View Full Version : BAD BEERS!!!

qeuqheeg222
10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
who here will indulge the details of a night of ribaldry,full of foment,beguiled by the likes of a 40 oz of natty ice or olde english 800.. i kinda like the olde school cheapies like schlitz or old milwaukee...a bargain at the gas station for 2-16oz cans for a $1.00...

odelay24
10-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Worst beer I have ever tasted: Budweiser.

I've tasted stronger waters.

I can't believe Americans drink that stuff.

qeuqheeg222
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
that shit is the worst poop!!they,the mob,get whatever cheap ass grain from some farmers in the midwest and make the shittiest,goat-piss brew..

Mugai_hentaisha
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I am a big fan of Skullsplitter ale myself

But usually I have to settle for Guinness (sp) or Woodchucks Amber cider
because in the state I live in they still consider beers like Sam Adams as imports.lol

I really dislike the pilsners for the most part, there used to be a beer out there called red dog that was a pilsner and tasted ok...are they still around?

qeuqheeg222
10-08-2007, 11:22 AM
red dog..ugh what did ever happen to that shit??what was that red beer craze all about anyway???i dont think guiness is a bad beer...how bout genessee or huber,schafer,roling rock,burgie,old stlye fans,speak your minds...

Chaotic
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Actually, the worst beer I've had was some New Zealand blend, Steinlager I think it was called. Skunkiest, most putrid shit I've ever drank! :puke Rickard's and Alexander Kieth's are my brews of choice. Rickard's Honey Brown also makes a damn fine marinade for steak!

manbearpig
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
anything bud or miller...blech

and Rolling Rock is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.

Night Rider
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Red Dog is still around in the uk (not sure bout usa) I like Carlsberg and Stella Artios (aka wifebeater) if i was buying a few cheap beers i'd go for milwaukies best bc it's made by miller and is dirt cheap. If you're an alcho' then go for the imports from eastern europe!...rocket fuel

odelay24
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Do Americans have Low Carb beer?

Pure Blonde has gotten pretty big in Australia being the only LowCarb beer on the market. I don't much like the taste though.

elo
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=21206&highlight=beer+reviews

angry
10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
WHAT DO BUD LIGHT AND HAVING SEX IN A CANOE HAVE IN COMMON?

THEY'RE BOTH FUCKING CLOSE TO WATER!

Dino Velvet
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
When I was younger and had no money, I would drink cheap stuff like Lucky Lager, Stroh's, Mickey's Big Mouth & 40s, and Crazy Horse Malt Liquor. I can't drink any of that crap anymore. I hate all of the major American beers and the last time I had one was when my buddy bought one for me at Dodger Stadium. I didn't want to seem like a snob so I drank it.

When I go to a bar or the store now, I stick with the better lagers and ales. My favorite is Newcastle but I also like Guinness, Boddington, Becks, and Grolsch.

BeardedOne
10-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I always thought that Haffenreffer had a skunky smell to it, Shlitz was pretty bad too. :)

Warm = Skunky. We usualyy drank it for the little rebus puzzles in the bottle caps. If you couldn't decipher the puzzle, you were too blasted to continue drinking.

But we did anyway. :lol:

How about Olde Frothingslosh, The Pale Stale Ale With The Foam On The Bottom?

I like the background of Miss Olde Frothingslosh 1969: "She's from a small town outside Pittsburgh. It's considerably smaller since she left."

IWantATgirl
10-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I love trashy beers! PBR Me ASAP, Old Style, Rolling Rock, Natty Boh, Hamms, Old Mill, Key Light. I guess its not bad to have a taste for the cheap stuff, its easy on the wallet.

I do have a spot in my heart for good IPA's though, Goose Island is my fave.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-09-2007, 12:18 AM
in the state I live in they still consider beers like Sam Adams as imports.lol

LOL is right, what state do you live in? Please tell us.

many crappy beers: Miller get's my vote as one of the worst.

West Virginia
I usually go to Ohio to buy my beer and wines. In WV if it isn't bud budlite budwieser, Miller and or coors then it is an import. It is getting better but not quick enough. Found a Place that actually sold some Samual Smiths the other day.....I think they were burned as witches though.LOL

BeardedOne
10-09-2007, 12:26 AM
I usually go to Ohio to buy my beer and wines. In WV if it isn't bud budlite budwieser, Miller and or coors then it is an import. It is getting better but not quick enough. Found a Place that actually sold some Samual Smiths the other day.....I think they were burned as witches though.LOL

You'd be surprised.

Back in 1982 I made my first vizzit to St. Louis and as I sidled up to the bar at the old Park Plaza (Two old hotels, connected by a concourse to create one complex), I ordered a Molson.

"Excuse me?" sez the barkeep.

"Oh, sorry, I'd like a Molson" I said, assuming he hadn't heard me the first time.

Puzzled, he asks "What's that?".

Somewhat confused, I stated what I thought should be obvious, "Uh...It's a beer. A Canadian beer."

He looked at me coldly and said "I'm afraid we don't stock that brand. Would you like a Budweiser, sir?"

It was then that I realized the serious fox pass that I had committed in the town that grew up on Anheuser Busch products.

Since then, I have learned, and ask for Rock & Roll (Only available in St. Louis). :D

tonkatoy
10-09-2007, 04:39 AM
IC light is pretty bad, as is falls city. I think Ole Frothingslosh was made by Iron City. Huedepol sp? is pretty bad as well. I like Labats Blue a lot, and lately i have been drinking Molson.

Irish car bombs are good.

antney
10-09-2007, 05:34 AM
there are plenty of horrible beers out there, but there are also cheap beers that get the job done. two of my favorites are natty ice, beast ice, and for a third ill throw in steel reserve which is just nasty. another good topic would be cheap whiskey or other liquors that taste horrible. As a college student im all about budget drinking :twisted:

TJT
10-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Iron City followed closely by Black Label.

Mugai,where do you live at in WV? A friend owns the Liquor Mart in Charleston off the Patrick Street Bridge. They've usually got a decent selection of beers. I stop by their when I'm in town.

What kills WV when it comes to good beer is that damned 6% ABW cap on beers. A lot of craft breweries won't do business in such a small state when their full line of beers can't be sold.

Dino Velvet
10-09-2007, 05:56 AM
For the LA members here, you can get some inexpensive but really good beer at Trader Joe's. A British buddy of mine got me into drinking Fat Weasel Ale. It's good and has a strong flavor. At 7.1% alcohol, two six packs of that definitely gets me more buzzed than two six packs of Guinness or Newcastle. Make sure to get the Dark Ale. Try it and if you have any more Ale suggestions from Trader Joe's, mention them.

http://worldbeer.info/images/Beer230.jpg

Rod la Rod
10-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Worst beer I ever tasted. Hawaiian beer. It sounds like it might be good but it is fucking awful. I believe it is no longer being made. Absolute piss.

qeuqheeg222
10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
god who has not had their livers ravaged and savaged by the likes of blatz,haffenraffer,falstaff,okkeefes extra skunk(6 or 7%alc tho),colt 45..who remembers that cool colt,menthol beer they tried to market in double deuce bottles.....now if i could get my hands on some hamms....

BeardedOne
10-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Well the Haffenreffers i was talking about were both cold and skunky. The only reason we drank them (Teen years) was because they were a good Buzz for the money.

Yah, that was pretty much why we got into them. I think I still have a bagful of the bottlecaps somewhere. At some point we began to call them "The Green Death" and as I later got involved in SF literary circles (1980 and beyond) this took on new meaning from Vonnegut's Slapstick, wherein it was discovered that the mysterious Green Death was "...caused by inhaling or ingesting microscopic Chinese communists...". It wasn't long before we were partying down with "Microscopic Chinese Communists". :)

Those Beer cans you posted have some rust on them, have you been saving them yourself?

Nah, I collect enough junque as it is. I found those images via Google at an official Olde Frothingslosh site that gives a history of the brewer and the beer. I'm going back to read up on it as it appears the fellow was into trains and stuff, as I am. :D

I like Labats Blue a lot, and lately i have been drinking Molson.

North or south? The only thing truly imported about these beers is the recipe and I seem to recall that one or the other (Perhaps both) are licensed and produced out of upstate NY (Possibly by Gennesee). Whenever I make a trip into Canadia I make a point of bringing back a case of Labats or Molson from the source. :D I believe the US alcohol content in beer is 2% while the Canadian is 5% - Or izzit 5/10%? - (Though with current exchange rates, this may be on par :wink: ).

Worst beer I ever tasted. Hawaiian beer. It sounds like it might be good but it is fucking awful. I believe it is no longer being made. Absolute piss.

The Royal Family probably put a stop to it (Yes, they're still around).

qeuqheeg222
10-10-2007, 07:37 AM
i think yer right about those american labatts and molsons...they taste weat ande watery down here,and in canada labats used to make a extra stock that was 10%alky.....blue blindness......but what about the cool colt 45????????????

qeuqheeg222
10-10-2007, 09:17 AM
bbbburp.....

ballzNnutz
10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
i think some of you are suggesting beers like miller and budweiser simply becasue they are big companys. there are for worse beers in the world. the absolute worse i have ever tasted is spaten.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/2559.jpg

BigKahuna
10-13-2007, 04:48 PM
The Royal Family probably put a stop to it (Yes, they're still around).[/quote]

Well, who the real royal family is depends on which royal family you ask. But officially, Primo has been out of production since 1998, but I don't remember seeing it for a long, long time before that.

hondarobot
10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey! A thread about beer. I missed this one.

Worst beer I have ever had: Old English 800, although I suppose that's a "malt liquor". Worst regular type beer: Hamm's (probably also the worst name for a beer, as well). Both beers I drank on one occasion, and now avoid like Tequila.

Best beer of all time: Red Hook Double Black Stout. I don't think it's produced anymore, at least I haven't seen it around lately. I like Guinness, but I hear it's worse the farther you are from Dublin.

That reminds me of the time I almost booked passage on a freighter ship to Ireland. True story, but it's not really relevant to this thread.

Nothing wrong with a good beer.

qeuqheeg222
10-14-2007, 07:27 AM
i love me some guiness..the presidente supermercado near my house sells it every other week for $5 a six pack..that steel reserve shit might be formaldihyde(sp?) with beer added..good god that shit is terrible...i always try some new cheap shit that i might come across at a gas station or cornder store...how bout yes-i the cheap rasta beer?

Somedude21
10-14-2007, 07:30 AM
...how come no one has mentioned Ice House? That's a nasty beer if there ever was one. Gets you nice and fucked up, though.

I also don't like Guiness or, really, any kind of dark beer. My favorite are ales and pilsners. Of those, I prefer Goose Island Honker's Ale and Corona.

qeuqheeg222
10-14-2007, 07:36 AM
hey what ya think of that zimwe piwo or whatever they call old style?

Somedude21
10-14-2007, 07:38 AM
hey what ya think of that zimwe piwo or whatever they call old style?

Old Style? Yuck. That's all I got to say.

What the hell is zimwe piwo? O_o

qeuqheeg222
10-14-2007, 07:42 AM
you those old tavern signs outside of the cornder bars that advertise for a brand along with the bars name..in chicago they had a bunch of bars for polish guys with this on the sign..cold beer?

qeuqheeg222
10-14-2007, 08:02 AM
ugh..the worst ever i think

TJT
10-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Piwo/Pivo is the word for beer in a lot of Slavic languages.

I remember Big Jug beer. Even mouthwash drinkin' street alkies would refuse to drink it.

Chuck
10-14-2007, 10:19 PM
In many bars in Philly Pabst Blue Ribbon is being packaged with a shot of Jim Beam for $2.00. They call it a SPECIAL. No better drink for your dollar than that.

Sitting at home, a 24 once can of 211 Steel Reserve will get you as drunk as any 12 pack of beer.

qeuqheeg222
10-15-2007, 11:52 AM
that pbr special sounds pretty good..pbr if in a can,ice cold is decent....how bout this shit

Night Rider
10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
stay way from this dutch beer..bavaria 8.6..really potent but its like drinking wine mixed with tar!

http://gk007a0336.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bavari2.jpg