turn to my nose ridge and a slight reshaping of the tip. My doctor has never steered me wrong. I've been pleased with results working with him so far.

Wish me luck!

Mr_Choc69
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Good Luck

Oli
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Good Luck Melissa

iloveshemales77
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
All the best for ya!

Question: Why do they perform an EKG? I'm guessing it's to determine the risk of you ticker suddenly giving up under anesthetic. I ask because a lady I know has a mild heart condition and is determined to go ahead with her nip & tuck despite her GP's warning.

melissacarter
01-22-2008, 08:03 PM
All the best for ya!

Question: Why do they perform an EKG? I'm guessing it's to determine the risk of you ticker suddenly giving up under anesthetic. I ask because a lady I know has a mild heart condition and is determined to go ahead with her nip & tuck despite her GP's warning.

You are correct, the reason is anasthesia can disrupt a heart with irregular electric flow.

as for your friend, all I can say is that is extremely unwise to follow through. I would never do this if a doctor warned me against it. In my case, the doctor ordered a nuclear stress test (which was hugely expensive and out of pocket) to assess my heart and then gave her okay for the surgery.

eggbert
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Best of luck Melissa.

Realgirls4me
01-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Good luck, Melissa.

iloveshemales77
01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
All the best for ya!

You are correct, the reason is anasthesia can disrupt a heart with irregular electric flow.

as for your friend, all I can say is that is extremely unwise to follow through. I would never do this if a doctor warned me against it. In my case, the doctor ordered a nuclear stress test (which was hugely expensive and out of pocket) to assess my heart and then gave her okay for the surgery.

Thanks the info Melissa, appreciate it. I'll make sure she checks up on the nuclear stress test.

CORVETTEDUDE
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Best of luck, Melissa! I'm looking forward to seeing what you had in mind for that already pretty nose. I trust all your arrangements worked out, as you planned.

Luv ya!!!

melissacarter
01-24-2008, 10:21 PM
It's over. The operation went well. I'm sore all over and high on Percoset. I'm a wreck. My face is swollen, eyes are bloodshot, and my throat is sore from that tube they put into my windpipe.

But it was all worth it. I love my new nose!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM
how much was that?$?$

melissacarter
01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I might tell you privately but I'm certainly not going to announce it on the boards.

It was a lot.

a994
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
May everything go well for you Melissa.

SXFX
01-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Oh and your nose was so cute!
Best of wishes hope you recover quickly!
And don't worry every one gets blood shot eyes after they get their nose worked on.

melissacarter
01-25-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm in so much fucking pain! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

CORVETTEDUDE
01-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Lissa...I'm glad everthing went well and, as I said earlier, look forward to the final results. But, I have to say (laughingly), right now, it looks like you got your ass kicked in a bad bar fight!!! I'm saving that pic, as I have all those you've so graciously provided, so far. This one goes in the "history" book! Get better, soon!!!

Luv ya!!!
CORVETTEDUDE

p.s. great avatar!

melissacarter
01-25-2008, 05:05 PM
But, I have to say (laughingly), right now, it looks like you got your ass kicked in a bad bar fight!!!

Thanks Vette. Yr right, I feel like I was beaten with a sack of oranges. Just trying to rest and recooperate. In the past two months I've been in a bad car accident, got fired and now had surgery. The Trifecta.

thnx again for yr support, CVD!

CORVETTEDUDE
01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
But, I have to say (laughingly), right now, it looks like you got your ass kicked in a bad bar fight!!!

Thanks Vette. Yr right, I feel like I was beaten with a sack of oranges. Just trying to rest and recooperate. In the past two months I've been in a bad car accident, got fired and now had surgery. The Trifecta.

thnx again for yr support, CVD!

That's it!!!! I'm kickin' somebody's ass! You are not well appreciated where you're at...we need to do something to change that!

melissacarter
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
update: surgery went well, no complications, healing quickly. Splint and stitches removed. Heres a photo the night before surgery and one 5 days after surgery. My face is still swolllen a bit but almost healed now.

I'm very happy with my new nose.

TomSelis
02-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Glad you recovered well, the new nose looks natural.

thx1138
02-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Rhino: figure 8 or 9 K