01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
lets see some pics

Willie Escalade
01-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Some of those comments are pretty sad.

saifan
02-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Some of those comments are pretty sad.

Hate to bump this, but this Brittany news is all knew to me. I was pretty excited from a personal stand point to see her go in this direction.

But some of those comments really opened my eyes to how transphobic the world still is. I guess staying on boards like this shields you from what many probably consider obvious. I was most appalled by the idea that one poster presented that basically stated that Brittany decided to transition "for the money". Amazing. As if such a life altering decision like hers is a guaranteed money maker. Again, I'm amazed.

absolutecarla
02-12-2008, 05:02 AM
When I saw that article I just didn't bother reading the comments. It will just be filled with hate and prejudice from people who are insensitive and ignorant. I just prefer being a member of transforums and chatrooms. I'm just tired of explaining myself to other people what I am and what I'm going through.

mbf
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
But some of those comments really opened my eyes to how transphobic the world still is. I guess staying on boards like this shields you from what many probably consider obvious. I was most appalled by the idea that one poster presented that basically stated that Brittany decided to transition "for the money". Amazing. As if such a life altering decision like hers is a guaranteed money maker. Again, I'm amazed.

you are spot on. Furthermore, and very sad indeed, is the fact that a lot of those negative comments stemmed from people who are gay.

On the other hand, there were encouraging posts as well.