PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody see the Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles?

ShadowMaster
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Did anybody see it and what did you think?

For me, cool so far. The ending threw me off a little bit though. I'm blitzed out of my mind so have a nice night or morning yall.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-14-2008, 04:16 PM
that shit was actually good
nice drop in for what should've been 24's opening night

Quinn
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I thought it was quite good.

-Quinn

fhsjazztrumpet2
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I like the hot new terminator model. The good one I mean.

Ecstatic
01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
When I read that Summer Glau would be cast as the new Terminator, I knew I had to watch it. She's fascinating as ever, though her character isn't quite as intriguing as that of River Tam in Firefly / Serenity. I also think Lena Heady and Thomas Dekker are well-cast in their roles.

I wonder about the chronology of the storyline, but from what I understand they've deliberately moved away from the timeline of T3 and follow an alternate timeline from T1/T2. How this juxtaposes with T4 (2009) remains to be seen. I think they will continue on a separate timeline, all of which is predicated on the basic conceit of the movie, that time travel to the past alters future events, leading to different results, so it's not actually conflicting to tell two different stories with the same premise.

Quinn
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
When I read that Summer Glau would be cast as the new Terminator, I knew I had to watch it. She's fascinating as ever, though her character isn't quite as intriguing as that of River Tam in Firefly / Serenity.

Agreed. I liked Glau in Firefly, which made me want to give this series a shot. IMO, good casting does more to make a good sci-fi show than anything else (think Battlestar Galactica, etc.).

-Quinn

peggygee
01-14-2008, 06:59 PM
I missed it, I was kicking it with Bmore's
finest and baddest on HBO's The Wire. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/keima.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/omar4c.jpg

I may have to catch it on DVD.

Ecstatic
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Matthew Gilbert, the Boston Globe's TV critic, says that the second episode, which airs tonight (the show's regular time slot, 9 pm), is much better written than the first. That sounds quite promising, as I thought the first episode as well crafted in many ways as the movies: not great literature, by any means, but solid story telling, decent characterization, and some nice twists (especially at the end).

ShadowMaster
01-15-2008, 09:12 AM
The second episode was pretty good. I think I'm going to ride this one out and see where it goes. It's already better than the supremely disappointing T3.

I concur the Wire is a great show. I've seen the first 3 seasons. I'm going to rent season 4 when I get a chance.

It's too bad Firefly didn't survive. I think they just put it on at the wrong time. The only reason I didn't watch it when it came out cuz it was competing with another show I already had an affinity for. However the movie Serenity did it justice. I'm happy to see Summer Glau again.

From my understanding The Sarah Chronicles will have nothing to do with T4. And T4 is supposed to pick up where T3 left off.

EyeCumInPiece
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Terminator ended, for me, after the 2nd. I havent watched the 3rd or the show, and dont plan on it.

alpha2117
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
The Pilot of this was made way back in about April last year and i saw it a while back. I think the tweaks you can see in the 2nd episode reflect them having a better feel for the leads.

I loved t3 - it solved the whole paradox thing very elegantly and the idea was used in the pilot here. Basically nothing can change the future in broad terms. A Terminator can come back and kill anyone who is important in the future and a human can disrupt skynet's invention and all that happens is that things get delayed a little or a different human rises to a position of importance in the fightback - time compensaes for anything anyone does.

ShadowMaster
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
That to me seems fatalistic, then nothing you do really matters because eventually it'll get done anyway. SKYNET is doomed no matter what it does.

alpha2117
01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
That to me seems fatalistic, then nothing you do really matters because eventually it'll get done anyway. SKYNET is doomed no matter what it does.

The Machines dont understand the concept of fatalism so they keep sending them back but I think it solves the pradoxes nicely. You can effect the future but not so substantially that the things that are mega significant dont occur just the timeframe they occur in. Once you understand the concept then everything in all three films makes a lot more sense and it means that humanity's long term survival is assured. They can throw a mindfuck and kill John and it wont mean the future wont be saved and everything will be destroyed it just means some other poor schmuck rises up to defeat the machines. From Johns point of view surviving would be preferable of course.

Thatiger23
01-15-2008, 11:53 AM
This is all i gotta say about the terminator chronicles
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/tonyb2206/Shut20the20fuck20up--Arnold.jpg

Thatiger23
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
This is all i gotta say about the terminator chronicles
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/tonyb2206/Shut20the20fuck20up--Arnold.jpg

ShadowMaster
01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Ah Tiger, I didn't know I held such a special place in your heart following me around from thread to thread. But there are easier to get cock other than to ride mine. But pictures are for children that lack the ability to adequately express their thoughts. When you complete mental calisthenics then can come see me for a battle wits.

Thatiger23
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Ah Tiger, I didn't know I held such a special place in your heart following me around from thread to thread. But there are easier to get cock other than to ride mine. But pictures are for children that lack the ability to adequately express their thoughts. When you complete mental calisthenics then can come see me for a battle wits.

Ok if you want me to type it out for you i can:: 1.The show is just another bullshit remake and it wont last more than 1 season...2.I dont take dick bitch i give it.....3.Like the poster said SHUT THE FUCK UP... :D

ShadowMaster
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
And if I don't you'll pull out another lil pussy as pic to express your thoughts. Huh, lil kitty. A tiger may be a big kitty through and through your still PUSSY! So show up again if you want so more COCK you PUSSY! I bet when I break wind your cheeks will inflate. When my dick makes lemonade I'll let you know so can come running with a glass of ice cause I know you'll be thirsty!

SO SUCK A DICK UP TILL YOU HICCUP! PUSSY!!!

Legend
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM

Ok if you want me to type it out for you i can:: 1.The show is just another bullshit remake and it wont last more than 1 season...2.I dont take dick bitch i give it.....3.Like the poster said SHUT THE FUCK UP... :D

No wonder you only post pictures "like the poster said" lol your basically a retard that's why you only post pictures,so less talk and more pictures.

Thatiger23
01-15-2008, 03:10 PM

No wonder you only post pictures "like the poster said" lol your basically a retard that's why you only post pictures,so less talk and more pictures.
Legend if you took the time and saw what i actually posted i was just having fun.....look at the one on ur post....damn u guys/girls take a lot of stuff serious on the INTERNET

Ecstatic
01-15-2008, 04:20 PM
That's my understanding too, after reading a bit about the different timelines of the movies and the show. One timeline: T1 > T2 > Sarah Connor Chronicles; other timeline: T1 > T2 > T3 > T4. I was disappointed in T3 and like T2 the best of the movies, but I think the show has real potential.

Part of what killed Firefly was sheer network stupidity, as they originally broadcast the series out of sequence, trampling the storyline in the process. Anyone who know Whedon knows that he builds a story arc very carefully, over a season or even several seasons (witness events in Buffy and Angel which took 1, 2, 3 or more seasons to unfold), and to air the story arc out of sequence is idiotic.

I liked Serenity, but actually preferred Firefly overall. If you've watched Firefly in proper sequence, you know how much better it is.

Leverage87
01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
I like Whedon's work, most notably Buffy and Angel, never got a chance to see Firefly though.

Ecstatic
01-15-2008, 05:10 PM
You should check it out. Firefly is the wild west in outer space. It's layered with mystery and offers fascinating, conflicting characters. It stars some superb actors: Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres (one of my favorite actresses), Summer Glau, Ron Glass (remember Barney Miller?), Adam Baldwin (not a great actor, but a decent tough guy), and the indescribably beautiful Morena Baccarini.

VickisPal
01-16-2008, 09:18 AM
I liked the first episode.
The second was slow and typical of a standard half hour drama turned into an hour.
I switched it off after some talk of drug use.
Needs better writers and ACTION.
Summer Glau is weak looking. The Terminator looked like a Euro thug.
Poor Casting.
I would have thought that for the Terminator and Terminatrix some tuff guys and gals from the World Wrestling Assoc would have made more of a dramatic presence.
Thats the problem today weak drama no action.