View Full Version : You only live once..........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Rather personal but fuck it.

A friend of mine since childhood is on suicide watch. He was expecting a baby boy with his wife and she had complications, I won't go into her complications too much but she was 50/50 and the doctor told him that he could
a. abort the child and have the surgery to save his wife
b. let his wife slip away and save the child

He chose A.

He ended up losing both his wife and his child, left with nothing I keep my phone attached to my hip just in case he attempts to do something foolish, I can at least try to be there for him in this time of grief........

My point?

You only live once. End whatever petty bickering you have with family or friends, buy that object you always wanted but you weren't sure it was wise to purchase, and do whatever activity you've always dreamed about doing (safely, please dont skydive without a chute). Some of us take life for granted, and need to appreciate it for the gift it is.

JWBL™

hondarobot
01-06-2008, 04:56 AM
He can have another child, talk that fucker down. I'm sure it sucks. No other explanation for it, but he has to deal with some pretty fucked up stuff.

Realgirls4me
01-06-2008, 04:58 AM
My condolences to your friend and props to you for being there for him. Wow, talk about having one's world turned upside down. That's quite a loss.

Fox
01-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to him, I hope he can find a way to wade through the grief. Is he religious at all?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-06-2008, 05:12 AM
you know I never really got into religion with him, growing up all we ever talked about were pussy & cars

justatransgirl
01-06-2008, 05:22 AM
I totally agree with you JWB. And that's so sad, I hope your friend does OK.

A couple of years before I met Jessica, my then BF who was a commercial diver, just didn't come back from work one day. And I was mad at him because we were supposed to be someplace, and then I learned there'd been an accident.

So you just never know where you are going in life until you get there.

End of story.
TS Jamie

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
That's rough. Be there for him, as I know you are, JW. And great advice to all to live life fully engaged, today. Now.

CORVETTEDUDE
01-06-2008, 08:32 PM
JW, your friends life literally ended, in his eyes. Your friendship, at this time, will be more important that it ever has been. Should everything work out well, that relationship will be stronger than it ever has. I feel really bad for your buddy. There is still plenty of life ahead, you have the undaunting task of showing him the way. I wish both of you the very best!

BeardedOne
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
He can have another child, talk that fucker down. I'm sure it sucks. No other explanation for it, but he has to deal with some pretty fucked up stuff.

True, Honda, we can always make babies, but this guy got the two-pronged jab from Gawd, losing his wife/love at the same time.

It's been ten years since my last relationship and I've never 'clicked' with anyone else and I'm not sure I ever will. Sometimes a life-event will put the brakes on that sort of thing.

While, to date, my only interest has been in putting bullets in paper/other people, I keep a distance from firearms for a reason.

Keep your phone on, Johnny, you're a good friend.

JANIRA
01-06-2008, 09:04 PM
My sympathy to you and your friend. That is so sad i wish him lots of light & love . May he find strength in you and the will to move forward. I couldn't agree more with burying grudges, and making peace "Now". Many people go through life with all these grudges and forget that in order to be at peace with ones self you must forgive,, let go, and move on .

trish
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
You're a good man JWBL, and thank you for the excellent advice. I think I'll call home today, but I'm not gonna by the giant flat screen TV just yet. Peace.

glenntinnyc
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
my sympathies, and good luck, what you said is true u just never know

PghTGrlLvr
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Very sad JWBL.
To make such a heart-rending decision (which was the correct one on his part), and then to lose them both. Big bummer. :(
My heart goes out to your friend, and obviously you are a very good friend for sharing your heavy heart as well.

I remember the night my first boy was born, it was the greatest moment in my life. My wife and I were married only 6 yrs at that time (now 26), and I thank God every day that I did not have to make a decision like that. I would have made the same one though. The mother's life comes first, she already exists. To lose a child would be truly devastating, to lose both your child and wife would feel like the end of the world.

But it isn't and your friend (hopefully in time) will come to realize that and learn to live again. Very sad..........I am so sorry to hear such news.
Be there for him (I know you will), help him through the long process, and yeah I know what you mean about us taking it all for granted. A life should be lived to the fullest each and every day. I'm guilty also, hope your post kicks everybody in the ass including myself.
Thanks for sharing.
Sorry so long.

tgirlzoe
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
That's horrible.

I finally saw my family over Christmas after almost three years. I was so afraid that I'd get word that someone had died without me there. Luckily, the only one that died was my cat (which was still very sad). When I was walking to the bus to go down there, I thought how horrible it would be if I got hit by a car and they never got to see me again.

I walked away from one of my jobs to see them and I have no regrets. There are things in life called "priorities". As hard as it is to get along with your parents as a teenager, especially if they are opposed to you being gay, trans or whatever, don't give up. Even my dad, who is still quite distraught over it called me "she" and by my new name and that meant a lot to me.

I don't know about buying things but I wouldn't ever want to build up money in the bank for no reason. Take that trip to Europe with your family. Spend less time at work and more time with your spouse and kids. A kid would rather you take a sick day and spend it with them than getting a new video game. Talk to your kids. Please! My dad would go to work all day, come home and sit on the computer. It hurt my mom and me for years.

Every moment is a gift from God. Never let it go. Every person is equal, truly, brutally equal. The salaryman as well as the beggar, your friends, your enemies, Osama bin Laden. I think that in the next life, looking back on our mortal life, will be sort of like looking back on high school ~ the pettiest things seemed crucial, we didn't know what real life was like. Learn your priorities, and I hope it isn't a 60" flat screen.

ShadowMaster
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I concur that is horrible I hope your friend finds the solace that he needs to move forward.

KiraHarden
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and your friend.

Kira