PDA

View Full Version : Glades Nightclub, Hawaii: conserving our past

Dravina
06-13-2005, 09:08 PM
The following is a direct quote from website:

http://www.islandgoddess.org/olelo.html

I have no connection with Hawaii (I'm in England) or the website but pass it on in hope it is useful. I just saw it today. best wishes, Dravina

"Glades Project is looking for individuals whom especially fit the following:
1. People connected to the Glades nightclub, especially employees or performers from 1960's and 1970s.
2. People who worked the streets, in other clubs or a place called the TIN TIN NOODLE SHOP near Chinatown.
3. Anyone who may may have photos or memorabilia from that time.

The production team is taking a road trip through New York, California and Nevada and is looking for people to share their stories about TheGlades.
We will be in New York June 7 – 13, San Francisco June 15 – 30, Southern California July 1 – 14, and Las Vegas July 15 – 20.
We are looking for people connected to The Glades in any capacity – as entertainers, as audience members, as people familiar with the Honolulu Hotel Street scene during the 1960s, 70s and early 80s.

The Glades Project team can be contacted by email at info@TheGladesProject.com, Connie M. Florez or
Susan Harris by phone at 808-782-5610, or via mail at THE GLADES PROJECT, P.O. Box 11884, Honolulu, HI 96828.

Ke Kulana He_Mahu,_Remembering_a_Sense_of_Place, a Hula Girl Productions film project featuring Hina Wong"

roy404
06-14-2005, 06:33 AM
This is a totally honest undertaking. In fact I have interviews with the film crew and director in Vegas next mointh. The company makes great documentarys about Hawaiian culture that very few know about or has not been taped yet.