PDA

View Full Version : Transgender police officer retires

Vala_TS
08-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Interesting. I never thought that there were transexual police officers, I figured either they'd be kicked out or be a target for criminals to think they can pull one over on them.

Vala,

Falrune
08-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Here's more...(long story, but good reading). I'm not sure how to link, since I'm new here!

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=11764

ezed
08-09-2007, 05:48 AM
good to see ya MYSTIQUE
:wink:

Ecstatic
08-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Very interesting, Mystique. I've heard of her, but didn't know she had retired.

qeuqheeg222
08-09-2007, 07:01 AM
in new orleans before the storm we had a city tow truck driver who was ts..she was kinda cute in her city polyester unifrom...but not when she was towing yer car away down rampart street...

justatransgirl
08-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Isn't it interesting that she was transferred just about the time she came out. Like maybe they had an idea something was up?

A TG friend of mine who's a college teacher is coming back from the summer holiday as herself! I saw her last week and she said the college was being really supportive.

Small steps.

And my friends remember, WE are essentially just the second wave of pioneers in this evolution of mankind, and of the Transgender Civil Rights Movement.

As I've said before, it was only 8 years ago that the first Trans Unity convention was held. And last March was only the Second Transgender Leadership Conference at USC.

Weve come a long way, but there is a long, long way to go toward acceptance, and equal rights.

While those who brought transgendered issues out of the closet are reaching their twilight years, and many of us here may not live to see true equality, we each need to try to support one another and make improvements for those who will follow.

Hugs,
TS Jamie

lincspoacher
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
There was until recently a M2F TG Police Sergeant serving with North Yorkshire Police here in UK .. she too retired recently .. I think she was also the first in the UK .. seem to recall her name was Nicola Lamb ???

Bye for now,

Poacher.