View Full Version : Democrat Judge gets 3-to-10; Brooklyn big sent to Rikers

White_Male_Canada
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Ready their jail cells

Judge sentenced to 3-to-10; Brooklyn big sent to Rikers

BY NANCIE L. KATZ
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, June 6th 2007, 4:00 AM

Two former Brooklyn powerhouses - a Democratic leader and a judge - were led out of court in handcuffs yesterday in a corruption scandal that has prompted calls for sweeping changes in picking jurists.

"I am profoundly sorry," cried ex-Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Gerald Garson, 74, who broke into sobs before being sentenced to three to 10 years behind bars for accepting bribes.

Garson was convicted of taking cash, cigars, dinners and drinks from a crooked lawyer - all caught on tape - in return for favors.

"As I watched the tapes, I was embarrassed and appalled at my demeanor," he sobbed.

Just a few hours earlier in the same courtroom, Clarence Norman, the former Brooklyn Democratic Party chairman and 11-term assemblyman, was shackled and ordered to begin a two-to-six-year sentence for campaign corruption. His appeal was rejected last week.

"God is good," Norman said, hugging relatives before being shipped off to Rikers Island...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/06/06/2007-06-06_ready_their_jail_cells-2.html

guyone
06-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Finally!

Oli
06-07-2007, 03:27 AM
It was apropos that on the day Scooter was sentenced, these 2 went down also.