PDA

View Full Version : "Don't forget that we are a family"

whatsupwithat
12-23-2007, 10:53 PM
i came across this signature line from yasmine lee:

"We all have something to say. Don't forget that we are a family."

i just wanted to put it out there, because while each of us here is very different, we are all part of a community, a family, if you will, that faces severe prejudice and bias from without. and, like a family, we may not agree with each other or we may get into arguments, but i truly believe we need each others love and support. there's way too much hatred and ignorance coming our way everyday to turn our backs on each other.

and so...we are at a turning point in the trans community - policies are being discussed, decisions being made, the issues are becoming more visible. it's not so much a revolution as it is an evolution. and having lived through darker days within this family, i can honestly say it's a beautiful thing to be a part of.

i can also honestly say that you are all a beautiful mass and mess of a people to call family. love ya and happy holidays! :)

now, let's dance!

"We are family
I got all my sisters (and brothers) with me
We are family
Get up ev'rybody and sing

Ev'ryone can see we're together
As we walk on by
(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
(ALL!) all of the people around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel"

- Sister Sledge

yah, i'm feelin' it today. :P

lust4ts
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
If only everyone had the same attitude as you! The world would be a much better place.

But we don't, so let the flame wars commence :wink:

whatsupwithat
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
If only everyone had the same attitude as you! The world would be a much better place.

But we don't, so let the flame wars commence :wink:

hahaha! happy holidays, my brother. ;)

lust4ts
12-23-2007, 11:06 PM
You too man 8)

Night Rider
If you weren't such a nice guy Eric I'd give my 2 peneth (cents)

All I will say is it's quite ironic that the person who uses it is the person throwing feul in the fire.

mbf
well, happy holidays to you too, Eric!

But, the family analogy is a bit......hmmmm.....bc x-mas season usually is the time of the year families seem to quarrel the most.

So let`s not bet on a peaceful family reunion, but let`s hope for one.

whatsupwithat
12-23-2007, 11:17 PM
well, happy holidays to you too, Eric!

But, the family analogy is a bit......hmmmm.....bc x-mas season usually is the time of the year families seem to quarrel the most.

So let`s not bet on a peaceful family reunion, but let`s hope for one.

let's hope! much peace and happy holidays, bro'.

whatsupwithat
12-23-2007, 11:18 PM

that's exactly what i wanted for xmas! peneths! thanks, man!

happy holidays to you. :)

Night Rider
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM

that's exactly what i wanted for xmas! peneths! thanks, man!

happy holidays to you. :)

LOL I'm feeling generous this year

Happy holidays :D

CORVETTEDUDE
12-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Although pretty Utopic in concept, it is a nice thought.

Happy Holidays to all my partners on HA...Be Safe!

Leverage87
12-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Well, since I'm going to be dealing with drunken and fueding family members in a couple of days, I probably wont be on here to say Happy Holidays on time, so I'll say it now

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and have a good New Year everybody. Wish me luck in dealing with me paroled drug addict uncle, my alcoholic uncle on probation, and my asshole grandfather! Its gonna be a fun old time.

Quinn
12-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I would like to take the time to wish everyone on HA a Happy Kwanzaa. Here's to a stellar 2008.

http://birointernationale.bbi-news.com/sft86/cheers.jpg

-Quinn

lust4ts
12-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and have a good New Year everybody. Wish me luck in dealing with me paroled drug addict uncle, my alcoholic uncle on probation, and my asshole grandfather! Its gonna be a fun old time.

Good luck Lev, I just have to deal with my overly religious Catholic Grandmother who always starts crying and tells me I'm the devil incarnate :roll:

Leverage87
12-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh god, thats like my grandpas new girlfriend. Last time my Grandpa was in the hospital, my uncle went to help, and she told him that he didn't matter and they couldn't depend on him, he didn't count as family. Shes a dirty bitch that everyone hates. She'll be there too yay!

lust4ts
12-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh god, thats like my grandpas new girlfriend. Last time my Grandpa was in the hospital, my uncle went to help, and she told him that he didn't matter and they couldn't depend on him, he didn't count as family. Shes a dirty bitch that everyone hates. She'll be there too yay!

Sounds bad man, nope it's just my Nanna doing hail mary’s and telling me not to drink anymore wine!

Got a joke for ya lev. How come Santa doesn't have any kids?.......... Because he only Cums once a year and that's down a chimney!

Another one. Did you hear about the dyslectic Satan Worshiper?............ He sold his soul to Santa!

Don't worry I'm here all week :roll:

MrsKellyPierce
12-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Excuse me Eric but we aren't family I wont fuck my family lol

conan007
12-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Happy Holidays,

Happy Christmas,

Merry Christmas

to all.

x

CORVETTEDUDE
12-25-2007, 05:16 AM

Now Kelly...If you were my (Uh-Hummm!) sister, I would certainly have to consider it.... Hey, I just sayin'....!!!!! :shrug

yodajazz
12-25-2007, 11:13 AM
In my extended family we don't see each other that often and have different life interests. But we realize that we have common bond, and want the best for each other.

We here have a common bond, whether we like each other or not. I want the best for the people here like I want for my blood family and myself. So my wish for happiness is not just for the holidays, but always.

justatransgirl
12-25-2007, 11:35 AM

But Kelly - everyone knows "Incest is best! and "The family that plays together, stays together!"

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

We will ALL be singing "Kumbaya" around the campfire at midnight...

Jericho
12-25-2007, 05:26 PM
If we're all a family, who's taking the part of the piss stained uncle locked in the attic that nobody talks about? :?

:lol:

ottorocket
12-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Do second cousins count??hahaha

CORVETTEDUDE
12-25-2007, 07:18 PM

But Kelly - everyone knows "Incest is best! and "The family that plays together, stays together!"

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

We will ALL be singing "Kumbaya" around the campfire at midnight...

And, I am sooooo looking forward to "Corvette Fendering" you, Sister Jamie!!!! :hitit