PDA

View Full Version : 'Scooter' Libby Gets 30 Months in Prison

White_Male_Canada
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
WASHINGTON — Former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison Tuesday for lying and obstructing the CIA leak investigation.

Libby, the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, stood calmly before a packed courtroom as a federal judge said the evidence overwhelmingly proved his guilt.

"People who occupy these types of positions, where they have the welfare and security of nation in their hands, have a special obligation to not do anything that might create a problem," U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278052,00.html

guyone
06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
This is total crap. Sandy Berger goes into the national archives and steals multiple copies of the same set of sensitive documents and gets a slap on the wrist and scooter gets 2 1/2 years for doing nothing??? I really don't understand how anyone in their right mind can vote for a democrat and the republicans are so spineless.

Time for a change.

"The day will come...an adding up, a totaling. Those who turned away will be turned upon. That day will come. It will."
-Talk Radio

White_Male_Canada
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM
This is total crap. Sandy Berger goes into the national archives and steals multiple copies of the same set of sensitive documents and gets a slap on the wrist and scooter gets 2 1/2 years for doing nothing??? I really don't understand how anyone in their right mind can vote for a democrat and the republicans are so spineless.

Time for a change.

"The day will come...an adding up, a totaling. Those who turned away will be turned upon. That day will come. It will."
-Talk Radio

Sandy Burglar not only stole documents, he stashed them in a nearby construction site, recovered and destroyed them.

That said this plame thing is a joke. Plame herself perjured herself when she testified before Congress.

And if Clinton could pardon a real crook like Mark Rich then what we most likely will see is an immediate appeal and an immediate pardon when President Bush`s term ends.

White_Male_Canada
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
This is total crap.

For the record, common knowledge that Richard Armitage was the source for Bob Novak, therefore the "leaker".

This from a Wolfowitz letter:

I also remember how Mr. Libby offered his services pro bono or at reduced costs after he had returned to private law practice - to help former colleagues and friends with legal issues. In one case he helped a public official defend himself against libelous accusations, something that is extremely difficult to do for anyone in public office. The official in question was Richard Armitage who more recently served as - Deputy Secretary of State.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0605071libby6.html

Oli
06-07-2007, 06:21 AM
LAWFUEL - The Law Newswire - "Scooter" Libby's prosecutor, Patrick Fitzgerald, wrote an 18 page sentencing memo, requesting that Libby serve up to three years in prison.

The memo says: “He has shown no regret for his actions, which significantly impeded the investigation.”

While he acknowledges that Libby “worked long hours for the government under great stress, when he could have earned a more lucrative salary in the private practice of law.” Fitzgerald’s suggestion: “a term of imprisonment within the applicable range of 30 to 37 months.”

The memo (click the link below) also outlined that Libby had options, including telling the truth, declining to speak with FBI agents or taking the Fifth Amendment before the Grand Jury or challenging the lines of inquiry he believed to be improper.

"Regrettably, Mr Libby chose the one option the law prohibited: He lied."

http://lawfuel.com/show-release.asp?ID=12792

trish
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
It's true, Libby's getting a bum rap. Cheny and Rove should be the ones in federal ass-fucking prison.

guyone
06-07-2007, 05:41 PM
How long are you in the bathroom while taking a crap? I usually go in for about a half hour before my leg starts falling asleep or I am overcome by the 'fumes'.

White_Male_Canada
06-07-2007, 07:09 PM
How long are you in the bathroom while taking a crap? I usually go in for about a half hour before my leg starts falling asleep or I am overcome by the 'fumes'.

You know what happens when you eat too many green apples?

You get the Scooters. 8)

ToyBoy6669
06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
It's true, Libby's getting a bum rap. Cheny and Rove should be the ones in federal ass-fucking prison.

all too true even the jury felt bad for him, called him a patsy at best, I hope that justice would be done, but believe it or not people still support them, there insane practice and even bush, USA looks more like Rome every day, and we know how that turned out...and before anyone says anything to that...history repeats it self, there is truth in that, head strong leader + politicians only concerned with there own agenda = fall of Rome, and other nations

North_of_60
06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Libby's efforts allowed BushCo to, so far, get away with lying a country into war.
He was convinced for perjury.
Perjury is a crime because the witness has sworn to tell the truth.(The way Bush and friends do politic)

Now, if they had considered Libby's whole life the sentence would have been much longer.

insert_namehere
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Just for the “human interest” factor, anyone wanting to take a gander at the “letters of clemency” sent in by various folks to Judge Reggie Walton can do so by clicking here (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0605071libby1.html).

Not surprisingly, the Scoot’s former boss, “Big fuzzy bear” Dick Cheney is noticeable by his absence.

guyone
06-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Perjury is only a crime if you're a republican. If you're a democrat it's known as being creative with reality which is not a crime.

qeuqheeg222
06-11-2007, 07:51 AM
good boy scooter( his real name is ira but dont let them right wing jew haters get that bit of knowledge) takin the bullet fer big bad grandpappy who blew the mortgage payments cheney....