PDA

View Full Version : The Latest

melissacarter
12-07-2007, 01:07 PM
It's been a great year but have hit some rocky road the past month. Last week I was in a bad car crash and am lucky to be alive. My head went into the windshield. Now have 17 stitches, which are coming out today. Luckily, my face and body were untouched. Car's totaled no insurance.

I was fired yesterday from my job. I believe in the one-door-closes-another-one-opens philosophy and hoping theres a silver lining here.

Went to the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh with my bf. That is something I wanted to do for a while now. I'm gonna take the next few weeks to paint, run and find a job I like more.

melissacarter
12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
This is just before the accident. My painting in the background.

melissacarter
12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Painting on left: "Satan"

Painting on right: "Death by Suburb"

melissacarter
12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
My bf likes the boots, a gift from a former co-worker (she gained weight and can't zip them up anymore).

melissacarter
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Andy Warhol museum, Pittsburgh, PA

melissacarter
12-07-2007, 01:26 PM
In front of a Bruce Nauman piece. I couldn't resist...

tslvr
12-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Hope you weren't hurt too bad in the accident. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

nick562
12-07-2007, 08:14 PM
You r a fucking goddess!

justatransgirl
12-08-2007, 06:57 AM
You r a fucking goddess!

Yes honey I have to agree with nick - ever considered another line of work? There's jobs that pay $20 a hour, and "jobs" that pay $200 an hour...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Fox
12-08-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm sorry for what happened. It's good to see you're doing ok. Nice pics too.

Floyd R
12-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Melissa,

Sorry to hear about your accident and losing your job. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm sure you will get another job soon. Try to stay positive. As always I enjoy seeing your pics.

Floyd

CORVETTEDUDE
12-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Melissa...very glad you're OK and doing well. I wish you the best results in your persuit of a new J.O.B. Obviously, these pix are pre-crash...I don't see any Frankenstein shit goin' on.

Oh, and by the way...get some frickin' insurance on the next ride...OK!?

bezane
12-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Was totally captivated until the part about the BF, LOL. Very cute. Glad to hear you're okay. I like "death by suburbs" very clever very cool.

Stick with the mainstream job. Don't get sucked in. Good luck. Lots of work here in Vegas. Spare bedrooms too.

melissacarter
12-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Melissa...very glad you're OK and doing well. I wish you the best results in your persuit of a new J.O.B. Obviously, these pix are pre-crash...I don't see any Frankenstein shit goin' on.

Oh, and by the way...get some frickin' insurance on the next ride...OK!?

As for insurance, I DID have car insurance but didn't have collision. I have coverage for others, just not myself. It was a 1999 Nissan Sentra.

Some of the pics are pre-crash, some post-crash. The pics at the museum are after the accident. You cannot see the laceration because it is under my hair, thank God. I was a very lucky girl.

melissacarter
12-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I hope you're collecting unemployment if you were fired. Glad to hear that you weren't more seriously wounded in the crash. I would have thought that NJ had mandatory car Insurance laws.....I guess not.

BTW, Nice pics as always.

Good Luck in the job Hunt. :)

I filed the same day I was fired. And FYI NJ does have mandatory insurance, which I had. But no coverage for my own car, only others.

Thank you for your good wishes.

CORVETTEDUDE
12-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Some of the pics are pre-crash, some post-crash. The pics at the museum are after the accident. You cannot see the laceration because it is under my hair, thank God. I was a very lucky girl.

Yes, you're very lucky....Now, cut that shit out!!!! :banghead

melissacarter
12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
You r a fucking goddess!

Yes honey I have to agree with nick - ever considered another line of work? There's jobs that pay $20 a hour, and "jobs" that pay $200 an hour...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

To be honest, yes I am considering all options, including that...