PDA

View Full Version : Sad week for cinema

Tomfurbs
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
This week has seen the deaths of Ingmar Bergman, Laslo Kovacs and Michelangelo Antonioni... if you don't know who they are then google 'em.

Yes they were old but it still is a shame when you see true artists gone forever. Shades of that year (2005 or 2006) when Arthur Miller, Saul Bellow and Hunter S Thompson died.

There aren't many people filling their shoes...

RawNY
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Amen. Almost every film maker in the last few decasdes has been affected by their work. Stories are universal and the direction , cinemaphotograpy were instrumental in moving movies forward as an art form.

Coroner
08-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Ingmar Bergman is one the greatest film makers ever.

P.S.: Another great actor died this week, too. Itīs Michel Serrault :cry:

mbf
08-03-2007, 12:03 AM
as sad as it is, we can and will always remember those artists via their work.

crayons
08-03-2007, 01:14 AM

I like how you make a dramatic "dedicated to Igmar Bergman" thread here. Have you seen the films people on this forum list as their favorites? Bergman is in a different class sir.

south ov da border
08-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Wow, I just met Laslo Kovacs not too long ago @ the Hammer museum. Watched some of his stuff that night..

Tomfurbs
08-03-2007, 02:02 AM

I like how you make a dramatic "dedicated to Igmar Bergman" thread here. Have you seen the films people on this forum list as their favorites? Bergman is in a different class sir.

D'yer Mak'er
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
The Virgin Spring and The Seventh Seal are such classics, most definitely recommended to anyone wanting to see good cinema.

2vert
08-03-2007, 06:33 PM

film cunt!

i do mean that endearingly :)