PDA

View Full Version : Turista's Is this a Sick movie?

KiraHarden
12-26-2007, 12:26 AM
I was going to watch this movie last night, I put it on and I never made it past opening credits... Too scary. Nope not for me.

AllanahStarrNYC
12-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Actually it's not that scary at all.

I saw through it and was ok- and I am usually a scardy cat when it comes to horror films.

ImpulZ
12-26-2007, 12:36 AM
I read about that movie and spoken too some people who saw that movie.

I think the movie sucks from what i have heard and read

But who knows i like it when i see the movie :o :D :roll:

Night Rider
12-26-2007, 12:37 AM
I love scary films.....there's not many about though :(

KiraHarden
12-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Actually it's not that scary at all.

I saw through it and was ok- and I am usually a scardy cat when it comes to horror films.
That beginning is creepy. I'll maybe try again, Ill trust you this!

Dino Velvet
12-26-2007, 12:41 AM

Agreed. I still haven't been as scared as when I was a kid and saw The Exorcist, Jaws, and Halloween in the theatre. Some modern horror is fun and gory but far from scary. I am a fan of the 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later movies though.

BeardedOne
12-26-2007, 12:42 AM
I actually thought that The Net and Firestarter were scary, because of the elements that were all too real in them.

KiraHarden
12-26-2007, 12:43 AM

Agreed. I still haven't been as scared as when I was a kid and saw The Exorcist, Jaws, and Halloween in the theatre. Some modern horror is fun and gory but far from scary. I am a fan of the 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later movies though.
Yeah!! Those scare me :cry:

ImpulZ
12-26-2007, 12:46 AM
dino velvet......

what about the movie...........THE THING :)

Night Rider
12-26-2007, 12:49 AM

Yeah, films like The Omen and The Exorcist freaked me out when I was younger because they're about religion. The best time to watch a scary movie is on your own at night, then it can make it a bit more exciting.

I like some of the new (non scary) movies too like 28 days later and The Blair Witch Project and stuff but there's not much about.

AllanahStarrNYC
12-26-2007, 01:14 AM

When I was a kid The Excorcist and The Evil Dead scared me so much that I was unable to sleep well for weeks.

The Excorcist IMO is still the scariest film of all time.

I rememner going to see it years ago when it was re-released and it still creeped me out.

The last film I found to be really creeped out in was The Hills Have Eyes (the remake). Boy was that gross anf graphic.

But turistas is crappy- it's a take on the film Dirty Pretty Things which is by far superior and much more intense.

ImpulZ
12-26-2007, 01:20 AM

When I was a kid The Excorcist and The Evil Dead scared me so much that I was unable to sleep well for weeks.

The Excorcist IMO is still the scariest film of all time.

I rememner going to see it years ago when it was re-released and it still creeped me out.

Did you also like the first alien movie???

okay it seems too be a science fiction movie but whit a lot horror in it 8)
The last film I found to be really creeped out in was The Hills Have Eyes (the remake). Boy was that gross anf graphic.

But turistas is crappy- it's a take on the film Dirty Pretty Things which is by far superior and much more intense.

ImpulZ
12-26-2007, 01:22 AM
i think i made a mistake...

do you also like the alien movie whit sigorney weaver.. :?:

AllanahStarrNYC
12-26-2007, 01:39 AM

Yes- love those films

But my favortie Alien film is Alien 2.

ImpulZ
12-26-2007, 01:51 AM

Yes- love those films

But my favortie Alien film is Alien 2.

Yeah the alien part 2 is the best in my opinion, just like you :P :D

Rod la Rod
12-26-2007, 02:03 AM
This is the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. I saw it as a young child and I have never recovered. It involves a jilted bride, ( Betty Davis), who chops up her groom on their wedding day with a meat clever. Very graphic and gruesome esp. for the 1960's.

http://moviescreenshots.blogspot.com/2007/10/hushhush-sweet-charlotte-1965.html

Dino Velvet
12-26-2007, 03:37 AM

I was lucky enough as a kid to catch Evil Dead and Nightmare On Elm Street on a double feature at the Culver Theatre in Culver City. Anybody remember that place? I think it's the Kirk Douglas Theatre now. I saw tons of horror movie double features there when I was a kid. It was a real Grindhouse-type theatre.

Add the original Alien to my list. That movie had incredible suspense and many moments where you felt your heart stuck in your throat and couldn't breathe. I like Aliens as well but felt it was more of an action movie while the first was a horror movie in an outer space setting.

Another good horror movie in space is Event Horizon.

As a kid I also remember being scared by Let's Scare Jessica To Death when I saw it on TV.

A newer movie that I can recommend buying is The Descent. It's directed by Neil Marshall who also did Dog Soldiers. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/

BrendaQG
12-26-2007, 03:47 AM
I saw it on DVD, Fell asleep on it twice. The last movie that really scared me was Saving Private Ryan.

KiraHarden
12-26-2007, 05:14 AM

I was lucky enough as a kid to catch Evil Dead and Nightmare On Elm Street on a double feature at the Culver Theatre in Culver City. Anybody remember that place? I think it's the Kirk Douglas Theatre now. I saw tons of horror movie double features there when I was a kid. It was a real Grindhouse-type theatre.

Add the original Alien to my list. That movie had incredible suspense and many moments where you felt your heart stuck in your throat and couldn't breathe. I like Aliens as well but felt it was more of an action movie while the first was a horror movie in an outer space setting.

Another good horror movie in space is Event Horizon.

As a kid I also remember being scared by Let's Scare Jessica To Death when I saw it on TV.

A newer movie that I can recommend buying is The Descent. It's directed by Neil Marshall who also did Dog Soldiers. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/
Event Horizon Put me to sleep. I did like Descent and own the dvd

Dino Velvet
12-26-2007, 05:30 AM
Event Horizon Put me to sleep.

Yeah, I know some people who liked it, like me, and some who didn't. Sam Neil was pretty evil though. Laurence "Don't Call Me Larry" Fishburne was good too.

chefmike
12-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I thought that 'Wolf Creek' was a pretty intense and disturbing film. 'Turistas' was pretty lame(and pretty tame) when compared to something like 'Hostel'...that flick really creeped me out.

joyboy123
12-26-2007, 09:34 AM
This is the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. I saw it as a young child and I have never recovered. It involves a jilted bride, ( Betty Davis), who chops up her groom on their wedding day with a meat clever. Very graphic and gruesome esp. for the 1960's.

http://moviescreenshots.blogspot.com/2007/10/hushhush-sweet-charlotte-1965.html

Yeah, I saw that one as a kid also. It was pretty scary.
The first "Saw" movie was really good and scary.

KiraHarden
12-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Wrong Turn is gross

Quinn
12-26-2007, 04:16 PM
I thought that 'Wolf Creek' was a pretty intense and disturbing film. 'Turistas' was pretty lame(and pretty tame) when compared to something like 'Hostel'...that flick really creeped me out.

That's essentially what I was thinking. Turistas barely registered with me, but Hostel definitely fucked with my head for a couple of days. It had me thinking about human nature and the concept of evil to the point where I couldn't sleep more than usual, which makes for a good movie from my perspective.

-Quinn

Dino Velvet
12-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Wrong Turn is gross

If you like Wrong Turn, check out Wrong Turn 2. It might have been a straight to DVD movie but it was still good and definitely worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804555/
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bWca5NyCL._SS500_.jpg

TheOne1
12-26-2007, 11:29 PM
the movie "dolls" scared the hell outta me when i was a kid.... fuck them

Dino Velvet
12-26-2007, 11:51 PM
the movie "dolls" scared the hell outta me when i was a kid.... fuck them

Stuart Gordon's one of the better horror directors. He's done the Re-Animator movies, From Beyond, Dolls, Castle Freak, Dagon, and 2 Masters of Horror episodes.

flabbybody
12-27-2007, 12:51 AM
WAIT UNTIL DARK about drug dealers looking for a stash of heroin in a blind woman's apartment is the scariest movie I've ever seen.
If you have a heart condition, don't see it.