PDA

View Full Version : Robbed!!

Leverage87
11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Fuck!

Well, my dad's storage unit/warhouse that he splits with my brother got broken into the other night, and whoever it was made off with an assload of tools. First, my dads a tile setter, and I help him currently as my way of making ends meet, so the tools are his livelihood, same deal with my brother too. They took a bunch of stuff, including stuff we didn't think they would take (like my brothers wetsaw, its very hard selling those, especially seeing as its not a multi-career tool, only tile setters use them) in the end we figured they got about 3~4 grand worth of tools.

Now we found out my dads insurance is gonna cover it, but were gonna have to change storage places, they know which one is ours, they know that we have to replace the stolen stuff, and last time, they used a cutting torch to get the lock off. What a fucking mess.

Somebody told me once that thieves are the lowest form of human being there is, taking from others to make their way, at the time, I blew it off, mostly because at that time, I was a thief. Between the age of 10 and 17, I stole things almost daily (mostly from stores and gas stations) but since I was arrested, and realized how horrible that situation could be, I saw that the life of a criminal is not what I wanted. I did my probation, community service, counseling, the whole deal. Now we got robbed.

I think this is karma coming back to punch me in the throat and jizz in my eye. This really fucking sucks though.

tonkatoy
11-16-2007, 02:55 AM
I hear you. I had a hilti cut off saw (about a grand, 1200 with the diamond blade that was on it) and a small mig welder stolen out of the back of my truck. Went to a local pawn shop that was full of other contractors stolen tools, the people there of course were very defensive and unhelpful. I hate thieves. Like that thread idea theiving bastard whatislove.

CORVETTEDUDE
11-16-2007, 02:56 AM
Fact...Thieves are low-life, gutter crawlin', swamp scum.
Fact...You can bet your ass, you need a more secure storage facility. you don't need a repeat visit.
Fact...You have a 95% chance, you know who did this.

Leverage87
11-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Oh im fairly certain i know who did this, and if i ever see him i will fucking beat him senseless. I'd bet my bottom dollar its the same fucker that sold my friend a stolen radar detector, then 2 months later, broke into my friends car, stole it back, sliced up his dash for the radio, and then tries to sell it all back to another one of our friends.

On the part about relocating to a more secure spot, I keep telling my dad we outta build one of those steel sheds in the backyard to store all our shit in as its safe, and after we have it, we don't have to pay a damn rental fee. Plus we have a huge backyard with nothing in it except for dog shit from my retard mutt.

Quiet Reflections
11-16-2007, 03:02 AM
Im sorry to hear that. I've had my house broken into once and my car a few times. you must feel completely violated, I know I did, but dont worry, if karma is getting you rest assured that it will get them too.

Leverage87
11-16-2007, 03:03 AM
M77, my dad actually got this one less then a year ago because it was larger and cheaper, but had no fence or cameras or any of that shit. My dad doesn't put a lot of thought into that, as usually people won't take tile setters tools as theres not too many people that will buy them. This time we got fucked and the three of us are super pissed.

Yeah Tonka, we lost 3 or 4 makita grinders, a felker wetsaw, 2 rigid mixers, a couple of power drills, a brand fucking new (still in the god damn box!!) laser level, dewalt battery charger/radio, a couple of 100 foot extension cords, and a bunch of other shit.

So irritating.

stillies77
11-16-2007, 03:16 AM
man that sucks...id tile that dudes face shut if i found him

Leverage87
11-16-2007, 03:22 AM
that would be very interesting... I might just do that to his corpse stillies!

tonkatoy
11-16-2007, 03:37 AM
I tiled this floor. If I did a bad job, keep it to your self.

Leverage87
11-16-2007, 03:39 AM
qtr inch grout lines, porcelin tile, 12x12, 6x12 and 6x6, 3 piece 'random' pattern, I've done some of that, it looks alright to me, although i might be distracted by something... im not sure

slapballs2002
11-16-2007, 03:49 AM
Even if it turns out to be someone else, you should still beat the piss out of that one guy you suspect.

Leverage87
11-16-2007, 03:50 AM
None of my friends has seen him in 6 months, as we knew it was him who robbed my friends car, and he knows we would wreck his face with a brick.

marissaazts
11-16-2007, 04:38 AM
sorry for your loss, criminals suck ass

lust4ts
11-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Yeah that's a shame Lev, never been robbed myself, touch wood!