PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin or The Allman Brothers Band??

jamesb121
07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Whos the daddy? The mighty Led zeppelin, or the brilliant Allman Brothers Band?

Who wins? You decide!

Tomfurbs
07-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Led Zeppelin were a boy band

gummi baer
07-09-2007, 02:19 AM
All man brothers have a band?? :shock:

ILuvGurls
07-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Whos the daddy? The mighty Led zeppelin, or the brilliant Allman Brothers Band?

Who wins? You decide!

2 different styles of music.....i like both so i'll abstain :wink:

Coroner
07-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Well Duane Allman was one bad ass guitar sicko. I´m not really into his/their stuff but this guys´ work has to be respected by every guitar player. Led Zeppelin just got more attention and Stairway to Heaven is one of the most famous Zeppelin songs ever but most of the other Zeppelin songs are better than Stairway to Heaven....... anyways, you got great musicians on both sides. Led Zeppelin might be "better" for having a great guitar player and a better drummer but it´s a matter of taste and you can´t compare these bands, they´re too different.

CORVETTEDUDE
07-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Love the Allman Brothers, however, Led Zep IS THE GREATEST ROCK 'N' ROLL BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock2 :rock2 :rock2 :rock2 :rock2 :rock2

odelay24
07-09-2007, 08:23 AM
These two aren't comparable.
But unless you're talking the Beatles, Dylan or the Stones, not much is going to beat Zeppelin. They were a force to be reckoned with. It's too bad about those last couple of albums, lol.

loki
07-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Zeppelins music is on such a higher level it's not even funny. :rock2

D'yer Mak'er
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Obviously, I love the Zeppelin.
I do enjoy quite a bit of the Allman Brothers Band too.
But Zeppelin were gods.

praetor
07-09-2007, 01:29 PM
LED ZEPPELIN, OF COURSE

TJT
07-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Hmmmm...... I might be the only person on this board to have seen both the Allmans and LZ live in the early 70's.

The Allman Brothers hands down,before and after Duane hit that peach truck,not even close. The band fell apart after Gregg started dating Cher and ratted out Dickie Betts to save his own ass on a drug charge in '75/'76.

Led Zeppelin was a redux of the Yardbirds. Hell,they were going to be called the "New Yardbirds" when they were slapped together? A prime example of "studio band". Sloppy as all hell live.

Tomfurbs
07-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Exactamundo. Led Zeppelin were your prototype boy band, manufactured to please the teeny boppers.

TJT
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't call 'em a boy band. Unless you were talking about their fanbase?

As their fans were mostly skinny teenage males who worshiped Jimmy Page,"boy band" could be correct in that context.

King Crimson was the best English hard rock band of that era.

ILuvGurls
07-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Hmmmm...... I might be the only person on this board to have seen both the Allmans and LZ live in the early 70's.

The Allman Brothers hands down,before and after Duane hit that peach truck,not even close. The band fell apart after Gregg started dating Cher and ratted out Dickie Betts to save his own ass on a drug charge in '75/'76.

Led Zeppelin was a redux of the Yardbirds. Hell,they were going to be called the "New Yardbirds" when they were slapped together? A prime example of "studio band". Sloppy as all hell live.

not hardly....the allmans were a main stay in the south, heck i saw them many times for free, of course that was before their songs really hit it. the band did take a downturn after duane was killed but they survived and put out some decent music.

not sure i understand the yardbird stuff, other than jimmy page who else played in the 'birds that was in zepplin? no one that i can think of, and you must have caught them on a bad night cause both time i saw them, they were excellent.

ILuvGurls
07-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Ten Years After & Jethro Tull fan here..................

TJT
07-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Same here. I saw the Allmans so many times the shows sort of run together. (Of course cheap weed and psychedelics might have something to do with that?) I think the most I ever paid to see them was 4 bucks?

Marshall Tucker were the top band in the South by '75 IMO,but I'm sure Skynyrd fans will take offense at that comment?

I saw LZ twice myself. I'll stick with sloppy.

Bad Company was the worst "supergroup" of that era I saw live. Man they stunk place up. Joe Cocker opened for 'em,was staggering,puking drunk,and still put on a better show.

emilyts
07-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Led Zeppelin all the way no doubt. of course but wolfmother has them running for the border :)

chefmike
07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Apples and oranges, not that I consider either of the aforementioned bands to be as noteworthy as the Stones, Beatles, or Hendrix, to name a few. But Zep II does remain one of my favorite albums to this day, their best work ever, IMO.

And the best work that Duane Allman ever did was with Clapton on the incredible Derek and the Dominoes(Layla) album, without a fucking doubt.

The Truth
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Zeppelin. they've had a bigger influence on music and musicians.

El Nino
07-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Led Zep, hands down. Perhaps the greatest "Rock" band of all time. Anybody ever heard of the group Cryptozoic? I saw them in a 4th of July parade the other day, they were straight jammin. I think the site is www.cryptozoic.net

trannilover
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
the almond brothers???? who the fuck listens to them?
they shouldn't be spoken in the same breath as led zeppelin...this is like the stupidest poll ever!

ILuvGurls
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
they shouldn't be spoken in the same breath as led zeppelin...this is like the stupidest poll ever!

....the allman bros(by the way that's the way it's spelled) sold there fair share of albums and influenced many southern rock bands.

trannilover
07-09-2007, 05:39 PM
but southern rock kinda sucks, so there ya go!

basically i didnt even have to vote to know that led zeppelin would be kicking thier ass!
i'm suprised that it even 80/20...i would think it would be 100 percent.
i mean make it led zeppelin versus the rolling stones or something,...not the almond bros.
STUPIDEST POLL EVER!
WHAT'S THE NEXT ONE GONNA BE? 38 SPECIAL VERSUS THE BEATLES?
i spelled it wrong on purpose.....

chefmike
07-09-2007, 05:47 PM

....the allman bros(by the way that's the way it's spelled) sold there fair share of albums and influenced many southern rock bands.

They were the definitive "southern rock" band... skynrd, molly hatchet, blackfoot, outlaws, etc. were all heavily influenced(and very derivitive of) the Allman Bros...but in my opinion the Atlanta Rhythm Section and the Marshall Tucker band were the most talented of the many southern bands that followed the Allman Bros.

ILuvGurls
07-09-2007, 07:00 PM
but southern rock kinda sucks, so there ya go!

in whose eyes?? you must be young to not like that music or was it the head banging that warped your ear drums.

but in my opinion the Atlanta Rhythm Section and the Marshall Tucker band were the most talented of the many southern bands that followed the Allman Bros.

i agree chefmike, marshal tucker was another local band...spartanburg,s.c......some damn good music.

Cuchulain
07-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Two very different bands, not a fair comparison imo. I loved them both growing up and I still listen to them from time to time, although I have to admit I probably play Allman Bros. cds more often.

I was in college during the southern rock explosion and fondly remember lazy sunny afternoons on the terrace, passing the bong around, listening to Pink Floyd's "Animals" followed by Marshall Tucker Band's "Carolina Dreams" album.

jamesb121
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
The reason i made up the poll:

I was going through my albums (albums, NOT CD's) and it just so happened that Led Zep II and Live At The Fillmore East were next to each other and thought, 'hmmm, 2 of my favorite albums of all time, wonder what everyone else thinks'

That was all

As you were!

chefmike
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM
The reason i made up the poll:

I was going through my albums (albums, NOT CD's) and it just so happened that Led Zep II and Live At The Fillmore East were next to each other and thought, 'hmmm, 2 of my favorite albums of all time, wonder what everyone else thinks'

That was all

As you were!

I agree with you on that, as the Allman Bros Fillmore East and Zep II are also my favorite albums of the two bands...but I gotta say(again) that Duane Allman's best guitar work was on the blues standards that he did with Clapton...if only they would have included 'Whipping Post'...

But speaking of great bands, both groups pale in comparison to 'The Band'...and if you've never seen 'The Last Waltz', you should remain silent until you do...

Tomfurbs
07-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Too right, The Band were just pure brilliance. Rick Manuel's cover of 'Giorgia on My Mind' is one of the greatest things ever recorded, along with the live stuff they did with Dylan during the 60's. Led Zep and the Allman Bros could only dream of being as funky as The Band.

jamesb121
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Hmmmm, thanks for making me bring out The Last Waltz, not listened to it for ages. It is good, but the really great albums for me always sit next to my record player. These are:

The Beatles- White album
The Beatles- Sgt Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band
Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon
Elton John- Elton John
Elton John- Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
Cream- Wheels on Fire
Cream- Disraili Gears
Cream- Goodbye
Led Zeppelin- II
Led Zeppelin- IV
Rory Gallagher- Calling Card
Stevie Wonder- Innervisions
Frank Sinatra- Songs for Swinging Lovers
Matt Monro- Matt's Kind of Music

Now, your probably thinking WTF! But every time i play Matt Monro it makes me happy!

tsafficianado
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
it IS kind of a weird comparo.
zeppelin a boy band.......now THAT'S funny. one of the biggest influences on the last thirty years of rock music and one of the ten best and most innovative ax players in all of rock.
it REALLY pains me to (almost) agree with chefmike but ABB and ARS are the source when it comes to SR, though their approaches are pretty different. duane is the god of slide, unbelievable, and of all the artists lost in the early years probably the one who would have created the most amazing work. the dominoes was NOT his best work but was VERY good and D&D is imo the single best rock disc.
good to see the band mentioned, a little underrated i think and what an AMAZING group of voices. last waltz is killer. what's the point in calling one or the other the best? zep, who, band, stones, jimi, beatles, cream, abb, and a lot more that ALL carved out the rock.

now, when are those deadheads going to show up and hijack this thread?

jamesb121
07-10-2007, 12:50 AM
I forgot 2 albums

Elvis Costello- This Years Model
The Clash- London Calling

As you were!

dc_guy_75
07-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Only southern hicks would like The Allman Brother's Band more than Zep.

jamesb121
07-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Southern Hicks? :roll:

I like it because of the musicianship. Whats the deal with the, still evident, North/South divide in the US?

End of the day, i dont care if you sleep with your sister, the quality of the music is all that matters.

Go and listen to Live At the Fillmore East and tell me it is not one of the best, if not THE best live album of all time.

Greetings From London

JB

Tomfurbs
07-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Man, the Zep were almost as boring as Black Sabbath. They stole all their moves from The Who. Here comes Page with another boring solo...yawn yawn yawn. John Bonham saved their arses many a time.

The Velvet Underground pissed on all these crappy hair bands, while Dylan laughed up his sleeve.

A winey voice and an overcompensating lead guitar do not a band make.

tg4me
07-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Big difference between live and studio. They both have their place. Beatles were a studio band. Hard to fault them. I think the Allman brothers were a southern blues band more than a rock band. I'd be proud to say I wrote Jessica. They are the better live band.
It still comes down to songwriting. Decades later, you could pick out a dozen songs from either and listen a hundred times over. Not going to vote. You could pick out 80 beatle songs that are great. They only lasted a little over a decade. That's why they are number 1. Songwriting.

D'yer Mak'er
07-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Only southern hicks would like The Allman Brother's Band more than Zep.

Hell, I'm southern, and it's easy for me to see that Zeppelin was a far superior band.
Midnight Rider is actually one of my favorite songs ever, but I'll take any Zeppelin over it.
Zeppelin were hit or miss live. They could be absolutely spot on, tight, and outstanding. Other times they were sloppy, loose, and fucked up. Jimmy Page lived on pretty much just heroin and jack daniels for a while, obviously that's going to have some effect on his performance, plus the fact that he had very frail hands to begin with.
If you wish to see some of the best live performances in recorded history, get their two disc self titled dvd set. NOT The Song Remains The Same. TSRTS is the sloppy Zeppelin, the self titled dvd is the uber-tight and fantastic Zeppelin.

qeuqheeg222
07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
zep dudes..allmans bros live at fillmore east is great but the whole zep catalogue has some real gems...and i love the live and sloppy drunk on j.d. zep..especially jimmy page with the ol marshalls all cranked up...pure tone for days dudes

samiam
07-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Grateful Dead blows them both out of the water

chefmike
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I would vote Led Zeppelin over Allman Bros too, no disrespect to Allman Bros though because they were a great band and i agree they really are apples and oranges.
My two favorite albums of all time are probably,

1) Led Zeppelin II
2) Captain Beefheart, "Safe As Milk"

the production on those albums were brilliant, pure genius

That reminds me of a strange(which could have been the blotter acid) concert in Seattle that I saw at the Paramount(?) long ago. Captain Beefheart opened, followed by Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen, with New Riders of the Purple Sage as the headliners...I don't think I've ever seen so much cannabis smoke in the air...them was the days...

D'yer Mak'er
07-13-2007, 02:48 PM
talking about Jimmy Page and tone, he used a small "Supro" 1x12" combo amp from the 50's on the first few records and thats how he got his guitar sound in the studio, it was all about his brilliant mic'ing techniques he learned from years of session work and also with Yardbirds. Live though he used 100watt Plexi Marshalls that were modded to be 200watts. Now, i don't know how he got away with using even a 100watt Marshalls live since they don't even start breaking up till past 5 on the volume dial and thats loud enough to bum out any sound guy but then again, when you have someone like John Bonham on the drums maybe you would need a 200watt Marshall to keep your guitar up with the drums. I read that he tried to use a wall of Vox AC30's in rehearsals one time and had to ditch them for Marshalls because he couldn't get them to keep up with the drums, now thats a hard hitting drummer!

Bonham once wanted to use double bass drums, and the band wouldn't let them because he drowned everyone else out of the mix completely.
I'm pretty sure that any sound man giving shit to Page, was promptly fired.

tsafficianado
07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
i was wondering how long it would take the deadheads to show up and soil the thread. gotta put down paper for those guys.

D'yer Mak'er
07-14-2007, 11:06 AM
D'yer, i remember reading something about that also, i think i read something that he (Bonham) ordered an extra kick drum, and set it up with his kit, and when Bonham would get up to either go to the bathroom, or get a drink, the rest of the band would quickly put thier instruments down and take his kick drum and hide it on him before he got back to his kit. They reasoned also that Bonham could do more with his 1 kick drum than any drummer could do with 2. Just listen to the kick drum on "Good Times, Bad Times" on the first album! And keep in mind that it was 1968, and with only 1 kick drum.

Haha, yeah.
He used to piss other drummers off, when they'd go around hanging out with other bands, because he always wanted to play their drumsets. Nobody wanted him to, because he played so hard that he would usually break something.
I remember reading somewhere, that Bill Ward from Black Sabbath was unsuspecting, and let Bonham play his set, and he ended up breaking the snare or something.
If you haven't read Hammer Of The Gods by Stephen Davis, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in Zeppelin.

voy4her
07-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Well Duane Allman was one bad ass guitar sicko. I´m not really into his/their stuff but this guys´ work has to be respected by every guitar player. Led Zeppelin just got more attention and Stairway to Heaven is one of the most famous Zeppelin songs ever but most of the other Zeppelin songs are better than Stairway to Heaven....... anyways, you got great musicians on both sides. Led Zeppelin might be "better" for having a great guitar player and a better drummer but it´s a matter of taste and you can´t compare these bands, they´re too different.

its all about Jon Paul Jones. sonic glue, constantly glossed over or underrated.

voy4her
07-14-2007, 12:22 PM
i was wondering how long it would take the deadheads to show up and soil the thread. gotta put down paper for those guys.

actually 73-75 the dead were superb. slightly jazzier, incredibly intense jams, only one drummer so they swung more. Excellent stuff. The dead eras just have different vintages, unfortunately most listeners either fall into the rabid love dept or rabid hate.

i have a large respect for improvisational musicians who aren't afraid to make a mistake in front of thousands of people.

I voted for Zepp in this thread because i think the overall influence of their work was greater than the Allmans, but i greatly enjoy and appreciate both, as i do the Dead and Floyd..

The unique thing about the Dead is that they were a tree of many fruits, and you never knew just what you were going to get.it kinda added an extra level.
Comparing music like this is like comparing beautiful girls...to each their own....or a little bit of everyones....

D'yer Mak'er
07-14-2007, 12:25 PM

its all about Jon Paul Jones. sonic glue, constantly glossed over or underrated.

The only member that has really stood the test of time.
He was at Bonnaroo last month, and played some Zeppelin tunes with Gov't Mule and in the superjam with Ben Harper.

I don't know if anyone else heard, but Zeppelin have recently stated that they would reunite for a memorial in honor of Ahmet Ertegun, the Atlantic Records founder that died last year.
They also said that if it went well, and if they think they can handle it, they wouldn't mind a short tour.

D'yer Mak'er
07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
wow i hope that if they do that they will put on a better show that their Live Aid 1985 performance, lol

Oh god, Page's tone was horrendous. Then again, he had just gotten out of the plane, and was given his guitar already out of tune.
And Phil Collins?
What a spectacular downgrade.

bklynboy
07-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Foks:

If you want to really take the poll, I suggest going to www.wolfgangsvault.com - its Bill Graham's site and he has over 400 live concerts there. He's got everything from the original Fleetwoods Mac doing Black Magic WOman (Santana's version is a cover of the song) and I know they have the Allman Brothers (I think from the Fillmore East). He's also got the Stones. the Who, early Chicago, etc. The Who are by far the best. If you doubt it, listen to their cover of Under My Thumb and tell me if that isn't one of the better covers you have ever heard.

qeuqheeg222
07-15-2007, 08:52 AM
thanks for the heads up on the page amp situation deeds.....i always thought he did the whole lil fender or some ol gibson in the studio and used the 50 watt marshalls live..but if he needed to crank then 200watts would be the way to go...jesus those must have been so fuckin loud...the 50"s will blow you ass away!!

07-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Led Zepplin did drugs.

They did drugs. Drugs make you stupid and liberal.

Zepplin did drugs.

Allman brothers, because they are brothers and they are all men.

Suckerpunch
07-15-2007, 12:50 PM
8) is this a serious question? Zep all the way

chefmike
07-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Foks:

If you want to really take the poll, I suggest going to www.wolfgangsvault.com - its Bill Graham's site and he has over 400 live concerts there. He's got everything from the original Fleetwoods Mac doing Black Magic WOman (Santana's version is a cover of the song) and I know they have the Allman Brothers (I think from the Fillmore East). He's also got the Stones. the Who, early Chicago, etc. The Who are by far the best. If you doubt it, listen to their cover of Under My Thumb and tell me if that isn't one of the better covers you have ever heard.

Thanks for the tip...I'd like to check out that Who stuff...I owned 'Live at the Fillmore'(East and West versions) on vinyl but I foolishly traded them some time ago...

chefmike
07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Led Zepplin did drugs.

Zepplin did drugs.

Yes, TFool is really that stupid, people...and apparently he's on furlough from jesus camp again...ignorant fool that he is.

CORVETTEDUDE
07-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Led Zepplin did drugs.

Zepplin did drugs.

What a Frickin' Moron!!! :screwy

Coroner
07-15-2007, 07:28 PM
TFan discovered some new sexual positions: to be fucked in the brain.

D'yer Mak'er
07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Led Zepplin did drugs.

Zepplin did drugs.

Not the entire Allman Brothers Band were brothers, in case you didn't know.
Zeppelin were a group of men as well.
It seems as if you have been on the drugs yourself, perhaps your tongue got a little too friendly with a few cane toads?

JelenaCD
07-15-2007, 11:45 PM
of course Led Zep is better , they are groundbreaking, better question , is any band better then Led Zep ? and the answer maybe nobody is better , Don't say the 'The Beatles', they are the most overrated band of all time,

CORVETTEDUDE
07-15-2007, 11:50 PM
of course Led Zep is better , they are groundbreaking, better question , is any band better then Led Zep ? and the answer maybe nobody is better , Don't say the 'The Beatles', they are the most overrated band of all time,

You have a point, there. Would anyone, in the back of the room, like to make a comment?

Tomfurbs
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Erm, I don't know about the people in the back room, but people with some resemblance of musical taste might have a few words to say about that hilarious statement.

D'yer Mak'er
07-16-2007, 12:09 AM
better question , is any band better then Led Zep ?

Easily answered: no.
Sorry, The Beatles had maybe ten songs at most that weren't completely irritating. Completely agreed about them being overrated.

Marinus
07-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Led Zeppelin is a great band (no doubt about that), but The Allmans were more original than the Zep. There's a cd called "Early blues roots of Led Zeppelin" which shows that Led Zep stole a whole bunch of their sound from other bands ...

D'yer Mak'er
07-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Led Zeppelin just took a lot of old blues songs and re-worked them.
The lyrics remained the same, but the music was completely different in most cases.
They did what a lot of old blues and folk and early rock artists did, only without giving proper credit.

Quinn
07-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Personally, I like them both quite a bit, with the suitability of each depending upon my mood.

-Quinn

JelenaCD
07-18-2007, 05:44 AM
The only band that i consider in Led Zep league is Pink Floyd , both bands are outstanding ! Led Zep VS Pink Floyd, now that's a great matchup !

TJT
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Led Zeppelin just took a lot of old blues songs and re-worked them.
The lyrics remained the same, but the music was completely different in most cases.
They did what a lot of old blues and folk and early rock artists did, only without giving proper credit.

Ding,ding,ding!!!! So did the Rolling Stones and Yardbirds.

Better than Led Zepplin? Do you want contemporaries. I'll even leave out the Beatles.

Hear ya go, remember these were my Teenage/early adult years,I saw and/or listened to all these bands in their primes.

Early on... The Who,The Kinks,The Pretty Things, The Jimi Hendrix Experience,King Crimson,Derek and The Dominoes,Traffic,Blue Oyster Cult,Yes,The MC5,Santana,Mahavishnu Orchestra,Ten Years After,Eric Burdon and War, The Rolling Stones,Robin Trower,The Allman Brothers,Booker T. and the MG's,The Mothers of Invention,Stevie Wonder,Lynyrd Skynyrd etc,etc....

Later......The Ramones,The Clash,Aerosmith,ZZ Top,The Dead Boys,(Stiv Bators ran Robert Plant out of gig yelling "Dinosaur,Dinosaur"),The Jam,the Outlaws,Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band,(sheesh I'm getting tired of typing!),The New York Dolls,Elvis Costello and the Attractions,The Patti Smith Group,Montrose,Parliment/Funkadelic.....

I've got more if you want 'em.

Zepplin was an overrated boogie/blues band. Period. They released a good debut album then coasted through ten years of dreck.

chefmike
07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TJT, I caught Elvis Costello in San Diego on his first US tour. Mink Deville and Nick Lowe with Rockpile were also on the bill. What a fucking show!

TJT
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I saw the same tour.

BTW,Willy DeVille and I have an ex-girlfriend in common.

chefmike
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Cool. We probably caught a lot of the same tours, as I've seen a lot of those bands that you mentioned. I notice that you mentioned BOC, also. I must have seen them six times, one time when they were billed as 'Pale White Underbelly'(or something like that) in the 80's. As for The Boss, the first show that I caught of his was the 'Darkness...' tour and it was incredible...it's probably also my favorite Springsteen album.

beany06795
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Well it's obviously Zeppelin, Although The Clash are better, just

gummi baer
07-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Led Zepplin did drugs.

Zepplin did drugs.

Allman brothers, because they are brothers and they are all men.Allman's never did drugs? Oh, well. They did do Cher.btw: a little band called The Doors were doing some original stuff in the late sixties and early seventies. Saw Zep in Berkeley (or maybe it was Oakland) in the Summer of '71 and they were NOT sloppy. Jim Morrison WAS sloppy in '68 in Asbury Park. :lol:

fiftyfin1
10-28-2007, 10:32 AM
led zep!!

bassman2546
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
talk about throwing the Allman brothers to the wolves. What kinda comparison is this?

D'yer Mak'er
10-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't know, but the Led Zeppelin reunion is gearing up. The band admitted that past reunions were pretty bad, and they're promising a good one this time.
The day tickets went on sale online, 1,000,000 people crashed the site trying to get 20,000 tickets. The ticket request site has had over a billion views.
Page hinted at the band writing new material, ehhh.