View Full Version : Favourite Beer

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
yes, I've had a few and I'm bored :mrgreen:

Quinn
12-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Not a big beer/ale guy, but, on rare occasions, I'll drink any of these:

http://www.svetpiva.cz/images/articles/Chimay-skupina380.JPG

Just don't, whatever you do, drink this stuff and then spend a couple of hours in a Jacuzzi participating in a threesome because the ending won't be what you had in mind. :lol:

-Quinn

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
LMAO

I haven't tried Chimay, I'll have to check it out..

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-19-2007, 10:39 PM
of those listed i'll have the champagne of beer - thanks...will you pour for me night rider?

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
of those listed i'll have the champagne of beer - thanks...will you pour for me night rider?

I think that's miller....Here ya go, hope you like miller lite :wink:

Mr_Choc69
12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Any Free Beer

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
are you trying to tell me I'm fat Night Rider?

*giggles*

.....http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i104/junior88888/millerhighlife2.jpg.....

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
are you trying to tell me I'm fat Night Rider?

*giggles*

.....http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i104/junior88888/millerhighlife2.jpg.....

LOL

Not at all, I just thought a lady would prefer a light beer :mrgreen:

How sexist of me :!:

mbf
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
My favourite beer is actually Austrian:

Gösser

It`s available at a few selected places in NYC ;)

Although I have to say I dont drink much beer these days, I am getting old as it seems.

Ecstatic
12-19-2007, 10:58 PM
My two all-time favorite ales are Wadsworth 6X and Caledonia Cream Ale: any of our British members know these brews? In a pinch, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Bellhaven St. Andrews are acceptable. In general, I favor rich, dark ales, porters, and stouts, and I distain light beers (though an IPA is nice of a hot summer evening).

Among domestic US microbrews, I like several local to New England: Otter Creek, Bar Harbor, Watchusett, Seadog, and Catamount are all good.

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 11:01 PM
My favourite beer is actually Austrian:

Gösser

It`s available at a few selected places in NYC ;)

Although I have to say I dont drink much beer these days, I am getting old as it seems.

Haven't tried that either. Everytime I do a poll I have an option for 'other' but it doesn't seem to happen for me!

@mrchock I'd drink any beer too as long as it's not guiness or a rough ale :puke

jayevil
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I guess if I chose from the listed, I would pick Miller but I would prefer it to be Miller Lite. But my favorite would be Corona. It tastes good with an orange in it. (Does that sound fruity?)

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
My two all-time favorite ales are Wadsworth 6X and Caledonia Cream Ale: any of our British members know these brews? In a pinch, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Bellhaven St. Andrews are acceptable. In general, I favor rich, dark ales, porters, and stouts, and I distain light beers (though an IPA is nice of a hot summer evening).

Among domestic US microbrews, I like several local to New England: Otter Creek, Bar Harbor, Watchusett, Seadog, and Catamount are all good.

They're new to me Ecstatic, I haven't really ventured further than the commercial beers.

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
I guess if I chose from the listed, I would pick Miller but I would prefer it to be Miller Lite. But my favorite would be Corona. It tastes good with an orange in it. (Does that sound fruity?)

It does sound a bit gay but corona is the ticket....I'll have to try it sometime with orange *on my own of course* :lol:

Ecstatic
12-19-2007, 11:09 PM
My favorite "commercial" English brew is Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitter, 5.9%), which has been voted Best Strong Ale seven times.

Night Rider
12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
My favorite "commercial" English brew is Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitter, 5.9%), which has been voted Best Strong Ale seven times.

Yeah it's nice, I've tried it a few times.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Carlsberg Export, that stuff is like necter.

Rod la Rod
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
The king of European beers.

johnb
12-19-2007, 11:32 PM
St. Pauli Girl. Tastes great, and the chick on the label is hot.

MacShreach
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM
My two all-time favorite ales are Wadsworth 6X and Caledonia Cream Ale:

Those are excellent quaff but IMO are beaten by the original McEwans 80/- as served on draught in the Athletic Arms (AKA The Diggers) in Embro. Pure electric soup. I am also very fond of Greenmantle and Maclay's 80 bob.

I'm not personally a big fan of beers much over 5% o.g. because I find I end up sipping them like wine. I mean I like the occasional good sesh, but 5 pints of that stuff and you're fucking legless.

I do like the West Country beers (Waddies is Somerset.) The Wessex brewery beers for example are nice on the neck.

Not too much of a fan of Home Counties beers-- maiden's water as it is often known-- but Young's make a decent pint.

Continental beers are a whole different can of worms, I like the Belgian Kriek beers and also white beer. For lager you can't beat the original Czech Budweiser Budwar. Zingy.

s-fme
12-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm Nova Scotia born and raised and am a dedicated fan of Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale!!! Best beer in the land!

loSTdoLLbaBY
12-20-2007, 12:50 AM
ever had this....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nochi_12/thORION_BEER.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/ifassnacht/beerfest.jpg

...yummy with sushi!!!

Night Rider
12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Haven't tried Orion....the only Oriental beer I've tried is Tiger

alex97
12-20-2007, 07:09 AM
i drink heiniken in the winter and amstil in the summer

HornieHubbieinCT
12-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Fuller's ESB is among the greats, but Dogfish's 90 Minute IPA.....

http://dogfish.com/media/beverage/medium/90Min_2shot.JPG

...is the beer to end all beers. It will have you at the first sip. There's also it's little brother, the 60 Minute IPA.....

http://dogfish.com/media/beverage/medium/60_min_2shot.jpg

Hey, Ecstatic...I'd like your opinion on these, since you like Fullers. This is more of what I used to drink ESB for.

HH

Kramer
12-20-2007, 07:38 AM
1-Warsteiner
2-Spaten
3-Bass Ale
4-Dinkelaker

JANIRA
12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
CORONA WITH A SLICE OF LEMON,, MMMMMMMMMMMMM

OEMEnemyNum1
12-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Guinness

OEMEnemyNum1
12-20-2007, 09:01 AM

You like the light, I like the dark. Though a corona is good from time to time.

JANIRA
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
i never tried dark beer,, is it more bitter?

OEMEnemyNum1
12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah I would say so, plus it's heavier too. Almost like getting an extra meal.

canvor
12-20-2007, 09:45 AM
1. Schneider Weisse
2. Erdinger Weissbier
3. Paulaner Weissbier

http://euroross.blogspot.com/schneiderweisse.jpg

sorry guys, but american beer just doesn't qualify :wink:

surfoc
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I lke to drink shemale pee.

jayevil
12-20-2007, 12:02 PM

It does sound a bit gay but corona is the ticket....I'll have to try it sometime with orange *on my own of course* :lol:

Take that Corona with a shot of Bacardi Limon. No Lime, Lemon or Orange needed. Drink a Swig out of the beer then pour the shot of Bacardi Limon in. If you frequent a regular bar of yours, and order this drink enough, they will normally just charge you dollar for the shot of Limon as opposed to Full price. ( that way you get like 2 drinks for the price of one) After about 3 or 4 of those you should be NICE for the night. (if not drunk, if you are looking for drunkness try Jagermeister. Enough of that and you will forget what you did to that poor woman last night.....And hopefully she won't remember either with the ruffies you dropped in her Corona)

(advice from a former/ I ain't gonna give it up yet alcoholic/ I haven't blacked enough to feel I need rehab or to tell people at HA what I did last night.)

BTW the Corona and ruffies is a joke....I use other drugs, only if necessary. It mainly depends on the lady.

:evil: :twisted: :P 8)

irvin66
12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Good beer! :wink:

Night Rider
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
if you are looking for drunkness try Jagermeister

Yeah, it tends to fuck you up..

:D

irvin66
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh i almoste forgot this beer! :lol:

irvin66
12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
1. Schneider Weisse
2. Erdinger Weissbier
3. Paulaner Weissbier

http://euroross.blogspot.com/schneiderweisse.jpg

sorry guys, but american beer just doesn't qualify :wink:

I agree!! European beer is much better :wink:

MacShreach
12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh i almoste forgot this beer! :lol:

That Pilsner Urquell is no kidding wallop.

Marinus
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
West-Vleteren (Abdij or Abt)

Voted the best beer in the world (an absolutely smooth foam)

Saw it recently "on sale": only 7,5 Euro ($10,75) per bottle

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery

lust4ts
12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
It's a boring choice, but Kronenbourg I suppose!

JasperV
12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Here's my vote. Plus the name says it all. :lol: :lol:

DaLonelyGuyNJ
12-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Steinlager from NZ

Night Rider
12-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Here's my vote. Plus the name says it all. :lol: :lol:

classic :D

happychris
12-28-2007, 01:33 AM
at the moment, 1554 from New Belgium Brewery

Consistently throughout the years, Sam Adams.

Ecstatic
12-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Fuller's ESB is among the greats, but Dogfish's 90 Minute IPA.....
...is the beer to end all beers. It will have you at the first sip. There's also it's little brother, the 60 Minute IPA.....
Hey, Ecstatic...I'd like your opinion on these, since you like Fullers. This is more of what I used to drink ESB for.

HH
HH, I should have mentioned Dogfish, especially the 60 Minute IPA. They have some great names: Midas Touch Golden Elixer, Lawnmower, Snowblower, Arctic Cloudberry Imperial Wheat, Blood Orange Heffenweizen.... :) I've tried a few, many more to try.

When I first visited the UK in 1980, the US couldn't touch the "Real Ales" of the UK. Now they're every bit as good, maybe better (though my two all-time favorites remain Wadsworth 6X and Caledonian Cream Ale, though then again, it's been over a decade since I've had either).

Ecstatic
12-28-2007, 01:52 AM
My two all-time favorite ales are Wadsworth 6X and Caledonia Cream Ale:

Those are excellent quaff but IMO are beaten by the original McEwans 80/- as served on draught in the Athletic Arms (AKA The Diggers) in Embro. Pure electric soup. I am also very fond of Greenmantle and Maclay's 80 bob.
Oh yes, McEwans 80...great stuff. I recently picked up a very interesting assortment of traditional (as in dating back to the 9th c and beyond) Scottish ales, including a very tasty elderberry ale.

I do like the West Country beers (Waddies is Somerset.) The Wessex brewery beers for example are nice on the neck.
Actually Waddies is crafted in Devizes, Wiltshire. At 4%, it's not too strong, but very satisfying.