View Full Version : HOW F**KING GREAT WAS JOHNNY CARSON?

wombat33
12-05-2007, 04:51 AM
I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE I HAVE ENJOYED DOING A SHOW NEAR AS MUCH AS CARSON.

EFFORTLESS PERFECTION

LETTERMAN IS OK, BUT LENO, I CAN'T EVEN WATCH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqbBy_JxrK4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETUZtm-tE3k&feature=related

DJ_Asia
12-05-2007, 04:57 AM
The whole Carson show was a true classic w/ everyone playing their part well...Johnny,Ed and Doc...classic skits like Carmac.Truly one of a kind!

Letterman shouldve replaced Carson..

I think Leno is awful but you can chalk that up to his writers.When he was doing standup and wrote his own shit he was hysterical.

audioguy
12-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Carson was definitely a great talent. I was too young to appreciate him at the time. But seeing clips of his show now, it's pretty genius. M77 got it right with the King of Timing reference. The Art Fern sketches are brilliant.

"How do I get there? you ask. Get in your car, take the 10 freeway to the Slaussen Cutoff. Get out of your car, cut off your Slaussen, get back in the car....."

I laugh every time.

I've pretty much blown off late night talk shows. The earlier Conan shows were pretty insane, though....

Nowhere
12-05-2007, 05:36 AM
He was simply before my time. By the time I was able to get most of his show, it was simply dated. I don't believe Gen X and younger can relate to his brand of humor.

DJ_Asia
12-05-2007, 05:44 AM
He was simply before my time. By the time I was able to get most of his show, it was simply dated. I don't believe Gen X and younger can relate to his brand of humor.

I dont know if thats true or not regarding the younger not being able to relate to his humor.Im pretty sure Carnac would make anyone over 15 at least chuckle.

But I will admit that im too young for another comedic legend Lenny Bruce.this dude is on everyones top 5 comics of all time.I find him as funny as a fire hydrant.

Fox
12-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Who was the guy with the puppet? Was that Gene Wilder?

voy4her
12-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Dennis Millers short lived primetime talk show was good, i thought it was much better than Leno, Letterman, Cornhole O'Brien or any of the others we've had lately

CORVETTEDUDE
12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Johnny Carson was a genious as a talk show host!!! His comedic sense was unbelievable. Although Leno is pretty good...He's no Carson. Upon Leno's impending retirement, at the moment they plan to put Conan O'Brien in the spot. What a Frickin' Moron. I'm ashamed to admit he's Irish.

I salute Johnny Carson!!!!