PDA

View Full Version : Does Glorya Wholesome still have parties?

DesireeBBWBlackTS
05-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Does Glorya Wholesome tstill have NYC parties?
just want to know.
Thanks

DesireeBBWBlackts

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-05-2005, 04:01 AM
let's hope not
only thing good I ever got out of a Gloria party was meeting Allanah............
I don't miss the corny ass "play with my pussy" song Glorya made up and played every week OR the Madonna impersonator doing the same routines every month OR the cockroaches the size of a baby's foot crawling up the wall...............
Last I heard she and her green lantern haired husband couldn't find a spot in Manhattan so they moved it to BK, good riddance

DesireeBBWBlackTS
05-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi there "Johnny"
Thanks for your reply.
I am not even in NYC yet, but other than Ina's and Allanah's i had only heard about Gloryas.
YECH! Sorry to hear that it was not what it was hyped up to be.

Im somewhat socially shy, and not being a natvie of New England, of course, I hear the stereotypes about NYC'ers being brash. So a somewhat smaller, slightly hospitable crowd is appealing, for a while. I see that Allanah's parties are very large, and I don't want to be overwhelmed. I have also heard that its frequented by "johns". On another hand, allanahs party pictures sho a very racially diverse crowd, and those that are TS rather than TV, and on the younger side. Thoe other party seems tobe more populate by asian girls and TV's, and I am neither.

*side note...I have heard that NYC NATIVES are among the nicest people I would want to meet, with transplants being the rudies.
(Giggles)

Desiree

hondarobot
05-05-2005, 04:14 AM
Hehe. Now I'm dying to know which Green Lantern incarnation the husband of this girl had hair like.

I'm not a Green Latern expert, but I'm just dying to Google it and get a mental picture of the guy.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-05-2005, 04:30 AM
let's both google it and see who comes up with the closest comparison............that should be fun
Desiree: Allanahs Thursday night parties are very nice, I HATE crowded places, I am ALWAYS doing the wallet check in a crowded place (lol) but on Thursday nights you really can just walk around, there is rarely any pushing or shoving you can feel very comfortable.....

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-05-2005, 04:37 AM
definately the dude in the back with the hood on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/lou_cypher/greenlantern.jpg

DesireeBBWBlackTS
05-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Actually Johnny, even though I am not in NYC, and never beem, I have seen Glorya's Husband. Yup...that picture of the green thing is a perfect comparison lol.

Im going to be re-entering college this fall, and a Thursday night party would be a great thing, since my career as a musician has me tied up on weekends. Im happy to hear that it is a lower-key on Thursdays. Now the Monthly parties...I don't think I could handle those just yet. lol

hondarobot
05-05-2005, 04:46 AM
LOL!

That's fricken funny! I gotta meet this guy now.

"Hey, uh, nice hood. . .Lantern"

GroobySteven
05-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Let's hope they don't re-open...what a horror show.
Tony Vee and I were asked to leave by the steroid brained husband when we chatted to some models about shooting, he tried to muscle us out claiming we insulted his wife - I almost shat a brick that someone would admit to being married to it.
seanchai

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-05-2005, 05:45 AM
alot of shady stuff went on over there, and I dont mean by the Tgirls............
to be honest I really wont miss EdelWeiss or the NowBar, they began charging wayyyyyyyyy too much to get in for basically nothing, you could have as much or more fun parking out front of either spots, as thats where the girls were (at least in the summer)

NYCe
05-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Nowbar? ugh.
Just thinking about that place made me vomit a little in my own mouth. Partying in someone's poorly decorated unfinished basement isn't my idea of fun.
Thursdays at Opaline is volumes better than there, but I'm biased. ;)

phungu2
05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
anyone have a location for the BK party? or a website?

always good to have some choices to check out

hillbilly
05-05-2005, 02:15 PM
personally never had any run ins with the green lantern myself. he was a curiosity no doubt. i know that many did.

the best part of nowbar was the bartender brian. mixed a good drink and would comp you as the night went on. cool mellow guy.

i liked hanging out in the basment. but hey that's me i'm pretty low brow.

as the years passed the concept of edleweiss slipped further and further into the gutter. to me that place was the coldest of all. totally true you could have more fun hanging out in front and just bullshitting.

thursdays at opaline is the best thing going. for me the monthly party is too much but hey its nice for a blowout once in a while.

it would be great to have another small venue. that's what i miss most.

ABSOLUTE SHADE
05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
IS MISS GLORIA REALLY MISS CRIS LOVE?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Cris Love
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/lou_cypher/the%20naughty/ny-somad1-cris1-6.jpg

and

Gloryugh
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/lou_cypher/the%20naughty/gloryaugh.jpg

nah, I dont think so........................if it was that is one HELLUVA Adobe Photoshop job, LMAO