PDA

View Full Version : US Military Getting Fucked by the Government!!

DJ_Asia
11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Found out tonight something truly disgusting.

Since the war in Iraq wasnt declared by congress it isnt officially recognized as a true war,rather a police action.By doing this the US government is saving 2 trillion dollars in post war medical benefits to returning soldiers.

The governement is under zero obligation to provide any assistance to soldiers for injuries both physically and mentally such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Did you know that 58000 soldiers were killed in Vietnam,but since the war ended 150000 have commited suicide!!! Hows that for the US remembering our soldiers.

http://www.suicidewall.com/SWStats.html

Happy Veterans Day

blckhaze
11-13-2007, 09:39 PM

Since the war in Iraq wasnt declared by congress it isnt officially recognized as a true war,rather a police action.By doing this the US government is saving 2 trillion dollars in post war medical benefits to returning soldiers.

The governement is under zero obligation to provide any assistance to soldiers for injuries both physically and mentally such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Did you know that 58000 soldiers were killed in Vietnam,but since the war ended 150000 have commited suicide!!! Hows that for the US remembering our soldiers.

Happy Veterans Day

wow. The government, regardless of party, never cease to amaze me. glad i got talked out of singing up for the navy.

Night Rider
11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest..

..disgusting

Leverage87
11-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I was listening to my local (Well, they have been syndicated now, some may have heard of them; 'Freebeer and Hotwings') radio show and they were talking to people who were known as the 'blankety blank guy' and they got a call from a guy in Memphis who is responsible for changing medical care for veterans and succesfully sueing the government for nearly a million dollars for nearly costing him his right arm.

They really are fucked up on health care, especially for vets, our soldiers deserve the best healthcare available, no more of this second rate shit!

fondofall
11-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Happy Veterans Day

You're full of shit.

Why whould you even attempt to convince anyone of something so outrageous.

It's too serious a subject to be joking about, so what's up with you???

thx1138
11-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Murdoch's masturbators, uber patriots, military marvels, moronic freepers, Rove's ideological commandos: WHERE ARE YOU? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! BTW: yesterday the CIC had to send his vice president to Arlington National cemetary to lay the wreath on the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Oli
11-14-2007, 05:15 AM

Sorry mate, this just isn't true

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d107:HJ00114:@@@L&summ2=m&

HJR 114 gave the President broad powers to conduct not just the war in Iraq, but the war on terror. The last sentence is key.
"Declares that this section is intended to constitute
specific statutory authorization for use of the armed forces,
consistent with requirements of the War Powers Resolution."

The stooge in the White House is the driver, but Congress gave him the car to drive.

DJ_Asia
11-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Heard the first part regarding the legal status of the war in Iraq on a radio show I d/l....after reading your comments I did some research and was unable to find sufficient evidence to back it up....

the 2nd part i stand behind.

El Nino
04-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Google "Beyond Treason"

Cuchulain
04-18-2008, 07:24 AM
You know, sometimes I get so discouraged. These fucking Republican chickenhawks scream 'support our troops' at the top of their lungs, but most of them vote against improved benefits and health care for veterans every time. Senator John 'Bomb Bomb' McCain has refused to co-sponsor Sen. Jim Webb's new GI Bill which would restore some of the benefits to todays vets that were available to returning warriors from WW2.

They say these better benefits would be too expensive, yet they don't complain about shoveling our tax dollars (and future tax dollars in the form of billions borrowed from China and Saudi Arabia) into the coffers of Cheney's pals at Halliburton, KBR and Blackwater via no-bid contracts. May they all rot in hell...

chefmike
04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
You know, sometimes I get so discouraged. These fucking Republican chickenhawks scream 'support our troops' at the top of their lungs, but most of them vote against improved benefits and health care for veterans every time. Senator John 'Bomb Bomb' McCain has refused to co-sponsor Sen. Jim Webb's new GI Bill which would restore some of the benefits to todays vets that were available to returning warriors from WW2.

They say these better benefits would be too expensive, yet they don't complain about shoveling our tax dollars (and future tax dollars in the form of billions borrowed from China and Saudi Arabia) into the coffers of Cheney's pals at Halliburton, KBR and Blackwater via no-bid contracts. May they all rot in hell...
Great post. I couldn't agree more. It's a goddam disgrace.

gieric
04-20-2008, 12:10 AM
All I know is that one of the soldiers in my battalion lost a leg below the knee in a motorcycle accident after we got back from our last deployment, 04-05, but while we were still on active duty orders and she hasn't spent a dime on her healthcare. It doesn't matter what the status of the conflict is it is the status of the soldier that matters, if your active duty it doesn't matter what happens the Military pays for it. I know of several people that have been told by military doctors to they should hurt old injuries that they can't afford to fix because the military is obligated to fix any injuries sustained in country.

hippifried
04-20-2008, 12:58 AM
The stooge in the White House is the driver, but Congress gave him the car to drive.
Reminiscent of Julie Ceasar forcing the Senate to make him dictator for life & bringing an end to the Roman republic. Except that his dictatorship didn't make it through the day. Where the hell's Brutus when we really need him?