View Full Version : My conclusion on the sexuality of men and women who

AllanahStarrNYC
01-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Are Sexually Attracted To Transsexuals.

After discussing the gay question with admirers of transsexuals for a zillionth time- and being asked the fatal 'am i gay question' for a bout a trillionth time- I always said to men 'no you are not gay you are straight'.

My new hypothesis is that men who are sexually attracted to transsexual women and women are bisexual. And when I mean 'bisexual' I mean being attracted to gg and transgendered women only. As I do believe us to be a different gender. There is no way I could ever live the same experiences of a gg and no way a gg could live mine.

I do NOT mean 'bisexual' in the classic sense of being attracted to men and women. Because transgendered people are not grouped differently in society by gender- but obviously, in a different sexual gender group we are.

NOW- I would call a person who is attracted to the opposite sex, transsexuals, and the same sex a pansexual-because you are aroused by every spectrum of the genders.

Of course I would still say that a person who is attracted to the same sex as gay or homosexual.

But if a person is exclusively attracted to transsexuals then I would also reffer to them as straight as I would a man that only likes women or a woman who only likes men-as we still would be an opposite of the male sex or female sex.

I hope that makes sense.

surfoc
01-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Reading that gave me an erection.

hondarobot
01-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Interesting. Being the anomaly, I have no comment.

:wink:

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 02:29 AM
That makes perfect sense to me, Allanah. I've never encountered a truly apt word (nor do we really need a label), despite the lexical search whatsupwithat initiated a few months back. Androgynomorphophilia (or whatever it was) clinically sounds right, but it's a loaded word.

I'm pansexual in that I have enjoyed sexual relations with all types (gg, pre-op tg, post-op tg, and men), but I was never attracted to men beyond the sexual inclination, and have not "gone there" for the past two decades, so I'd say that your description fits me very well.

TheOne1
01-06-2008, 02:29 AM
so many different conclusions......

Tomfurbs
01-06-2008, 02:31 AM
everyone's a little bit pansexual :wink:

AllanahStarrNYC
01-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Oh- under my definition I would classify myself as BISEXUAL as I am 98% attracted to men and about 2% to gg.

I really have no sexual attraction to most transsexuals- and doubt that I could ever engage in a personal sexual encounter outside of work with one because I am just not into it.

cage801
01-06-2008, 02:41 AM
i'm a long time lurker and i wonder why this question is even asked. i am attracted to some ts but not men. i would never be a "bottom". i wonder if the guys that want to be topped by a ts would also want to be topped by a male? it's a preference i guess. i think sexually we all seek the ultimate orgasm and how we get there is really meaningless. why does this gay question keep coming up? does it really matter?

hondarobot
01-06-2008, 02:51 AM
The A is still logged on, I see. You wanna talk about stuff, let's go.

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 03:07 AM
i've been trying on the word "transamorous" as a term for me. i tried sex with men, never liked it. and my attraction to gg's is a distant second to my attraction to transsexuals.

As I do believe us to be a different gender. There is no way I could ever live the same experiences of a gg and no way a gg could live mine.

spot on! bravo! :)

hondarobot
01-06-2008, 03:16 AM
The whole fuckin deal is crazy. Try walking a mile in my boots.

You play the cards you're dealt. I honestly have no problems with anything, I just accept the world as being interesting and odd, and I enjoy being a part of it.

Aunt Kay
01-06-2008, 03:39 AM
I hate labels and generaliztions. I like gg's and transexuals both pre-op and post op. When I look at the face and eyes, I try to get a feel for their pesonality to see if I like them. That makes me a ....?

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 03:50 AM
I hate labels and generaliztions. I like gg's and transexuals both pre-op and post op. When I look at the face and eyes, I try to get a feel for their pesonality to see if I like them. That makes me a ....?

human

Realgirls4me
01-06-2008, 03:53 AM

A rational, open-minded, critically-thinking person?

I dunno. What ? ;)

trish
01-06-2008, 03:56 AM
perhaps we need a new word, something like

femiphilic: adj. loving those with feminine characteristics.

the word would have a wide range of interpretations or uses depending on the range of what the user considers to be feminine enough to adore.

some would femiphiliacs would find the femininity of club kids deserving of adoration. other femiphiliacs would not be tempted except by the most feminine tg's such a Allanah.

just an idea.

Fox
01-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Personally, I disagree on tgirls being a third gender (and the bisexual part associated), but I respect your assessment. I don't think you're right or wrong, I just see it a bit differently. 8)

Realgirls4me
01-06-2008, 04:01 AM

the word would have a wide range of interpretations or uses depending on the range of what the user considers to be feminine enough to adore.

some would femiphiliacs would find the femininity of club kids deserving of adoration. other femiphiliacs would not be tempted except by the most feminine tg's such a Allanah.

just an idea.

Sounds like a term Norm Crosby would come up with ... Oops, I'm dating myself again. :)

Alchemist
01-06-2008, 04:03 AM
First. Let me say that I stopped trying to disect my attraction to TG's a long time ago, I just see myself as some who is attracted to women of a broad spectrum. I believe that being a woman encompasses more than what you have between your legs. I don't 'bottom' for any woman, because for me a woman is supposed to be passive when it comes to intercorse.

I tend to say that men attracted to TG's simply have bi-sexual tendancies as opposed to calling them flat out bisexual. I guess we just define the word differently, but to me bisexuality simply means you are attracted to both sexes, separately.

Human sexuality is...complicated. I really don't think it's even possible to define it with 3 rudimentary catagories.

LTR_Seeker
01-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Reading that gave me an erection. A Dennys Menu would give yu a hardon ..lol

trish
01-06-2008, 04:11 AM

just an idea.

Sounds like a term Norm Crosby would come up with ... Oops, I'm dating myself again. :)

yeah :D not one of my better efforts at word-smithing.

trish
01-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Human sexuality is...complicated. I don't think it's even possible to define it into with 3 rudimentary catagories.

this rings sooo true with me. i think there's a whole multi-dimensional continuum of genders. no-body is homosexual because no two people have the same gender.

(i just said that to see if someone else would get a hard on).

RevolveR.
01-06-2008, 04:22 AM
@ Allanah: I think your post makes alot of sense, I look at transsexuals as being women, but there is a difference to GGs, therefore a man couldn't be fully hetrosexual to be attracted to one. The same could be said about GGs that are attracted to F2M transsexuals, they are bisexual too in my opinion. Not that labels matter but that's the way I see things.

tsmandy
01-06-2008, 05:23 AM
It's nice to hear peoples perspectives on this.

I'm not very good at defining other peoples sexuality for them, and I long ago quit caring where exactly I fit in. I have an idea, but if I think about it long enough I tend to make mountains out of molehills.

For myself though, I've long identified as bi-sexual and have tended to feel most comfortable dating men and women who identified either that way or as pan-sexual. I'm not really attracted to body types so much as I am people. Guys with dicks, guys with clits, girls with clits, girls with dicks, people who don't know what they are; doesn't really matter to me, I think they are all hot.

I'm sexually attracted to people who are sex-positive sex dorks. People that want to feel good, and that want me to feel good too (or bad if thats the game we are playing).

Anyways, straight to me is not just about who you are having sex with, as it is the veneer of normalcy. I get it, alot of folks find comfort and belonging in that. Being able to go out in public and not catch flack is a good thing, its good to not worry about your safety or livelihood. That is what straight means to me. Many of the guys that post here, are not gonna be heading to the next Stonewall celebration, and that's ok. And most girls don't want to be out everywhere they go either.

Seems to me that most of the people who I've encountered in this and other web-forums are straight.
Tgirls who like guys, are not gay. Tgirls who like girls, are. I'm gay. I also like guys, and I tend to connect best with bi-guys, doesn't mean I don't have a good time with straight dudes, just means they don't understand certain large aspects of my life.

Trans people and their lovers are just fucked when it comes to other peoples opinion. If you are a lesbian and you date a trans-woman you are all of a sudden straight and the friends you used to have don't wanna share space anymore, if you are a straight guy and you date a tgirl then you are gay and you lose some of your less tolerant friends. This is stupid and wrong.

I'm just gonna keep saying the things I say, and being the person I am, until it's just no big deal to hook up with, love, or marry a trans person.

Lots of love and respect to everyone who's there with me.
xoxo
Mandy

surfoc
01-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Reading that gave me an erection. A Dennys Menu would give yu a hardon ..lolI wiped it off.

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 08:56 AM

I'm not very good at defining other peoples sexuality for them, and I long ago quit caring where exactly I fit in. I have an idea, but if I think about it long enough I tend to make mountains out of molehills.

For myself though, I've long identified as bi-sexual and have tended to feel most comfortable dating men and women who identified either that way or as pan-sexual. I'm not really attracted to body types so much as I am people. Guys with dicks, guys with clits, girls with clits, girls with dicks, people who don't know what they are; doesn't really matter to me, I think they are all hot.

I'm sexually attracted to people who are sex-positive sex dorks. People that want to feel good, and that want me to feel good too (or bad if thats the game we are playing).

Anyways, straight to me is not just about who you are having sex with, as it is the veneer of normalcy. I get it, alot of folks find comfort and belonging in that. Being able to go out in public and not catch flack is a good thing, its good to not worry about your safety or livelihood. That is what straight means to me. Many of the guys that post here, are not gonna be heading to the next Stonewall celebration, and that's ok. And most girls don't want to be out everywhere they go either.

Seems to me that most of the people who I've encountered in this and other web-forums are straight.
Tgirls who like guys, are not gay. Tgirls who like girls, are. I'm gay. I also like guys, and I tend to connect best with bi-guys, doesn't mean I don't have a good time with straight dudes, just means they don't understand certain large aspects of my life.

Trans people and their lovers are just fucked when it comes to other peoples opinion. If you are a lesbian and you date a trans-woman you are all of a sudden straight and the friends you used to have don't wanna share space anymore, if you are a straight guy and you date a tgirl then you are gay and you lose some of your less tolerant friends. This is stupid and wrong.

I'm just gonna keep saying the things I say, and being the person I am, until it's just no big deal to hook up with, love, or marry a trans person.

xoxo
Mandy

that was beautiful to read. thank you! :)

yodajazz
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM

After discussing the gay question with admirers of transsexuals for a zillionth time- and being asked the fatal 'am i gay question' for a bout a trillionth time- I always said to men 'no you are not gay you are straight'.

My new hypothesis is that men who are sexually attracted to transsexual women and women are bisexual. And when I mean 'bisexual' I mean being attracted to gg and transgendered women only. As I do believe us to be a different gender. There is no way I could ever live the same experiences of a gg and no way a gg could live mine.

I do NOT mean 'bisexual' in the classic sense of being attracted to men and women. Because transgendered people are not grouped differently in society by gender- but obviously, in a different sexual gender group we are.

NOW- I would call a person who is attracted to the opposite sex, transsexuals, and the same sex a pansexual-because you are aroused by every spectrum of the genders.

Of course I would still say that a person who is attracted to the same sex as gay or homosexual.

But if a person is exclusively attracted to transsexuals then I would also reffer to them as straight as I would a man that only likes women or a woman who only likes men-as we still would be an opposite of the male sex or female sex.

I hope that makes sense.

I understand what you are saying, I think. You are saying that transgender and gg women are two sexes, and that males are another. That is a school of thought held in many cultures around the world. What you say is important, because self definition is as important as someone else’s scientific theory, or more so. I think this is another case where no one is completely wrong. And no one has the complete answer.

I have always thought that people who liked transsexual were bisexual to a degree. But your way would be to call them pansexual. But I’m one of those who think that everyone is really bisexually or pansexual as you would call it. For example using you as example, from this thread. You said you like men 98% of the time. So while that is predominately straight it is not purely straight. I believe that if there was a gay straight scale of zero to ten thousand, no one would score 10,000 or zero if it was done right.

As for the words that people here have made to describe liking transgender people, I think that both terms in this thread are ok. Whatsupwiththat used the term “transamorous”, and Trish used the term “femiphilic”. Both of those are a lot more useful than that scientific term andromophicgynaphilic or something like that, which had about 8 or 9 syllables.

It's nice to hear peoples perspectives on this. ...

xoxo
Mandy

I agree with you and I'm there with you.

Tomfurbs
01-06-2008, 11:53 AM

Trans people and their lovers are just fucked when it comes to other peoples opinion.

This has definitely been my experience. Your post made a lot of sense.

4ever_ngt
01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
This is why i gave up labels a long time ago..lol because there really is no blanket term for all..I see my self as pansexual.. A square peg in a round world & im ok with that. All i can say is this.."When i learned to love another human regardless of their gender or what they had between their legs" I became a lil bit more human & the world became a lot smaller

BrendaQG
01-06-2008, 04:45 PM
@Allanah

So basically this is the idea that we are a third (or fourth) gender. It would be nice if society looked at it this way. If we Ts's are a third gender then men/women who have sex with us are all straight. The only weak part of your arguement is that you only asserted that being a transsexual is a third gender. Here is a proof that what you asserted is true.

The question is what defines a gender?

The two accepted genders are defined by their genitals and a specific role in society.

The same can be said of transsexuals mtf and ftm. Both groups are defined as people who were born with certain genitals who have certain stereotyped roles in society.

Therefore MtF transsexuals are one gender and FtM transsexuals are another.

:-? That makes this all sound so obvious dosen't it.

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 08:05 PM
i've been trying on the word "transamorous" as a term for me. i tried sex with men, never liked it. and my attraction to gg's is a distant second to my attraction to transsexuals.

That works for me, e! Sooooo much better than 'chaser' or 'admirer' or any other alternative I've seen.

Of course, from our perspective, it's really just 'normal'. ;)

BeardedOne
01-06-2008, 08:24 PM
While the 'Third Gender' concept makes sense, and helps some people to understand, to some extent, the existence of Ts, I'm sure (In fact, I know) that there are quite a few Ts that don't see it that way.

Do you, Alannah Starr, truly feel that you are a 'third' gender? Is Buck Angel out there? I'd like to hear his take on this. And what of Intersexed people, born naturally with the chromosomal mix of one gender in the physical form of another?

Over time, and especially in recent years, I've found gender to be a very fluid concept. It's easy to say black/white, night/day, male/female, but what happens when the varying shades of grey and dawn and dusk come into play?

A friend of mine, Ivo Dominguez, Jr., published a collection of essays a few years ago entitled "Beneath the Skins" ( http://books.google.com/books?id=kSZYHLtYzJsC&pg=PA103&lpg=PA103&dq=ivo+domiguez+beneath+the+skins&source=web&ots=9HeqXIAqvt&sig=-2XqDtEM6TeqFtSM13DX5vgX1tg#PPP1,M1 Reference is on Page 17). In it, he includes an illustration that tweaks the Kinsey Scale of human sexuality. Dubbed "Polysexuality:Multiple Continuums", the graphic takes the Kinsey slide of Gay/Straight and adds scales of Butch/Femme, Top/Bottom, Sadism/Masochism. I'll have to tell him that he needs to update this graphic to include a scale of Male/Female. :) Each person has a unique mix of where these scales fall and interconnect.

Are Ts truly a 'Third Gender'? Are Intersexed people a fourth? Is an Interesexed person who has had their body surgically altered to conform with or rebel against their chromosomal gender a fifth?

How high can we count?

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice. I was visualizing a graph in three dimensions: sexual physiology, gender, and sexual orientation, thereby allowing a wide diversity of possibilities. This takes it even further.

BeardedOne
01-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Nice. I was visualizing a graph in three dimensions: sexual physiology, gender, and sexual orientation, thereby allowing a wide diversity of possibilities. This takes it even further.

I exist to make life "interesting". :twisted:

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM

now that's a hot business model, actually...maybe start a site like the eharmony of gender and sexuality.

who's up for it?

BeardedOne
01-06-2008, 08:57 PM
now that's a hot business model, actually...maybe start a site like the eharmony of gender and sexuality.

who's up for it?

Color me clueless: eharmony?

Izzat a dating site like the one that set my ex up with the guy that was still under investigation for the murder of his wife?

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 09:01 PM

who's up for it?
I am. But we need a good name. Maybe... egender? Or tharmony? (OK, couldn't resist that last one, though it would narrow the market considerably.)

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 09:06 PM

who's up for it?

Color me clueless: eharmony?

Izzat a dating site like the one that set my ex up with the guy that was still under investigation for the murder of his wife?

eharmony is a strange dating site started by christian fundamentalists. it gives people a personality/phsychological quiz and accepts and rejects based upon the answers. apparently, murderers are ok.

i just think it would be interesting to set up a sexuality/gender dating site based upon a scale where people pick and choose and are directed to others who have similar answers or are looking for what the person has to offer.

you could have questions based upon kinsey or a 1-10 scale as to likes and dislikes, sexuality, etc...no, "yes" or "no" answers.

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM

who's up for it?
I am. But we need a good name. Maybe... egnder? Or tharmony? (OK, couldn't resist that last one, though it would narrow the market considerably.)

i would branch it out above and beyond he "t"...include everyone. and in the end, just think...we would the world's largest database of human sexuality. i would also keep it free and supported by advertisers.

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 09:13 PM
i would branch it out above and beyond he "t"...include everyone. and in the end, just think...we would the world's largest database of human sexuality. i would also keep it free and supported by advertisers.

Maybe call it genderharmony.com. So we need a first rate dba to implement the data layer to drive the site.

BeardedOne
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
eharmony is a strange dating site started by christian fundamentalists. it gives people a personality/phsychological quiz and accepts and rejects based upon the answers. apparently, murderers are ok.

I'll have to ask, but I'd bet that's what she was pinging. Her ancestors were missionaries and her mother keeps seven (No shit, seven) bibles in the bathroom.

May be eight now. :shrug

Interesting concept, though. A dating site that tweaks the gender model. Hasn't it been done already, though? URNotAlone?

Ecstatic
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
URNA probably has a nice database of gender variant people to begin with, but not the logic to make the connections between people based on their preferences.

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM

I'll have to ask, but I'd bet that's what she was pinging. Her ancestors were missionaries and her mother keeps seven (No shit, seven) bibles in the bathroom.

May be eight now. :shrug

Interesting concept, though. A dating site that tweaks the gender model. Hasn't it been done already, though? URNotAlone?

i wouldn't base it soley on gender. it would also elicit responses on all forms of sexuality.

like you and ecstatic stated...gender and sexuality are fluid...it would be interesting to base it upon that as opposed to what is already being done.

whatsupwithat
01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
URNA probably has a nice database of gender variant people to begin with, but not the logic to make the connections between people based on their preferences.

exactly! nor does any other dating site.

well, talking about this openly on a public forum means someone will probably grab the idea...but will they do it correctly? i doubt it.

marcelloNYC
04-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Perfectly expressed Allanah.

I have always classified myself as pansexual

jjhill
04-12-2009, 05:21 PM

I hope that makes sense.

I totally agree with this

LibertyHarkness
04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
i call myself bisexual 100%

men that see me with escorting i just deem as abit bi curious as its the cock part on a femme body that instills them to see me.. so therefor in my views that makes them bi/bi curious.. cock on cock is what is it at the end of the day to me.

but i dont like labels xxx

My mum says i am unisex lol

baileyandkc
04-12-2009, 06:51 PM
so how would you classify that German woman attracted to Polar Bears?

Pan Sexual? Idiotic-Sexual?

hwbs
04-12-2009, 07:24 PM
see that is the best part of not giving a flying fuck about others views of yourself....u are bound by your own constraints and not by how society views you...when i meet a girl i am very clear on this and it is a take it or leave it type system with me :)

NYBURBS
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
see that is the best part of not giving a flying fuck about others views of yourself....u are bound by your own constraints and not by how society views you...when i meet a girl i am very clear on this and it is a take it or leave it type system with me :)

Yea I had this conversation just the other day while sitting in a diner. Personally I'm not going to label myself anything nor worry about what someone else wants to label me. I find myself attracted to women and TS, but not men. I'm also versatile in bed and of course to many that somehow would make me more or less "gay" depending upon the position lol. Whether or not all of this makes me gay, bi, straight, or fucking round is meaningless... It is what it is and I am what I am.

Still an interesting post on the part of Allanah.

Bob's Tgirls
04-12-2009, 10:47 PM

I hope that makes sense.

This question has been asked of me many times. Your explanation here is great. Can I quote you on my site FAQ?

tao1kiku
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM
The concept of multi-gender, third gender has been around for quite some time, recognised by the American and Canadian Native peoples, calling it "Two Spirits".

"Alternative gender roles were among the most widely shared features of North American societies. Male berdaches have been documented in over 155 tribes. In about a third of these groups, a formal status also existed for females who undertook a man’s lifestyle, becoming hunters, warriors, and chiefs. They were sometimes referred to with the same term for male berdaches and sometimes with a distinct term—making them, therefore, a fourth gender. (Thus, “third gender” generally refers to male berdaches and sometimes male and female berdaches, while “fourth gender” always refers to female berdaches.) Each tribe, of course, had its own terms for these roles, such as boté in Crow, nádleehí in Navajo, winkte in Lakota, and alyha: and hwame: in Mohave. "

"Historically, Native communities have thought of Two-Spiritedness as a gift. It was not necessary to define or impose roles on members of the community. Rather than imposing strictly binary gender roles, it was more important that everyone perform their specific role in relation to the overall survival of the community. This social philosophy led to a respect for T-S people, which allowed them to have unrestricted relationships—a respect which was spoiled by colonization. As Sue-Ellen Jacobs, a professor at the University of Washington, explains: "North Americans fit into their own varying categories of sexual identity until the strict social and gender structure of the colonies imposed a gender hierarchy rather than a continuum." Unfortunately, negative treatment of T-S people still occurs both inside and outside of Native communities. Whether Two-Spiritedness is a genetic or a psychological state of being is still a topic of debate. This thinking arises from the Western social values and discrimination that have been normalized through the North American colonization and assimilation of First Nations People. Eurocentric values tend to be black and white—a person is assigned one of two genders at birth, determined by their physiology. In doing so, the predetermined identity of female or male is expected to become reality. However, in Native communities that have maintained their unique philosophies on gender, these rigid concerns are not important"

All I know is, my brain is wired for the female form. If I see a female form (GG or TS) there is the possibility of attraction and sexual interest.. If I see a guy, does absolutely nothing for me.

Shonuff
04-13-2009, 03:02 AM
I like this theory by Trish (below). Like, masculinity and femininity, I think one's attraction towards others essentially ranges along a continuum of attraction to male characteristics to attraction to female characteristics. Thus, a male who is attracted to TGirls but not men would be closer to the "attraction to female" end of the pole but would not be at the far end. This might be the guy who is turned on by the idea of a female with male genitalia. A male who is equally attracted to male and female characteristics would be square in the middle of the continuum. This guy might be attracted to ggs, males, and Tgirls alike.

I like Allanah's theory as well but ultimately think that a theory based on a continuum captures the complexity of this concept better than one based on categories. Great ideas flowing on here!

just an idea.

AllanahStarrNYC
04-13-2009, 05:41 AM

I hope that makes sense.

This question has been asked of me many times. Your explanation here is great. Can I quote you on my site FAQ?

Sure ;)

brickcitybrother
04-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Allanah:

I'll take that for a dollar. Hell, I'll take whatever you're selling. lol Good post.