View Full Version : June Car talk............................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Figured I'd make a huge thread, since there's a bunch of us car fanatics on HA, something I am really really proud of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st off: General Motors, Satan called and he wants his car back
http://www.corvettefever.com/featuredvehicles/corp_0705_01_z+corvette_ss_spy_shots+front.jpg

Call it “SS,” “Blue Devil,” “Z07”, or what you will, but don’t call it “slow.” The super Corvette is drawing nigh, and we’re excited because it should offer supercar-humbling poke for far less money than its overseas contemporaries.

The uberVette is expected to pack a 7.0-liter supercharged V-8 tuned to generate between 600 and 700 horsepower and clearly shows a wider stance, along with a sinister looking hood scoop.

2nd: BMW MAKE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/shanghai_conceptcs_intro.jpg

This V-12 powered four-place luxury sedan marks out some pretty bold new territory for the marque, and shows that BMW is keen to increase its return-on-investment with its 7-series sedans. And while it’s officially just a concept, we think it portends a coming range-topper for the Bavarians, potentially resurrecting the 8-series moniker.

3rd: If you build it they will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mid-engined or not (most likely not) this is the next NSX
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/dsc_0381.jpg
Cult followers rejoice, Honda hasn't lost all their senses
i.e. http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/honda-fit-india.jpg

4th (and last for now from me) Suzuki..............................
How do you make some of the most incredible, gorgeous, most powerful motorcycles in the world at affordable prices
http://www.bikez.com/pictures/suzuki/2007/24304_0_1_2_gsx-r%20750_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg
and then design cars like these? http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/nysx4sdn-2007-04-04-at-22-56-09.jpg

someone at their development center needs to get some balls and say............ let's build a 2 door and 4 door with 300 horsepower for around $15k/18k respectively and corner the young adult market

Mr_Choc69
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah the Super Vette is an incredible machine. I read that Toyota is going to
produce a high end sports car for North America (once again). I alsmost cried when the Supra stopped rolling in after 1997 - one of the BEST production sports cars ever!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
produce a high end sports car for North America (once again). I alsmost cried when the Supra stopped rolling in after 1997 - one of the BEST production sports cars ever!

Choc welcome to the board, we discussed (actually argued) about that Supra months ago

Supposedly this is the next Supra although I don't believe it yet
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/toy-ft-hs003-600.JPG

It was hard for me to believe because it was stated it would only come as a hybrid but after reading this
The main version will receive an improved version of the 3.5-liter V-6 from the IS350, producing 330 brake horsepower, and will be aimed fair and square at the next Nissan 350Z.

However, if the grapevine is correct, Toyota will also do a V-6 hybrid using a ramped-up version of the GS450h powertrain on a shortened rear-drive platform. This one would pack 400 bhp.

I am a bit more open to this possibly being the next wonder car from Toyota

BlackAdder
06-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I dont think suzuki cares much about there car market....

And they call that scoop sinister????

Mr_Choc69
06-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Choc welcome to the board, we discussed (actually argued) about that Supra months ago

Supposedly this is the next Supra although I don't believe it yet
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/toy-ft-hs003-600.JPG

It was hard for me to believe because it was stated it would only come as a hybrid but after reading this
The main version will receive an improved version of the 3.5-liter V-6 from the IS350, producing 330 brake horsepower, and will be aimed fair and square at the next Nissan 350Z.

However, if the grapevine is correct, Toyota will also do a V-6 hybrid using a ramped-up version of the GS450h powertrain on a shortened rear-drive platform. This one would pack 400 bhp.

I am a bit more open to this possibly being the next wonder car from Toyota

JWBL-Thanks for the welcome.

I hope that Toyota actually comes back into this market with something strong. Nissan and Mazda both came back post 300ZX and RX-7 a tad weak. Now one will argue that the 350z and RX-8 are "selling"....but come on. When you compare them to the earlier versions there is no contest.
Only time will tell.

trannybanger
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
that BMW is bad ass...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-12-2007, 06:04 PM
both the 300zx and the rx-7 had one thing that up until this year no car companies had the balls to fabricate into their design....................twin turbos. I say up until now because BMW brought the concept back with a 3 series and even though it's $50k it's still a poke at the possibilities of taking a fuel efficient engine, slapping on some turbos and an intercooler possibly and kicking some major ass

Realgirls4me
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Who knows? Ford possibly waiting to see how the Mustang would play out at the time, never let this car -- a car designed to compete with the Corvette -- see the daylight of production, though word is it came very,VERY close. It supposedly could cruise at 180 mph.
Everytime I see Vettes, or talk of them, I can only wonder what both cars would have become today due to the Ford/Chevy rivalry, and all the muscle and performance tech it would have spawned. ...Yes, I'm a huge fan of the blue oval from Dearborn. :)

jamesb121
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Heres the real story for june.....

"The awesome Caparo T1 supercar is nearly ready, and while the team behind it is carrying out some final testing, the final specification has been revealed.

Within its two-seat composite carbon/aluminium monocoque bodyshell, the T1 packs a normally aspirated 3.5-litre V8 producing 575bhp at a mountainous 10,500rpm and 310 lb ft at 9000rpm.

Seeing as the T1 has a dry weight of 550kg, that gives it a stupendous power-to-weight ratio of 1045bhp per tonne. Admittedly we'd normally work out power to weight on a road car's wet weight, but we don't know it, and either way the T1 has no shortage of power.

With a 70-litre fuel tank and eight-litre oil sump, the T1 will most likely be getting on for 100kg heavier with all fluids on board.

The engine is mated to a specially made magnesium paddle-shift gearbox, with various gearing options available according to customer requests.

Power goes to the rear wheels, and if the surface is dry, Caparo claims a 0-60mph time of 2.5sec – the same as a Bugatti Veyron. 0-100mph takes 5.0sec; that's half a second faster than the Bugatti Autocar figured earlier in the year, and as fast as any road legal superbike.

Chunky 355mm discs with six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers help provide similarly impressive deceleration – 100-0mph taking just 3.5sec.

The T1 will be available in both track and road versions. In the former, it'll generate massive downforce, courtesy of its various wings, flaps and its rear diffuser, and have incredible cornering potential too.

Such is the downforce generated by the T1 that you could drive it upside down through a tunnel above 150mph, and could pull up to 3G through corners; 'normal' sports cars struggle to generate half as much lateral grip.

Thankfully, both versions of the T1 will have six-point harnesses and an integrated fire extinguisher system. The car's glass canopy will be optional, and all race and track components will be interchangeable.

Prices start at £190,000 plus taxes, so at least £225,000 on the road (or track). Costly, yes, but a whole lot cheaper than an F1 car. And ideal for the track day season.

“We are looking into the possibility of introducing an international T1 race series,” said Caparo's commercial director, Sean Butcher. “Our objective is to give customers an affordable and reliable season on the track without incurring the extraordinary costs of running a real Formula One car.”

Donations for the Autocar Caparo T1 fund will be gratefully received. The first customer car is due to be delivered in July, while the finished car makes its public debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed from 23-24 June."

[/i]

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-12-2007, 10:29 PM
I can top that sir..............................

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/ssc-aero-ultimate-doors-open.jpg

Back in March, the folks responsible for the SSC Ultimate Aero TT convened in Nevada to try and take a crack at the top speed record for a production vehicle. A number of factors precluded shattering the official record of 242 miles-per-hour, currently held by the Koenigsegg CCR (Bugatti’s Veyron 16/4 has unofficially seen 253 mph), but the firm is back at it, and we’ve got the skinny from Junus Khan, SSC’s marketing director.

According to Khan, the company has successfully completed a pair of additional testing sessions, and the Ultimate Aero TT hit 241.4 mph while undergoing transmission temperature testing on May 22. Did we mention that the wheelman only deployed 71-percent of the car’s available throttle to reach that figure? (the SSC UATT boasts nearly 1183 brake horsepower).

The company has dutifully been coordinating with data acquisition firm Dewetron to authenticate and document the car’s results, and is hoping to officially break the world production speed record once-and-for-all in the “very near future.”

jamesb121
06-12-2007, 10:35 PM
JWBL, did you hear Steve Mcqueen's Ferrari 250 lusso berlinetta is up for auction at Monterey in August?

In my opinion the coolest ferrari ever made, owned by the coolest man the world has ever seen

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
didn't hear about it, I'd rather have the bullitt stang fastback but that's just me, glad I can still go to Cali and get one for a reasonable price

I honestly don't think it's the coolest Ferrari ever made, to me as much as I hate to say this that car belongs to the movie remake of Miami Vice with Colin Farrell playing Crockett

OEMEnemyNum1
06-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Any of you guys into Hotrodding at all? I play on the aftermarket game myself. I develop aftermarket tuners for cars right now. Mostly domestic, but I play around with some Toyota, and some VAG stuff also.

General Disarray
06-13-2007, 04:07 AM
If I only knew a damned thing about cars.....

OEMEnemyNum1
06-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Love this topic, totally my style.

The fastest car I've ever driven was a Twin Turbo Ford GT, awesome power, good response. It was a bad ass ride.

The Ballsiest car I've ever been in was actually a diesel pickup. The Ford GT was about 1000HP but only about 900 Lb-Ft of Torque because of how high it revved. I've been in an Inline 6 Diesel that topped out at 3700 RPM that layed down over 1089HP, with those numbers the dyno wouldn't read the Torque. All I know is it stopped reading at 1800 Lb-Ft. If you ever see the magazine Diesel Power, I believe it was featured in there a couple months back. Guy comes from St. George Utah.

werwt22
06-13-2007, 06:39 PM
both the 300zx and the rx-7 had one thing that up until this year no car companies had the balls to fabricate into their design....................twin turbos. I say up until now because BMW brought the concept back with a 3 series and even though it's $50k it's still a poke at the possibilities of taking a fuel efficient engine, slapping on some turbos and an intercooler possibly and kicking some major ass

A lot of companies decided to put in single turbo because it has better performance gains for some cars.

werwt22
06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oN9JoDbECn0

http://5thgen.org/

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M WAITIN ON. Phew I can't wait for this beast. 400+ horses

jamesb121
06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Im expecting a backlash here, but ive never seen the point of the muscle car.
Having driven the shelby 500 mustang in the uk, to be honest, it was dreadful, i suppose they must be cheap over there!!

Only two american 'sports' cars that cut it over in europe are the viper and the new corvette, only problem, in the uk at least is the wheel is on the wrong side, the other major problem being the cost. By the time you get a Z06 over in the uk its £70000 or $140000!! even the shelby 500 i drove was £50000! $100000 for a car with a solid rear axle and leaf springs? ill have a E43 M3 or my E39 M5 over that!

dont want to be on a total downer, just its difficult to justify american cars outside of their domestic market, plus petrol in Scotland has just hit £5 a gallon, or $10! see why most europeans drive small cars?? this is mine below btw!

SarahG
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
...plus petrol in Scotland has just hit £5 a gallon, or $10! see why most europeans drive small cars?? this is mine below btw!

The price of gas is the price of gas... it isn't really $10 USD a gal, just the taxes make it appear to be that much.

Sidenote; per the original theory with the US constitution, there was not supposed to ever be a direct tax (think income tax as a direct tax), thus stuff like the gas tax fed into the price of gasoline in the US is actually the way the tax system was supposed to work originally. My theory is that it works better from the gov's perspective because people see the price of something such as gas as the total price and don't realize how much is going to taxes... unlike when you (in the US) go and buy a car and get to see how hard you're hit by taxes with the sales tax et al on the receipt. The price of gas here has doubled in recent years and yet it hasn't seem to truly make any significant impact on how many people drive SUVs or trucks... my theory is to blame creditcards here; if everyone was paying gas with cash I don't think the American public would still be driving what they're driving today.

Thanks to credit cards a significant part of the American population can just go out and buy gas like they do everything else they impulsively want but can't quite afford.... and we wonder why debt is such a problem here.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
that looks like a smart (am I correct?) saw a ton of them when I was in Berlin, very very cute little vehicle, perfect for the inner city I suppose............but that shit would get crushed on an expressway here in the states, not to mention a heavy rainstorm or snowstorm, you'd be a sitting duck.............. they are coming here though, so fuck it

I wasn't a big fan of diesels until I visited Germany for the 1st time, I drove around in a Seat, now those cars could make it here in the states, small economic, etc. actually there's a few cars that would kick ass here they'd just need to be in diesel form

speaking of which

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/2006-honda-accord-hybrid-re.jpg
Honda is abandoning the hybrid variant of its Accord when its next-generation model is released. The green-tinged Hybrid Accord is actually the highest-performing sedan in the current range, but consumers shied away from it, perhaps because of its extra cost or insufficient mileage gains over conventional models when one dips into its ample power reserves.

In either case, Honda’s next-generation Accord will instead field a highly-efficient diesel powerplant, a Tier 2 Bin 5-compliant oil-burner. That powertrain is expected for model year 2009, a year after the redesigned Accord goes on sale.

wow, just wow

jamesb121
06-13-2007, 11:32 PM
JWBL, yes it is a smart, a brabus smart at that, 101bhp, feels like a rocketship!!! 0-60 in 8seconds and 55mpg, plus if you've ever had to park in edinburgh, you'd understand!

Btw SEAT, just a Volkswagen in drag, good cars but VW also own skoda, who do a high performance diesel supermini the Fabia vRS, 140bhp and all that diesel torque!

Also, one open question: NASCAR. Why??

TheOne1
06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
no love for bikes?

http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/billscycleworld/dannys%20busa600.jpg

jamesb121
06-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Bikes: been there, done it, crashed it, never again.......

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-13-2007, 11:48 PM
JWBL, yes it is a smart, a brabus smart at that, 101bhp, feels like a rocketship!!! 0-60 in 8seconds and 55mpg, plus if you've ever had to park in edinburgh, you'd understand!

Btw SEAT, just a Volkswagen in drag, good cars but VW also own skoda, who do a high performance diesel supermini the Fabia vRS, 140bhp and all that diesel torque!

Also, one open question: NASCAR. Why??

Dude you're asking the wrong person about NASCAR, I am an F1 fanatic

here's something to make you all say "hmmmmmmmmmmmm"

What would you get for $39k?????

I ask that because......................
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/2008-nissan-350z-nismo-leadnismo350zex06.jpg

Nissan’s smoking new NISMO 350Z available exclusively with a six-speed manual, the dolled-up Zed will start at $38,070.

Those who plump for the NISMO Z gain a Super GT championship car-aping aerodynamics package, a tightened-up suspension, massive Brembo brakes (four-piston calipers grabbing 12.8-inch rotors up front, and two-piston, 12.7-inch units in the rear), and of course, those lightweight RAYS wheels (18×9 –inch front/ 19×10 – inch rear).

Inside, the changes are largely cosmetic, with bespoke black and red cloth seats, red stitching throughout the interior, and a gray-face NISMO tachometer. Did we mention that they’re all serialized?

Under the hood, things are standard-fare 2007 Z, with Nissan’s 3.5-liter VQ35HR engine giving 306 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. A NISMO-spec exhaust package can also be specified (or added on at dealers).

Dealers are now accepting pre-orders

Now I used to be a Japanese tuner addict. So I can understand and appreciate the aftermarket work that went into this dealership ready vehicle. YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few of us all know within 10 years this near $40k car will be about $9k on some used car lot, so why even bother?!?

jamesb121
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
turn $ into £ and you've got the price of the 350z in the uk, not so good value for $80k is it?? we get fucked in the uk for everything......

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-14-2007, 12:01 AM
turn $ into £ and you've got the price of the 350z in the uk, not so good value for $80k is it?? we get fucked in the uk for everything......

puhlease

you guys had Cosworth's

I don't wanna hear it

BeardedOne
06-14-2007, 12:05 AM
that looks like a smart (am I correct?) saw a ton of them when I was in Berlin, very very cute little vehicle, perfect for the inner city I suppose............but that shit would get crushed on an expressway here in the states, not to mention a heavy rainstorm or snowstorm, you'd be a sitting duck.............. they are coming here though, so fuck it

Yah, the smart (All lower case letters) is an interesting vehicle (Designed by Swatch, egineered by Mercedes) and has begun its quiet invasion of the US via a dealership/importer in Missouri (I think it's in Kirkwood, not far from St. Louis). Damn things are expensive, for their size (I recall seeing a $25k USD pricetag on it).

I'm considering one for the workday commute which is about 10 miles +/- a day for me. The distance is too short for my Saturn VUE (Which I got for its height and comfort as well as a fair bit of cargo space) to get its optimum gas mileage (+/- 23 MPG), but would need the price to come down significantly.

I expect they'd be pretty useless in snow as there is no significant weight to provide traction. As for their strength, I was skeptical until I saw the bare-bones frame design. It may be shaped like an egg, but it has some serious strength designed into it. If a semi landed on it on the Joisey Turnpike I bet there would be no more damage than a dent to the frame of the semi. Of course, the diver of the smart would die from shock/fear having had a semi dropped on them, but that can't be blamed on the car itself. :D

Interesting note: A sidebar of the smart is the parking franchises. They have a special garage/tower that can be built in the space of an average rowhouse that can park upwards of a hundred of the cute little rides. Lessee, 100 cars, times $8.00 an hour (Low average), times 24 hours = $19,200 per day. :shock: Screw the cars! Get yourself a parking franchise!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-14-2007, 12:15 AM
The minute companies started giving grocery getters 200+ horsepower here in the states I knew we were in trouble

this shit is fucking comical

everyone is pushing out vehicles with major horsepower, fucking redundant if you live in a big city, let's look at one of my major gripes

The Toyota Camry
V6 model in '07 comes with 268 hp (probably 220 to the wheels but still, 200+hp in a family mid sedan) thats insane

Everyone wants muscle in their vehicle and if they cant get a muscle car guess what? they can get that same inline or v6 in their choice. The Nissan 6 has been overused in everything from the Altima to the G35

no way in hell Altima econobox drivers need that kind of power

TomSelis
06-14-2007, 12:21 AM
I hope Lincoln comes out with the MKR. That was a bad mofo!!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-14-2007, 12:29 AM
that shit screams beast

TomSelis
06-14-2007, 02:08 AM
415 hp....

dodgy_mick
06-14-2007, 03:16 AM
........feels really bad at this bein my first post (&doubt my last as this has probably been pointed out before) but please this is possibly the worst thing you could do behind the wheel, I mean come on!!

(p.s posted link incase the pic doesnt work, like I said, rookie!!)
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/bugatti-veyron-smash/

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-14-2007, 03:36 AM
not for nothing that Bugatti was fugly

fastest production at the time or not

RangeHova
06-14-2007, 08:02 AM
no way in hell Altima econobox drivers need that kind of power[/b]

The Altima is basically a lesser G35 and the G35 is one hell of a car. the coupe is basically a more refined 350z. So in essence, the Altima is a 350z sedan. They kill it by making the small engined and striped down econo versions.

I'm a hardcore Bimmer person but I keep reading article after article saying how the G35 is the first in its class to beat the 3 series. I'm more of a 5 series guy and the M45s are really catching my eye. If they can get the resale value up I might have to go Infiniti. I always liked the M45s, they had 55 more horses than a 540i but were not at all sport tuned so they felt lathargic in comparison. Things have changed.

jamesb121
06-15-2007, 11:43 PM
JWBL, yea, ok, the cozzies were good, but in isolation an evo or a impreza sti would piss all over an escort cosworth now.

However i have a some of questions:

1. Can you buy a manual m5 in the U of S of A? I mean a real manual not the fucked up SMG 7speed shite semi auto.

2. Is the bugatti on sale in the US? 15 have been delivered in the UK since launch in 2006 (Make that 14 still standing after the one in the above picture....) £940000 write off! (ouch!!)

3. How has the MINI gone down over there? And are they all driven by tossers like they are in the UK? and how much is it?

Answers to all or some of the above much appriciated

Yours, from a very wet and misrable Great Britain (see we're the only country in the world with an adjective!)

James

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-16-2007, 02:34 AM
JWBL, yea, ok, the cozzies were good, but in isolation an evo or a impreza sti would piss all over an escort cosworth now.

However i have a some of questions:

1. Can you buy a manual m5 in the U of S of A? I mean a real manual not the fucked up SMG 7speed shite semi auto. You can order one, lol, if you have the $$$ you can order anything............

2. Is the bugatti on sale in the US? 15 have been delivered in the UK since launch in 2006 (Make that 14 still standing after the one in the above picture....) £940000 write off! (ouch!!)[/quote] Again, you can have one, if you have the $$$

3. How has the MINI gone down over there? And are they all driven by tossers like they are in the UK? and how much is it?[/quote] The mini is very popular here, surprising me considering the price tag, IMO it started the whole tiny car trend we are finally being smothered in.........

Answers to all or some of the above much appriciated

Yours, from a very wet and misrable Great Britain (see we're the only country in the world with an adjective!)

James[/quote]

By the way I am still pissed by this
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/subaruimpreza25inypress7.jpg

I now understand why though, and this is just my opinion
Toyota has owned an 8.7-percent minority stake in Fuji Heavy Industries, Subaru’s parent company, since October 2005, but it now appears that the automotive juggernaut has a clear road to acquire a controlling stake in the near-term. A change in Japan’s antitrust legislation earlier this month will enable Toyota to swallow up the all-wheel-drive manufacturer.

In a new interview conducted by TheCarConnection, Subaru CEO Ikuo Mori admits that for all intents and purposes, his company would likely not survive without Toyota’s deep pockets. The executive is quick to point out that this doesn’t mean that Subaru will become “just another Toyota division,” and goes into some detail regarding Fuji Heavy’s troubled earlier business relationship with General Motors.

Subaru hopes to increase its sales by 15-percent in the next year, which would give it around 635,000 units worldwide.
With that said it makes sense for Toyota to suggest a few years ago to Subaru brass making this
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/08-wrx-sedan-hatch004.jpg
look like this
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/camrysia_0216.jpg

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Thank GOD for aftermarket companies
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/914-subie-14.jpg
The folks over at Renegade Hybrids have apparently tired of stuffing Porsche’s 914 with small-block Chevrolet engines, a popular age-old shoe-in for Stuttgart’s angular love/hate midship runabout.

Instead, the Las Vegas tuner has figured out how to fold-in the 2.0-liter turbocharged flat-four from Subaru’s WRX. The boxer layout of the engine is said to require no chassis modifications (though the turbocharger and intercooler will likely require relocation). The company has already fitted the WRX STI engine, giving the flyweight 914 what must be a heroic power-to-weight ratio, as it delivers around 300 horsepower and 300 pound-feet of torque… before modifications. Renegade Hybrids reports that so-equipped, the 914 is not only very reliable and absurdly quick, it is capable of over 25 miles-per-gallon.

til I can bug them enough to do a swap like that in my vintage bug chassis I'll have to find one of these puppies RHD if it has to be
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/600004.jpg
Subaru is releasing yet another version of its iconic WRX, this one dubbed the “Impreza WRX STi spec C Type RA-R.” Can’t wait to see that one spelled out on a windshield header sticker.

The 2.0-liter flat four is tuned to deliver 320 bhp (at 6,400 rpm) and 318 ft-lbs. of torque at 4,400 rpm, thanks to a revamped turbocharger, exhaust system, and the necessary ECU tinkering that usually results from such changes.

Additional features include 18-inch multispoke wheels painted white (and wrapped in 40-series Bridgestones), and a 15mm lower ride height. Other exterior changes include red accent striping, a small roof-resident scoop, and a carbon fiber wing is optional.

Kabuki
06-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Damn Toyota! They're killing my car!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Kabuki, I'm as pissed as you, but they just made it sooooooooooooo easy to get aftermarket parts because you & I both know top tuners will beg for the new car while the hardcore tuners will stay faithful but lower their prices on various items for the oncoming machine

between you & me though that shit looks like the last Gen Toyota Camry SE with a body kit
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/12173/229307_Camry_SE_02ab.jpg

Kabuki
06-16-2007, 03:03 AM
Kabuki, I'm as pissed as you, but they just made it sooooooooooooo easy to get aftermarket parts because you & I both know top tuners will beg for the new car while the hardcore tuners will stay faithful but lower their prices on various items for the oncoming machine

between you & me though that shit looks like the last Gen Toyota Camry SE with a body kit

It reminds me of the aftermarket kit for the Solara. As for the Subaru, they made some improvements that will attract the faithful buyers, but of course the Impreza won't turn heads...not without some work. I was telling a friend that US sales will continue to dip with this model in production.

jamesb121
06-16-2007, 11:06 PM
With the new impreza, at least your getting the saloon, no such luck in europe, we're getting the fugly hatch only, and no WRX at the moment.

However, GM's outpost in europe Vauxhall have given us the VXR8, rear wheel drive and 414bhp as standard, or 550bhp with the supercharger.

To use a great scots phrase 'Balls Out!!!!'

Willie Escalade
06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
That bodykitted Camry looks like an Acura TSX/JDM Honda Accord in the front. That's not a bad thing of course.

Being a Corolla driver, anyone with info on the new one?

Also, speaking of hybrids, what's everyone's take on the Lexus LS 600h L?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-17-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/lexus_ls_600h_l_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_0a_143.jpg

While awesome it is to some IMO it was made at the last minute to compete with BMW's next big thing

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/bmw-h-f-3-4.jpg

the Hydrogen 7

although it has it's flaws right now, both companies will do trickle down to their lower lines, and to be honest it will be easier to push hydrogen stations/pumps on gas station owners who will be getting their asses kicked by the "I have a hybrid, ha ha see you for a refill in 2 weeks" generation

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Attention Buick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take this
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/buick-riviera-concept-600-001.jpg

paint it black
speak to Mr. Duttweiler about what 6 cylinder to throw in it with a supercharger

label it "Grand National"

if you build it they will come

Jasadin
06-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Brief highjacking rant! :evil:

While I'm lookin at this thread I hear someone banging on my patio door.I open the blinds and this guy is telling me that he hit my mustang with his motorcycle.Apparently the speed bump gave him alot of problems.There's like no cars in this section of the lot right now.How fuckin lucky can you get?I mean look at this shit :!: :arrow:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/jasadin0/SonyCameraPic009.jpg

Ok I'm done.Return to regular programming

OEMEnemyNum1
06-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Anybody here into trucks?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-20-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm into trucks, it's just the one I'd want here in NYC is $50k

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Dodge-Ram-SRT-10-rear-3-4.jpg

I might look for a used one in a few years as they are discontinuing it this year which pisses me off.........................

meanwhile back on the "Ain't that FUCKED UP" ranch

not that I would buy it but
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/ford-fusion-nightclubbing.jpg

Ford has just announced that it will begin selling a diesel Fusion later this year. Don’t get too excited, Blue Oval devotees—the model is being launched in India. The oil-burning mid-sizer will launch in the third quarter of this year.

The announcement came as Ford launched a new version of its Endeavour SUV today. Powered by a 2.5-liter diesel, officials hope that it will bolster the company’s presence in India’s premium SUV segment, a niche that it already owns 38 percent of.

We’re looking to nail down more details about the new Fusion’s drivetrain (we’re guessing it’s Ford’s 2.5-liter TDCi, but the company also has a 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter engines in its portfolio), but we’re not totally optimistic that the engine option will see our shores. However, we’d love to see it made available to American consumers, as it would make a nice domestic foil to Honda’s planned diesel Accord.

jamesb121
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Thats a Mondeo!!!!! Ford cheating again! that car has been out in europe for 7 years!! new model has just been launched, how well would this car do in the US??

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-21-2007, 12:27 AM
this is fucked up but I'll say it, if they heads of these American oil companies were all assasinated in 2 years we'd be better off with diesel fuel as well as electric variants of our favorite cars..................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/md_hiunday_tiburon_fr.jpg

WHOA MAMA

chanel_girly
06-27-2007, 12:18 PM
my personal favs

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/F/T/Bentley_Continental_GTC.jpg

http://www.brabus-usa.com/pictures/alabasterSL500.jpg

http://www.bigbmw.com/6series_coupe_03.jpg

LG
06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
They've outsourced most of their labour and sold off the company to investors. The future looks uncertain for TVR, but I hope they'll keep on making cars like the Tuscan Convertible (below- 0-60mph in under 4 seconds, a top speed of over 160 mph and reportedly up to 190 mph, 380 bhp @7000 rpm power). The Tuscan Convertible is the same price as the BMW Z4M Roadster but faster, more powerful and more stylish. One day, I hope to own one.
http://www.tvr.co.uk/images/bannerimages/tuscanconv_fr1.jpg

muhmuh
06-27-2007, 06:47 PM
They've outsourced most of their labour and sold off the company to investors. The future looks uncertain for TVR, but I hope they'll keep on making cars like the Tuscan Convertible (below- 0-60mph in under 4 seconds, a top speed of over 160 mph and reportedly up to 190 mph, 380 bhp @7000 rpm power). The Tuscan Convertible is the same price as the BMW Z4M Roadster but faster, more powerful and more stylish. One day, I hope to own one.

and best of all its.... inventive setup will kill any non track experience driver at speeds above 50 miles

LG
06-27-2007, 06:51 PM

and best of all its.... inventive setup will kill any non track experience driver at speeds above 50 miles

Maybe, but you can reach that speed in under 4 seconds... :D

Ummm..are you saying I should settle for a Toyota or something?

muhmuh
06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Maybe, but you can reach that speed in under 4 seconds... :D

Ummm..are you saying I should settle for a Toyota or something?

well all im saying is that if youre completely used to driving cars that have tons of understeer tuned into them (ie anything but tvrs and heavily tuned cars) a tvr might not be the best option to step into the wonderful world of neutral setups
if you want something exclusive rare fast and thoroughly british imho anybody would be better off with a caterham or noble

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
the next accord...................

G35 owners look carefully, it looks very similar

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2007/06/medium_632830273_f3decb84de_o.jpg

the sedan doesn't thank GOD

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/08accordspy/2082156

Willie Escalade
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/md_hiunday_tiburon_fr.jpg

WHOA MAMA
If that's the production version of the next Tiburon (aka Tuscani aka Coupe'), I'd be in line for one!

I am; Chevy and GMC models come first in my book...althought I really like that Ford F-150 King Ranch.

Anyone here into Saabs? I know the design isn't for everyone, but these are some well built cars. If GM decides to bring over the diesel version, I'd be at the dealer in a heartbeat!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
gonna end up going to Germany, getting a diesel sports car, shipping it back, and laughing at the pump, because this is bullshit, fuckin diesels http://kingston.house.gov/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/diesel%20pump.jpgoverseas kick ass and we're stuck with http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/silas216/Gas-Station.jpg

foolish99
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
this is best car I have ever owned. Faster than the Lambo I used to have and way more practical. smoother than the jag convertible.

Fast as hell --- smooth as hell --- GREAT car

planning to get rid of it only when Porsche or Aston Martin come out with their 4-doors ....

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
no way I'd drop that for this

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/06/panameraspy_hb2007_002.jpg

that is not a porsche, thats a mistake

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/06/panameraspy_hb2007_007.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/06/panameraspy_hb2007_001.jpg

youcancallmeclaire
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Awwwh the smart car is adorable. ^_^

I like their roadster as well. <3

Kabuki
06-27-2007, 10:04 PM
The Accord looks nice. I could deal with it. It's cheaper than a G35, and I know I could add mods. I still can't touch a Hyundai though. Although the Tiburon has potential, I still group the cars with Kias. The average person doesn't respect Hyundais. Car guys no about the potential of the Tiburon. These are the same guys that know about the Euro Focus. I would never buy a Ford though. I'm strictly Imports, and I'm being dragged into Euros. BMWs to be precise.

muhmuh
06-27-2007, 10:07 PM
btw on the tvr in the words of richard hammond

"if i was in a tvr now the indicators would be on the ceiling and the switches would be made of kryptonite ad the doors would open inwards on a dodecahedron hinge"

jamesb121
06-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Claire, my smart is cute, pity about me driving it! lol

What you driving??

in response to the porsche panamera/aston rapide question, its a bit of a no brainer isnt it? admittedly one is very pretty, but the other will start in the morning and won't flatten its battery after 24 hours of no getting used. Can you guess which is which??

foolish99
06-28-2007, 01:48 AM
spyker makes the coolest cars out there ....

http://www.spykercars.com/?pag=8

the C12 is just awesome. the D12 is cool as well (though I admit it might be an acquired taste)

youcancallmeclaire
06-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Claire, my smart is cute, pity about me driving it! lol

What you driving??

Haha. I drive a cavalier 4door. It's clean and boring.
I almost had a vw corrado g60 instead though. >_<
I still regret it. :(

CORVETTEDUDE
06-28-2007, 04:11 AM
O.K.....You forced me into it!

Quinn
06-28-2007, 04:19 AM

I haven't traditionally been a huge fan of the Camero (too many of them where I gree up), but I have to say the newest model looks really impressive.

-Quinn

CORVETTEDUDE
06-28-2007, 04:43 AM

I haven't traditionally been a huge fan of the Camero (too many of them where I gree up), but I have to say the newest model looks really impressive.

-Quinn

Quinn...I'm with you there. I've never owned a Camaro, but have been a Corvette owner since 1969. However, I WILL have one of the "NEW" Camaros, No doubt about it!!! :rock2

Logging in post #500!!!

Corvettedude

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-28-2007, 04:44 AM
spyker makes the coolest cars out there ....

http://www.spykercars.com/?pag=8

the C12 is just awesome. the D12 is cool as well (though I admit it might be an acquired taste)

http://www.spykercars.com/img/gallerij/nm/Flower_open.jpg

GOTDAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORVETTEDUDE
06-28-2007, 05:06 AM
JWBL...the Spyker C12 is "Bad Ass", and you're right about the D12...a taste needs to be acquired. Cus, I think it's Butt Ulgy. Sorry, man!

Realgirls4me
06-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Ahhh, who can forget the classic lines of the 1971 through '73 "boat tail" Rivieras, or those of the Rivieras of 10 or so years ago? Here is the latest concept of that car worthy of that nameplate:

Willie Escalade
06-28-2007, 05:56 AM
That new Camaro looks nice...and should have the performance to back it up. Hopefully, Chevy break it down to the proper trim levels.

Type LT or LS as the base model with the V6 engine

The Z28 as the mid-level model, of course with a V8 no larger than 5.7 liters

The SS as the top-level model, preferably with a slightly detuned Corvette engine

And for those with tons of bank, a limited edition ZL1 with the Corvette ZO6 engine

They also have to reinstate the Rally Sport option package (with the hidden headlamps), avaliable on all models.

As for the Panamera, remember when critics were saying that the Cayenne wouldn't sell? I'm sure those looking at a Mercedes Benz CLS will take a look at this as well. Now only if Porsche would bring back the 928...

Realgirls4me
06-28-2007, 06:16 AM
I'm a Ford (Mustang) dog, but I would still love to see any of the big three not only bring back these pony cars with a punch, but also differentiate them as much as they could beyond the changing of a plastic grill and mat choices. I doubt we'll ever see a Mustang offering six different engine choices as it once did, or different body styles, but geez, do something to bring back uniqueness in some form. C'mon, Ford, GM, and Chrysler!!!

Now!

Willie Escalade
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
With the Challenger due in 2008 (or is that 2009?), we'll see what Chrysler has up their sleeve. We already know there will be a Hemi under the hood, but what about a base model? Will the convertible return? I still see a lot of 'Stang verts on the street.

Speaking of Chrysler, if they put into production the Imperial concept of 2006, would you buy it? Remember how popular the 300 currently is. Can you imagine how it would be if this car was priced between US$42,000 and US$51,000? DUB Magazine, here we come! :wink:

BlackAdder
06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I think chrysler just got bought out by an investment firm....

Realgirls4me
06-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Willie,

Chrysler hit a homerun with the 300, as it resonated with the car buying public right off the bat, but the chances of that happening twice are are not likely. ...I can't finger it, but there's just something I don't like about that Imperial's rear deck.

Mr_Choc69
06-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Chrysler is trying hard (Snoop Dog Commercial, Advertising in a more diverse market, etc etc) but their reliability is still under par. The next 5-7 years will make or break them.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Chrysler is trying hard (Snoop Dog Commercial, Advertising in a more diverse market, etc etc) but their reliability is still under par. The next 5-7 years will make or break them.

The taxpayer will end up bailing them out again. The Gov't will not let them go under, they make too much military equipment.

youcancallmeclaire
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
oooh I like black wheels.
I bet they would never sell it like that though. Those're like spy pictures of a concept or something, right?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
hardly a concept, just the volvo based focus rs that will never reach U.S. shores

because if they sold that next to their ever popular Mustang and you put the 2 at a red light about to turn green before a windy road stretch the focus would have the mustang for breakfast

BeardedOne
07-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Thread hijack!

http://speedracerthemovie.warnerbros.com/cmp/main.html

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-03-2007, 12:39 AM
that movie is gonna SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomSelis
07-03-2007, 12:45 AM
They had the Focus RS at the NYC carshow. It's a slight possibility that it might make it over here. Focus fanatics bitched about getting the 5 door and got it.

BeardedOne
07-03-2007, 12:58 AM
that movie is gonna SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the fuck =cares=? Lookit the CAR! :love1

And c'mon, Christina Ricci as Trixie. :D

Y'never know. We weren't too enthusiastic about Thunderbirds and that turned out OK (Snooty Rolls-Royce wouldn't license the FAB1, so Ford got all the glory).

Malik4Tgirls
09-23-2010, 05:37 AM
:Bowdown:My favorite Whips!!:Bowdown:

BMW RZ-MR RACER X EDITION

MERCEDES GRAND TOURING (GT)

BMW PANTHER