PDA

View Full Version : Golden Compass...A New Precedent is Set

DJ_Asia
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Just got back from seeing this years holiday blockbuster "The Golden Compass"

I actually enjoyed this movie all the way to the end.the bears and daemons were very cool but...

WTF is up with that ending?! Were not watching a 2 part episode of "Heroes" when at the end you always get "...to be continued"

Gimme a proper ending.I understand that many movies are made to be franchises and that parts 2 and 3 are alrady in prep before part one is even released but typically you get an ending....not here.

Youve been warned.

RawNY
12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey, talk the the production team of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, which filmed most of all three movies at the same time.
As one of the great masters said, Always leave them wanting more.

daltxguy9
12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Well, it's because the writer was a rabid atheiest. He wants to collect as much as he can, before most people find out in the 3rd part, they kill God.

DJ_Asia
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Well, it's because the writer was a rabid atheiest. He wants to collect as much as he can, before most people find out in the 3rd part, they kill God.

I didnt realize he was an atheist but the movie is VERY anti establishment/church/structure

Caleigh
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
DJAsia, yes, this seems to be a new fad, the films that don't
end but leave you with a TO BE CONTINUED.... which I agree
totally sucks and they should at least end on a note where
the present episode/installment has reached some conclusion
but also has an opening for the next film.

on the other note that has come into this thread...

it's about time someone killed god he's been hanging around
since who knows when and while BELIEF in this god character
may have helped some people in the past, i have never seen
any evidence that god itself has really helped out anyone.

no doubt we might want to move this thread to the politics,
religion forum.

NewYorker
12-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Just got back from seeing this years holiday blockbuster "The Golden Compass"

I actually enjoyed this movie all the way to the end.the bears and daemons were very cool but...

WTF is up with that ending?! Were not watching a 2 part episode of "Heroes" when at the end you always get "...to be continued"

Gimme a proper ending.I understand that many movies are made to be franchises and that parts 2 and 3 are alrady in prep before part one is even released but typically you get an ending....not here.

Youve been warned.

The film doesn't include the ending of the book, which is a bit of a downer, and intentionally sets up a cliffhanger to bring in the audience for the next movie.