PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL GAMERS

gunn
11-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Any of you out gamers like me.I own a NINTENDO wii.And i love the Legend of ZELDA series.Whats yours?

icarus2112
11-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Well I always did really enjoy the Zelda series on nintendo and n64 but did not get gamecube or WII so havent played the latest Zelda releases.

After picking up Halo on pc and Morrowind on pc I realized I should get the X-box, and then Oblivion was my main driving force to get the 360. Right now I am playing Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of duty 4 to bide my time until Mass Effect is on shelves next week.

gunn
11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Cool i played halo,its a damb good game.I have a buddy with an xbox360 and an other with a ps3 so we shere.Bioshock and Call of duty4 are great also.I just started playing METRIOD PRIME 3 its fantattic.I think you will like it because for the first time i see NINTENDO brrow from others.Cause it remindes me a little of HALO.Keep gameing dude.

NewYorker
11-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Any of you out gamers like me.I own a NINTENDO wii.And i love the Legend of ZELDA series.Whats yours?

On the gamecube, my favorite game is Resident evil 4, followed closely by Freedom Fighters because of its replay value.

I just got the 360 and haven't discovered a game I really love yet. Stranglehold was fun but was missing something. I have Gears of War but haven't had the chance to play it properly yet. I'm hoping Mass effect will be the game I love though.

Leverage87
11-19-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm currently awaiting Mass Effect, but I do love Halo 3, and Oblivion, I'm having a great time playing those.

Legend
11-19-2007, 03:15 AM
I own a original xbox,ps2,gamecube,i had a nintendo wii but i decided it wasn't for me so i took it back and put the money towards my ps3 fund.I'm mostly playing naruto: gekitou ninja taisen 4 for the gamecube,i use the xbox as a media center to stream stuff off joox.I decided to keep the ps2 because the 40 gig ps3 doesn't have backwards compatibility.

hwbs
11-19-2007, 03:30 AM
i loved resident evil 4..haven't finished it...

i just finished bioshock...i unlocked like 90 percent of the achievements and i don't think i will play it again on hard...i guess back to rainbow six Vegas and oblivion..

Quinn
11-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Oh yeahhhhhhhh...

http://frn.sdstate.edu/Lending_LibraryPics/Inventory%20Pictures/Candyland%202419.JPG

-Quinn

McB
11-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Just got Assassin's Creed yesterday. Beautiful game, good action though the controls do take some getting used to.

NewYorker
11-19-2007, 06:11 AM

i just finished bioshock...i unlocked like 90 percent of the achievements and i don't think i will play it again on hard...i guess back to rainbow six Vegas and oblivion..

I haven't finished RE4 either. I promised the person who bought it for me that I'd only play it with them around. We got to the last level but are both to busy to meet up and beat it.

NewYorker
11-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Oh yeahhhhhhhh...

http://frn.sdstate.edu/Lending_LibraryPics/Inventory%20Pictures/Candyland%202419.JPG

-Quinn

I used to love Candyland but the twist at the end totally ruined it for me.

BBaggins06
11-19-2007, 06:50 AM

I haven't finished RE4 either. I promised the person who bought it for me that I'd only play it with them around. We got to the last level but are both to busy to meet up and beat it.

I played RE4 on both Gamecube & the Wii and the latter was so much easier to finish. I never could get past It in the Gamecube version. It was so damn frustrating. Mahalo

Matt

NewYorker
11-19-2007, 07:25 AM

I played RE4 on both Gamecube & the Wii and the latter was so much easier to finish. I never could get past It in the Gamecube version. It was so damn frustrating. Mahalo

Matt

I actually haven't found it too difficult I just don't really have the time to get together with my friend and sit down and play it.

DeepSecret
11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
resident evil 4 owned, other then that i been playing god of war 2 on PS2. mostly i play D2 LOD on comp...a little out dated i know but i only play hardcore so keeps the edge on (for those of you who dont know, hardcore play is if you die once...you have to restart at lvl 1 all over again)

gunn
11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
THE next resident evil game is out soon.Only for wii,its called Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles.PS3 AND XBOX 360 wont see another RE game till 2009 in RE5

grollem
11-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I cant believe no one spoke of the legacy of kain games.

Blood omen (PS1/pc)
blood omen 2 (Ps2/xbox/pc)
soul reaver (PS1/dreamcast/pc)
soul reaver 2 (Ps2/xbox/pc)
defiance (Ps2/xbox/pc)

My favorite series!

For those that dont know about these games, blood omen games you play a vampire in a somewhat midievil mythical world, when your life gets low you feed on your enemies to replenish, and every chapter or so the good guys are the bad and vice versa. Keeps ya on your toes!

Soul reaver games, your a soul eating ex vampire looking for the vampire from the blood omen games to exact vengence! oh and in the first one you eat the sould of hyper evolved vampires that are anything from a giant spider to a large mass of body parts molded into one being.

Buy em, play em, put em in a locked cupboard, wait a year, and then play them again! It will change your gaming life!

oh yeah, theres also pince of persia trilogy. Time manipulation during game play make for a happy gamer.

Leverage87
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
The Legacy of Kain games absolutely rule! Kain is by far the best video game anti-hero ever!

lupinIII
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Jesus Hellacious Christ. OK Let's see, on the DS, Final Fantasy 3 and 6, plus Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

On the N64 Zelda Majora's Mask.

I borrowed a PS1 from friend with FF 7 and 8 and Metal Gear Solid.

I'm thinking about getting Metroid, Guitar Hero and Mario for the Wii, but I figure I've got enough on my plate for the moment.

troonraider
11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm trying to get a nintendo wii but it seems all the UK stock has gone to santa :(
I'll just have to stick with the 360 for now which is a great console with some amazing games,just now I'm playing Mass Effect,Assassins Creed,Call of Duty 4, Orange Box,PES2008,Bioshock,Airborne..........I could go on and on,IMHO the 360 easily has the biggest and best selection of games at the moment.

manbearpig
11-21-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm gonna treat myself to a Wii soon. Have a friend at gamestop holding one for me =D. But I've been playing alot of WoW and the Prince of Persia games. Haven't tried Assassin's Creed yet but I've heard very good things.

And the Final Fantasy's are the best games of all time. I read somewhere a while ago that they're turning 8 and 9 into movies. 8 would've made a better movie IMO.

lupinIII
11-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Ahh I loved the first 2d Prince of Persia. The Ubisoft ones were OK, the 1st one was fantastic, I wasn't a huge fan of the sequels.

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Disgaea Hour of Darkness PS2 BY NIS ( The game of games)so far I have lv 1000 plus characters...
Final Fantasy Tatics Square Soft.. Grid based strategy at its best
Shin Megami Tensei (Nocturne)WARNING!!! Relentless and not for the weak minded
Shadow of the Colossus, and ICO Something Original finally!
Final Fantasy series (all of them rock)
The original ground breaking RPG ( Phantasy Star)
I'M a huge fan of NIS games... Original and unique strategy RPG Experts..
The Zelda series all were special.

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 04:23 AM
I'm a game collector, I guess. I hardly have time to play anymore because of work and my girlfriend, but I've kept all my old games since my original nintendo (which still works perfectly, I may add). I still pick up a controller every now-and-then, and while I really love a good RPG, I just don't have any damn time for 'em anymore.

Anyway, favorite game series would probably have to be classic Mario. I know that sounds kinda sad and all, but I never really got into FPS, tactical, or sports games like most dudes do. Other than that, I have to mention Chrono Trigger because nobody else has. I have yet to play an RPG I could find myself more immersed in. I know... sad. I just can't get into those hollow "do whatever you want" RPGs like Morrowind.

If anyone wants me to post a list of my collection, I totally will. I just don't want it being an eyesore if posting it is pointless.

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 04:38 AM
I'm a game collector, I guess. I hardly have time to play anymore because of work and my girlfriend, but I've kept all my old games since my original nintendo (which still works perfectly, I may add). I still pick up a controller every now-and-then, and while I really love a good RPG, I just don't have any damn time for 'em anymore.

Anyway, favorite game series would probably have to be classic Mario. I know that sounds kinda sad and all, but I never really got into FPS, tactical, or sports games like most dudes do. Other than that, I have to mention Chrono Trigger because nobody else has. I have yet to play an RPG I could find myself more immersed in. I know... sad. I just can't get into those hollow "do whatever you want" RPGs like Morrowind.

If anyone wants me to post a list of my collection, I totally will. I just don't want it being an eyesore if posting it is pointless.
Chronno trigger damn I have that

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 04:41 AM

On Super Nintendo or Playstation? I wouldn't recommend playing the Playstation version because the load times are fucking HORRIFIC! Seriously, just the wait to enter and exit a battle makes the game not worth playing. I have both versions, but only because the playstation version has added FMV and art the original game didn't.

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 05:21 AM

On Super Nintendo or Playstation? I wouldn't recommend playing the Playstation version because the load times are fucking HORRIFIC! Seriously, just the wait to enter and exit a battle makes the game not worth playing. I have both versions, but only because the playstation version has added FMV and art the original game didn't.
SNES OF COURSE

gunn
11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I only have a wii and a DS.So im looking to get the new MARIO.ON the DS you must get PHANTOM HOUR GLASS its one of the best games i have ever played.

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 09:52 PM
SNES OF COURSE

NICE... BUT WHY ARE WE YELLING?

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I only have a wii and a DS.So im looking to get the new MARIO.ON the DS you must get PHANTOM HOUR GLASS its one of the best games i have ever played.

I really wasn't that big a fan of Wind Waker. The storyline was ok, but the monotony of the damn gameplay was horrible. I did absolutely everything I could do before collecting the triforce pieces, then I was like "Fuck this".

I don't have very high expectations for Phantom Hourglass because it looks like it takes after Wind Waker and "collection" games that send you backtracking all over a huge map really piss me off.

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
SNES OF COURSE

I'm just trying to be heard in a testosterone filled thread :)

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 10:00 PM
SNES OF COURSE

Testosterone smestosterone. If you own a SNES copy of Chrono Trigger, you more than pwn all over most of these gamers.

gunn
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I understand what you say about wind waker and phantom hour glass is a continuation of that.But the gameplay with stylus is great much better than i belived it cloud be.it works very well.

gunn
11-22-2007, 10:07 PM
SNES OF COURSE

With that avatar trust me we hear you babe.

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
SNES OF COURSE

Testosterone smestosterone. If you own a SNES copy of Chrono Trigger, you more than pwn all over most of these gamers.

I have alot of stuff most have never heard of, I just don't really care for gameplaying much anymore.... I prefer shopping now, but I know my games.

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 10:11 PM
I understand what you say about wind waker and phantom hour glass is a continuation of that.But the gameplay with stylus is great much better than i belived it cloud be.it works very well.

Sounds like "new game hype" to me. Everyone thought Halo 2 was the most awesome game ever for months after its release... then they realized it was the same shit with prettier graphics.

Well, in the case of Phantom Hourglass, it's the same shit with worse graphics. I don't really expect people to be talking about it a few months from now.

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 10:12 PM
SNES OF COURSE

I have alot of stuff most have never heard of, I just don't really care for gameplaying much anymore.... I prefer shopping now, but I know my games.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. *shrugs*

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM

Sounds like "new game hype" to me. Everyone thought Halo 2 was the most awesome game ever for months after its release... then they realized it was the same shit with prettier graphics.

Well, in the case of Phantom Hourglass, it's the same shit with worse graphics. I don't really expect people to be talking about it a few months from now.
Give me awesome gameplay, before graphics... Thats one thing that is being lost on these new generation power machines. Play Disgaea hun, if you can find it, used copies are going for 100.00

KiraHarden
11-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Heres two classics
Metroid and Kid Icarus

gunn
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
YHA GAMEPLAY RULS.If you give phantom hour glass a chancs you will see my our point.

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Give me awesome gameplay, before graphics... Thats one thing that is being lost on these new generation power machines. Play Disgaea hun, if you can find it, used copies are going for 100.00

lol... I think everyone has the wrong idea of me. I'm not into cutting edge graphics or anything. In fact, I prefer most SNES games over some of the garbage released now-a-days. I still play my NES when the mood strikes me. I know all about how gameplay should ALWAYS come before graphics.

I'm just saying that Wind Waker was kinda a shitty game in my opinion, and while I don't think Phantom Hourglass is any better, the graphics definitely aren't a selling point.

gunn
11-22-2007, 10:39 PM

lol... I think everyone has the wrong idea of me. I'm not into cutting edge graphics or anything. In fact, I prefer most SNES games over some of the garbage released now-a-days. I still play my NES when the mood strikes me. I know all about how gameplay should ALWAYS come before graphics.

I'm just saying that Wind Waker was kinda a shitty game in my opinion, and while I don't think Phantom Hourglass is any better, the graphics definitely aren't a selling point.

Yha dude i understand that.But you need to understand me ass well.the differance is the game play.THE GAMEPLAY IN PHANTOM HOUR GLASS IS PHANTASTIC.

GrimFusion
11-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Yha dude i understand that.But you need to understand me ass well.the differance is the game play.THE GAMEPLAY IN PHANTOM HOUR GLASS IS PHANTASTIC.

I like your little play on words there. Phantastic. lol.
I'm not saying I flat out refuse to play it. I mean, after all, I do own a copy of Wind Waker. I'm just saying I'm really not that excited about it. I'll read a few reviews and decide once I get a little play money together.

lupinIII
11-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Actually I'd say Phantom Hourglass is next to nothing like Wind Waker gameplay-wise.

Graphically it's cute at best, it's got quite a charming artistic style pulling it through where the DS' lack of graphical prowess might've let it down, but the gameplay is phenomenal, the fetch quests are nowhere near as pointless as the WW ones, you're very rarely required to go to an island for any other purpose than a dungeon, a new tool and an awesome boss. Unlike WW which had some rather poorly structured moments in it to pad out the time.

It's still got the same Zelda formula backing it up (go to a dungeon, find an item, use item to beat the dungeon, kill the boss with the item) but the new control scheme makes it feel newer and more fun to do. Plus the bosses are sen-freakin'-sational.

I really liked Wind Waker though, the art direction made my head spin around and explode when I first saw it and it had some really good music moment too. There was something simplistically nice and fun about playing too, I admit it was too easy but it let you really notice all the little flourishes in the environment while you were pulling off badass moves. I think I may have been the only person who liked the sailing as well.

KiraHarden
11-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Actually I'd say Phantom Hourglass is next to nothing like Wind Waker gameplay-wise.

Graphically it's cute at best, it's got quite a charming artistic style pulling it through where the DS' lack of graphical prowess might've let it down, but the gameplay is phenomenal, the fetch quests are nowhere near as pointless as the WW ones, you're very rarely required to go to an island for any other purpose than a dungeon, a new tool and an awesome boss. Unlike WW which had some rather poorly structured moments in it to pad out the time.

It's still got the same Zelda formula backing it up (go to a dungeon, find an item, use item to beat the dungeon, kill the boss with the item) but the new control scheme makes it feel newer and more fun to do. Plus the bosses are sen-freakin'-sational.

I really liked Wind Waker though, the art direction made my head spin around and explode when I first saw it and it had some really good music moment too. There was something simplistically nice and fun about playing too, I admit it was too easy but it let you really notice all the little flourishes in the environment while you were pulling off badass moves. I think I may have been the only person who liked the sailing as well.
Was windwalker the one with the cell graphics?

youcancallmeclaire
11-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I play alot of emus.
Mostly RPGs.

I also love the Silent Hill series.

OEMEnemyNum1
11-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Was into Assassin's Creed, but just beat it

lupinIII
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah Kira it was. Saturday morning cartoon style video game.

NewYorker
11-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Picked up Mass effect last week. Barely into the first level and already into it in a very unholy way.

Trogdor
11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
I like the old Mario games, Ice Climbers, Namco Museums, Pac-Man, that sorta stuff.

My only new system is my Gamecube.

I also like the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior series, which is unfortunately, very under rated in the states. :(
Can't stanf Final Fantasy.....only 1 and 4 were good from that series.

And yes, fancy graphics do not make good game per say.

jon_747
11-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Disgaea Hour of Darkness PS2 BY NIS ( The game of games)so far I have lv 1000 plus characters...

Wow....great tits and legs ...and a gamer ...we would never have to leave the house!!!

KiraHarden
11-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah Kira it was. Saturday morning cartoon style video game.
I Hated that one. Hated all that frikin sailing.

KiraHarden
11-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Wow....great tits and legs ...and a gamer ...we would never have to leave the house!!!

Yeah! I was into RPG/RPG strategy based games. I dont care for any other type games.

KiraHarden
11-27-2007, 01:49 AM
PS 2 Games I have Played and beaten... I may have missed a few
Eternal Ring
Duel Hearts
Dragon Quest VIII
Dark Cloud 2
Culdcept
Champions of Norrath
Bards Tale
Disgaea ( Hour of Darkness)
Disgaea ( Cursed Memories)