PDA

View Full Version : Rank who played Batman the best

Herkyalert
12-28-2007, 11:17 PM
1. Christan Bale-Overall pulled everything off nearly perfect. Hopefully The Dark Knight will make this question a no-brainer in the future and solidify Bale as the best.

2. Michael Keaton-Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne, but not as convincing as Batman -- if that makes any sense.

3. Val Kilmer-Pretty average all around.

4. George Clooney-Played Wayne the best IMO, but was horrible as Batman.

5. Adam West-Good for the campy TV show, bad to actually be Batman. His voice was better than anything.

StaggerLee
12-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Keaton-no contest

KiraHarden
12-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Christain Bale
Keaton
Kilmer
Clooney

luv4Tgirls
12-29-2007, 12:23 AM
1. Bale
2. Keaton
3. West

looking forward to the new batman movie

VickisPal
12-29-2007, 12:39 AM
The real Batman was in a short feature called "Batman Dead End."
His name is Clark Beltram.
He has a website.
To see this film goole Batman Dead End. It was at ifilms when I saw it.
There is also Grayson
Worlds Finest
and a Wonder Woman feature.
All Short films.
Clark Beltram is Batman.

Teabagger Vance
12-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Bale

Keaton

Kilmer

West

Clooney gets a negative rating from me. Worst. Batman. Ever.

David J.
12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
1. Christan Bale-Overall pulled everything off nearly perfect. Hopefully The Dark Knight will make this question a no-brainer in the future and solidify Bale as the best.

2. Michael Keaton-Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne, but not as convincing as Batman -- if that makes any sense.

3. Val Kilmer-Pretty average all around.

4. George Clooney-Played Wayne the best IMO, but was horrible as Batman.

5. Adam West-Good for the campy TV show, bad to actually be Batman. His voice was better than anything.

Agree with most but I would rank Keaton the best. With him, the story picks up with a man who has been Batman for a while and is clearly at a crossroad in his life. Keaton portrayed that better than anyone expected and had the tortured soul required when faced with connecting with someone emotionally (wonderful performance by Bassinger). Bale clearly second and I'd put West above Clooney because he didn't play the comic book or graphic novel Batman. It was something completely different and he made it work as only ADAM WE...could.

Legend
12-29-2007, 01:15 AM
1.Keaton
2.West
3.Kilmer
4.Clooney
5.Bale

vegasboy
12-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Have to say Keaton. He was great as Bruce Wayne, and it was my favorite of the movies...have to think it had something to do with his portrayal. It was convincing.

Surprising Kilmer wasn't a better batman since he's such an all around good actor imo. Or maybe I'm just thinking of his portrayal of Doc Holiday.

stillies77
12-29-2007, 01:20 AM
1.Keaton
2.West
3.Kilmer
4.Clooney
5.Bale

are you on crack?

you think clooney was a better batman than bale?! have you ever even seen batman before?

its

Bale
Keaton
Kilmer
West
Clooney

Editors Note- Go watch batman and robin...clooney never even changed his voice when he had the costume on...he just walked around making public appearances saying shit like "Hi Freeze IM BATMAN!"

Bale is the man.

Quinn
12-29-2007, 01:35 AM
IMO, Bale was the only good one, though I agree that West was appropriate for the campier version in his day (definitely the right voice). I like Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney as actors, but I think they were terrible in that role.

-Quinn

Night Rider
12-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Michael Keaton - End of topic

Quinn
12-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Actually, I'm going to change my position. I think that, rather than paying the Penguin, Danny Devito should have played Batman. How funny would that have been?

-Quinn

BeardedOne
12-29-2007, 02:48 AM
It's been a while since I've seen any of the Batman flicks (And longer since I've seen West's role - He was my first GG gf's father's roomie at college :) ). But I respect Stillies take on all things comic-related and will pretty much agree on his opinions relative tho the =real= Dark Knight.

hwbs
12-29-2007, 02:51 AM
as a whole i still love the 1st batman..from the cast to the soundtrack

Ecstatic
12-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Keaton - Best Bruce Wayne (when Batman came out, I said "hooray for casting for Bruce Wayne and not for Batman. Any muscular actor could play Batman, but it takes something else to play Bruce Wayne.")

Bale - Best Batman, second best Wayne (and a nice, slightly dark spin on a younger, beginning character)

West - Best campy Batman: West is no great actor, but his Batman was perfect for its portrayal and time

Kilmer - I too was surprised neither his Batman nor his Wayne weren't better; I blame the writers, not the actor

Clooney - Teabagger got it right: "Worst. Batman. Ever."

Night Rider
12-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Actually, I'm going to change my position. I think that, rather than paying the Penguin, Danny Devito should have played Batman. How funny would that have been?

-Quinn

That would be classic!!!!

I can just imagine him in action :lol:

alex_c
12-29-2007, 03:00 AM
:popcorn

DaLonelyGuyNJ
12-29-2007, 03:39 AM
Bale....and then everyone else

MrsKellyPierce
12-29-2007, 03:48 AM
Christian Bale of course he had the best story line.

4star4
12-29-2007, 04:05 AM
I wish I was a Batman fan, but I'm not. I like the early James Bond movies.

hondarobot
12-29-2007, 04:19 AM
Bale isn't a bad choice, but the best Batman would be Patrick Warburton, assuming he played it right.

That would be Batman.

Quinn
12-29-2007, 04:39 AM
You know you that want to see Danny Devito as the next Batman:

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/fanart2/new/penguin-devito.jpg

lust4ts
12-29-2007, 04:59 AM
You know you that want to see Danny Devito as the next Batman:

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/fanart2/new/penguin-devito.jpg

That's going to be one little ass Bat Suit.........................

Uncut
12-29-2007, 06:10 AM
1) West he was the 1st
2) Bale is the best modern Batman
3) Keaton
4) Kilmer
5) Clooney was by far the worst Batman EVER