PDA

View Full Version : Bike sex man placed on probation

JamesHunt
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

lazyman
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
WTF was the "misunderstanding" that led to him shagging a bike?

Pretty harsh to do him for what he gets up to alone in the privacy of his own room though.

thx1138
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Did the bicycle file a complaint?

ed_jaxon
11-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Did this happen at night?

rt_saurus
11-18-2007, 12:54 PM
My immediate thought on reading this was that there really must have been more to the whole story than is written here.

I simply cannot believe that you could be charged for doing this (no matter how mad it may seem) in the privacy of your own room.

I presume he lay in wait for the cleaners and deliberately abused his bike to disgust them. Even then, his lawyer must have been pretty useless if he couldn't get him off [no pun intended].

BXCanada
11-18-2007, 01:09 PM
probation and but being put on a sex offender list for three years for haveing sex with an inanimate object is ludicrous. next thing people will be afriad to use dildos or vibrators out of fear of someone walking in on them and being listed as a sex offender.

arnie666
11-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I wonder if they had burst in on a man and woman shagging or a woman using a rabbit they would have been put on the sex offenders register? Unless they got some spunk in their eye they should have shut the door and mind their own.

I've shagged quite a few old dirty bikes myself.

tall, dark & Handsome
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I am just happy that that bike is finally safe from that mans reign of terror.

This is what a citizeins tax dollars should go toward, getting people like this off our streets (and ......er....bike paths)

MacShreach
11-18-2007, 02:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

That is one of the craziest sotires I've ever read, The man was fucking his property in the privacy of his room. The damn cleaners should have excused themsleves and left, end of story.

Even the Monty Python folks could not have dreamed up this ridiculous scenario.

From the media here it would appear that the man is perhaps a little challenged.

Several legal experts have pointed out that no crime was actually committed, but the fact that the accused pled Guilty to a "Breach of the Peace," a catch all charge, and there were sexual connotations, made it easy for the Sheriff to impose this ludicrous punishment. There seems little doubt that had the accused pled Not Guilty the case would have been thrown out. The abilities and interests of his advisors have to be questioned.

It has already been made clear by several senior officers of the court that this case does not constitute precedent.

It would seem that a clear miscarriage has taken place but it is not easy to see how this can be redressed because of the "Guilty" plea entered. However I do know several organisations are looking at this, and there have been appeals before where grossly inadequate or prejudicial counsel has been given, as was obviously the case here. However this case was brought in the Sheriff Court, which limits such recourse.

The actions of the Police and Procurator Fiscal in this case are also clearly suspicious, or at least over-zealous.

Marinus
11-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Man, that sucks: getting arrested for blowing a tire ...

thx1138
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
In a world where the ruling elite of any country comes under increasing scrutiney (competency, morality called to question) they (the ruling elite) feel insecure and lash out the only way they know how: They tell their law enforcement officers to arrest and intimidate ANYONE who does or says anything remotely to breaking a law. And of course they greatly increase the AMOUNT of laws on the books hoping to snare as many as possible in their traps. This "making an example of someone" will have a chilling effect on the rest of the disgruntled population. See Communist Russia 1940's to 1990's for comparable examples.

Trogdor
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't think he did anything wrong.

He wants to fuck a bike, let him. He wants to have a threeway with the bike and a dinette set, let him.

And go after REAL CRIMINALS for a change, mmmkay?