PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul..Whats the Story??

DJ_Asia
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I keep hearing how the US media is ignoring this guy as a legit '08 presidential candidate,yet he supposedly is winning the Rep. debates going away according to polls.

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

"He has never voted to raise taxes or congressional pay, and refuses to participate in the congressional pension system.[3] He has consistently voted against the USA PATRIOT Act, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the Iraq War."

Being in Thailand Im not privy to too much US news here,but from what I've read he seems like he's being supressed by the press...one can only wonder why.

Any thoughts on this guy....and if he is as good as he sounds...spread the word.

scroller
05-31-2007, 08:28 PM
He ran for President on the Libertarian ticket back in 1988, getting about half-a-percent of the vote. I voted for him, probably pretty stupid in hindsight.

chefmike
05-31-2007, 08:44 PM
He's entertaining, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting the GOP nomination, or even a nod for VP, for that matter. Not a chance.

Blank
05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
He's entertaining, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting the GOP nomination, or even a nod for VP, for that matter. Not a chance.Which is sad because I think he's the best candidate on both sides.

Blank
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I keep hearing how the US media is ignoring this guy as a legit '08 presidential candidate,yet he supposedly is winning the Rep. debates going away according to polls.

"He has never voted to raise taxes or congressional pay, and refuses to participate in the congressional pension system.[3] He has consistently voted against the USA PATRIOT Act, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the Iraq War."

Being in Thailand Im not privy to too much US news here,but from what I've read he seems like he's being supressed by the press...one can only wonder why.

Any thoughts on this guy....and if he is as good as he sounds...spread the word.

Watch these, they may give you a better idea of the man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExQfZC9E6j0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zex8uW_9pqo

And last but probably the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzFMo6w-hsk

DJ_Asia
06-01-2007, 05:50 AM

Watch these, they may give you a better idea of the man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExQfZC9E6j0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zex8uW_9pqo

And last but probably the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzFMo6w-hsk

Thanks man...as i posted in another thread Youtube is blocked in Thailand,but I finally found a proxy server to beat the block and will check it out as soon as I finish my AM coffee

Felicia Katt
06-01-2007, 07:22 AM
I loved his song SuperModel LOL

meow

FK

El Nino
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
This guy is a true constitutionalist... founding father material if you will. He is the people's favorite, but is censured and black-listed by the mainstream media because he is a true threat to the globalist dictator elitists... who own everything including the media. Also he questions the "official version of 911" hmmmm......
any coments?

GroobySteven
06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
This guy is a true constitutionalist... founding father material if you will. He is the people's favorite, but is censured and black-listed by the mainstream media because he is a true threat to the globalist dictator elitists... who own everything including the media. Also he questions the "official version of 911" hmmmm......
any coments?

Well said.

He's to much of an idealist to actually ever get anywhere near the bullshit you need to do to be nominated but all his ideas make sense to most people - except little facist shits, like Guiliani.

seanchai

DJ_Asia
06-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Man people in America gotta wake up check this guy out....the internet is a powerful tool...spread the word!

Heres his Myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

2vert
06-03-2007, 09:45 PM
any coments?

Ron Paul could save this world from the impending doom that goes by the trade names of the corpratocray, super-bankers, neo-conservatives, and ruling elite.

if you don't see eye-to-eye with his political aspirations and true-to-the-word constitutional principles then you are a retarded.

his underground(transending to overground rapidly) following is incredible!! do your research before you lay claim to knowing how many people give a fuck about Ron Paul.

Ron Paul for GOD

Felicia Katt
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Ron Paul may be a straight talker on a lot of issues, but he is "straight" right winger on a lot of social ones. He is pro-life and introduced legislation that would prohibit the Supreme Court from ruling on issues relating to abortion, birth control, the definition of marriage and homosexuality and states that the court's precedent in these areas would no longer be binding.

He is opposed to euthanasia.

He is opposed to gay rights. He is hiding his anti-gay record by claiming he voted agaonst the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004. But he has expressed support for the Federal Defense of Marriage Act and expressed his support for the Marriage Protection Act as an alternative to the FMA. He voted for banning gay adoptions in DC. He thinks the Supreme Court was wrong to tell Texas they couldn't criminalize private consensual sex. He thinks its ok for organizations, like the Boy Scouts, to discmininate against homosexuals and still use State resources.

He is also opposed to Federal human embryonic stem cell research

He supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. He is in favor of public displays on State property of the 10 Commandments.

He might be the best Republican candidate. But thats like saying he is the tallest midget, really.

FK

chefmike
06-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the eye-opener, FK. I knew after watching him in the GOP debate that he didn't have a chance at getting the GOP nod. But your insight regarding his stance on the above issues is very enlightening, and it should serve as a wake-up call to his supporters. But it's a moot point for me anyway, because there hasn't been a GOP prez candidate since I was of voting age that I've supported.

Solitary Brother
06-04-2007, 01:06 AM
I dont know much about him but he sounds interesting.
Im a FORMER green party guy from cali.......VERY LIBERAL.
I do however have some VERY conservative values........but I HATE the fascist REPUBS.
I voted almost straight Libertarian during the midterm election......

francisfkudrow
06-04-2007, 06:59 AM
He might be the best Republican candidate. But thats like saying he is the tallest midget, really.

FK

Ah Felicia, you're my kind of girl.

Realgirls4me
06-04-2007, 07:12 AM
One such as Ron Paul need not be "electable" in order to make a difference. If he, or anyone for that matter, can spawn and elevate the discussion and dialogue on why we were attacked, and what might be done to curb further attacks such as 9/11, then more power to them, and the better off we all become. On the mideast issue, not even Dennis Kucinich speaks like Paul did at the Republican debate two weeks ago. ...What's really scary and downright sad is how the other Republican candidates cling, suggest, and/or imply that the United States NEVER does anything wrong in foreign lands, and that the reason we were attacked was because of our way of life and our FREEDOMS.

Yeah, right.

qeuqheeg222
06-04-2007, 07:29 AM
god forbid we get into the clinton thing again...really almost twenty years of bush,clinton,bush and now another clinton...sounds like a oligarchy to me..

Cuchulain
06-04-2007, 04:10 PM
"He might be the best Republican candidate. But thats like saying he is the tallest midget, really" - Felicia Katt

Thank you Ms Katt. I think you put it perfectly.

Ron Paul is, from what I've seen, an honest man who has the courage to stick to his principles. He's not a raving, blood-drenched neocon like Cheney and Rumsfeld. He's a true conservative, believing in limited government and free enterprise.

'True' conservatives and neocons generally agree on quite a few issues ( if not always for the same reasons ). They oppose national health care, Social Security, government oversight of industry for the protection of workers, consumers and the environment ( OSHA, FDA and EPA ), federal student loans, unemployment compensation, regulations protecting Unions and the right to organize, minimum wage laws, federal housing assistance, a progressive income tax or even public education. Basically, they don't think that government should act as a backstop for people and protect the little guy from the excesses of the big guy.

Personally, I'll take the worst Democrat over the best Republican anyday.

El Nino
06-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Sorry to push the issue or inflict my opinion upon the general poplulace here, but Ron Paul is by far the best choice for the country and the world. His lack of support for gay marraige and the like, is FAR OUTWEIGHED by his support for re-enstating constitutional rights and civil liberties. He simply wants America to become America again. Educate yourselves

"Stop Dreaming"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8&mode=related&search=

LG
06-11-2007, 07:43 PM

I've seen him discussing things on youtube and read some of what he's said. He seems pretty good- for a Republican. But he won't win the GOP nomination. Still, at least he might push the other GOP candidates to look at improving their policies.

A question though (and I mean no offence to DJ_Asia- who I truly respect as a poster- I think this is a good topic for discussion). But why are some threads (like the one on Transgenderism in the Bible, which seemed to spark a lively but civil conversation) shunted to the Politics forum to die a slow death (since 99% of members avoid that forum) and others not?

I'm not saying that this thread should be buried there too- that would be a shame. But it is also a shame that some interesting topics are taken off this forum and placed there, where most people seem more intent to exchange insults and talk about party politics than grapple with serious issues.

And as a result, instead of discussing serious issues here, we end up having to wade through 20 polls a day.

tsntx
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Sorry to push the issue or inflict my opinion upon the general poplulace here, but Ron Paul is by far the best choice for the country and the world. His lack of support for gay marraige and the like, is FAR OUTWEIGHED by his support for re-enstating constitutional rights and civil liberties. He simply wants America to become America again. Educate yourselves

"Stop Dreaming"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8&mode=related&search=

thats your opinion... mine is vote for the canidate that is best representing issues that you are affected by... the war in iraq doesnt affect me... those kids signed up for that job, they re-enlist for it, and they die for it... im not going to feel sorry for someones choice at all... do i want the war to keep going? no. do i want the troops to pull out? yes. but fact is THEY choose to sign up... they were NOT drafted.

the issues that ron paul doesnt support are the ones that would affect my life personally and i dont like anyone that tells me what i can and cant do...

that and the douchebag was so drunk he ran into our boat w/ his at sunday island, fell into the water and then proceeded to yell at my family for being in his way... mind you were anchored and all on shore eating hotdogs when the drunk fuck hit our boat.

DJ_Asia
06-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I have unique perspective on things since I live fulltime over seas.On my little island where I live thousands of Euros and Aussies pour in on a daily basis.We have a small sweaty rank gym where I workout that attracts many a tourist and after the workout its not unusual for a group of us to gather outside and shoot the shit.Its truly sad to hear just how HATED America as a nation is,and despised for not just the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but also for other things such as the Katrina debacle and other social issues.These opinions arent coming from Arabs or Thai muslims...no,its coming from our "ällies"Germans,Aussies,Brits and the like.Since im one of very few yanks in Thailand im constantly asked t explain our govt's policies and decision making...like I have a fucking clue what those idiots in Washington are doing except making tons of cash by destroying countries and then giving the contracts to rebuild what we just blew up with out million dollar bombs to Haleburton.I mean how does one defend that?!?

At one time America wasnt viewed this way,perhaps not in my lifetime,but not too long ago.America IMO needs to get back to the Roosevelt mantra of "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

While im obviously not a fan of banning gay marriages or abortion limitations I do think Ron Paul clearly is the lone candidate hat could clean up Americas act and restore pride and respect to a nation that has slipped so far in the past 40 years its sickening.....and sad.

El Nino
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM
TSTNX wrote:
"thats your opinion... mine is vote for the canidate that is best representing issues that you are affected by... the war in iraq doesnt affect me... those kids signed up for that job, they re-enlist for it, and they die for it... im not going to feel sorry for someones choice at all... do i want the war to keep going? no. do i want the troops to pull out? yes. but fact is THEY choose to sign up... they were NOT drafted.

the issues that ron paul doesnt support are the ones that would affect my life personally and i dont like anyone that tells me what i can and cant do... "

Actually the issues that Ron Paul supports do in fact relate to critical issues that affect YOUR and every other citizen's life. I.E. restoring the REPUBLIC, restoring Habeus Corpus (your right to due process in a court of Law).. which Bushco has obliterated through patriot acts 1 and 2, and the military commisions act. Also, Ron Paul supports right to privacy and protection from unreasonable searches and seizures, and wants to end the fraudulent privatized federal reserve system, which steals your hard earned money. As well as right to free speech. He also speaks out against evil war profiteering, by defense contracting companies (Lockheed and Raytheon etc.) who make billions off manufacturing evil products of hell like tanks and missiles etc like He also wants to minimize government and put power into the people and state level. He is a true Republican, not one of these "Neocons" who give politics a bad name; Don't get them confused! To vote for someone who supports gay marraige but also supports the obliterating the Bill of Rights is very, very unwise in the bigger picture. There really is no better objective choice. He speaks truly and is a diamond in the rough. Earn the country back, vote for him and spread his word. The bought and sold media will not do it for us.
www.ronpaul2008.com

This guy is the only imminent hope at ending corruption and corporate controlled government...

By the way, research the event of 911..........

francisfkudrow
06-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Don't get them confused! To vote for someone who supports gay marraige but also supports the obliterating the Bill of Rights is very, very unwise in the bigger picture.

But conversely speaking, if someone is against gay marriage, how devoted to the Bill of Rights can they be? Now before someone says gay marriage is not mentioned in the Bill of Rights, keep in mind that the only legitimate reason to outlaw gay marriage is a religious one--its seen as immoral by the Christian faith, and the Bill of Rights guarantees freedom of religion in the 1st Amendment. So if gay marriage is outlawed, you want to marry someone of the same gender as yourself, and you're not Christian, your 1st Amendment rights are being violated!

It also pays to remember that government is not the only entity that can take away your freedoms. If big corporations are given too much freedom, they'll take away ours just as easily (probably easier) as the government could. We can see proof of this in how people in certain parts of the country cannot buy certain CDs because Wal-Mart doesn't sell them, and Wal-Mart is the only place in town to buy CDs. Wal-Mart has effectively outlawed them in those areas!

What we need is a candidate who can differentiate between individual freedom and corporate freedom, and be a defender of individual freedom. Whoever this candidate is, if he/she exists, they're probably not a Republican.

chefmike
06-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Don't get them confused! To vote for someone who supports gay marraige but also supports the obliterating the Bill of Rights is very, very unwise in the bigger picture.

But conversely speaking, if someone is against gay marriage, how devoted to the Bill of Rights can they be? Now before someone says gay marriage is not mentioned in the Bill of Rights, keep in mind that the only legitimate reason to outlaw gay marriage is a religious one--its seen as immoral by the Christian faith, and the Bill of Rights guarantees freedom of religion in the 1st Amendment. So if gay marriage is outlawed, you want to marry someone of the same gender as yourself, and you're not Christian, your 1st Amendment rights are being violated!

It also pays to remember that government is not the only entity that can take away your freedoms. If big corporations are given too much freedom, they'll take away ours just as easily (probably easier) as the government could. We can see proof of this in how people in certain parts of the country cannot buy certain CDs because Wal-Mart doesn't sell them, and Wal-Mart is the only place in town to buy CDs. Wal-Mart has effectively outlawed them in those areas!

What we need is a candidate who can differentiate between individual freedom and corporate freedom, and be a defender of individual freedom. Whoever this candidate is, if he/she exists, they're probably not a Republican.

Bingo! They most definitely won't be a repug in any way, shape, or manner...

As for bipartisanship? I'll hug your elephant when you kiss my ass!

Felicia Katt
06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
The America he apparently wants is the white-washed Christian one that was an illiusion of the 1950's. In addtion to opposition to gay rights, abortion and stem cell research, he hs espoused some very racist views in the past

Paul has said "Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action,"

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although "we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers"

In one issue of the Ron Paul Survival Report, the newsletter he published since 1985, he called former U.S. representative Barbara Jordan a "fraud" and a "half-educated victimologist."

He has also expressed some anti-semitic points of view. In another of his newsletters, Mr. Paul also wrote that "By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government" and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism.

He might have some good ideas, but not enough to make up for an otherwise very narrow mind.

FK

LG
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Felicia said:

Paul has said "Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action,"

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although "we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers"

I checked all this on the net and it seems you're right. I must say that he sounds like a racist. He has some good opinions on other things, but he's probably just another shitbag Republican after all.

He has also expressed some anti-semitic points of view. In another of his newsletters, Mr. Paul also wrote that "By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government" and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism.

I haven't seen a direct quote for the second point above, but I would hardly call the first point anti-Semitic. The Israeli government does not represent all Jewish people, just as your government does not represent all Americans. I may be opening a can of worms here, but I believe- and this is what I'm feeling as a person who is much closer to this geographically but, since my country does not have a strong Jewish lobby, some distance away politically- that Israel has been wrong in its treatment of Palestinians and was impetuous in its attack on Lebanon last year. Having Lebanese friends who risked their lives to escape to safety and knowing the course of events and the poor excuse that Israel had for invading (and the magnitude of Israel's retaliation compared to a minor provocation which nobody would have considered a casus bellum), I feel that I this is fair to say.

This does not make him (or me) an anti-Semite. I cannot accept that. Even my Jewish friends living in the UK and elsewhere soon grudgingly accepted that Israel may have been wrong.

I don't like my government either, and I sure as hell don't like yours, but that does not make me anti-American. Just because I think that it is wrong that regimes in Arabic countries mistreat women and oppress people does not mean I am anti- Muslim.

The US' unquestioning support of Israel often does not help things in the Middle East. I can see why Israel is so adamant in defending its land rights but their approach towards their neighbouring countries makes things worse and America's support tends to create a rift with other nations in the Middle East.

In any case, I don't vote in the US. If I did, I'd rather vote for Obama (assuming he wins the primaries).

guyone
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Obama? Not very practical.

LG
06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Obama? Not very practical.

I find him quite inspired and inspiring. He is a decent family man, with vision, new ideas and the will to carry them through. Compared to a monkey-faced millionaire moron from Texas and an entourage of sycophantic, conniving old farts led by a capitalist asshole who can't shoot straight and cares more for money than human lives, I'd say Obama would be quite an improvement. I think many people would agree.

francisfkudrow
06-13-2007, 06:55 AM
I recently received a myspace bulletin, talking about how Obama's mother was (all-caps) an ATHEIST and how his father was (all-caps) a MUSLIM. The bulletin ended with the author asking if this is the kind of person we want as President. (The author's response of course was no.)

This is just a sneak peek at the kind of smear campaign that's going to smash us Democrats over the head if Obama is the nominee. The GOP will have Americans believing that a vote for Obama is a vote for Osama Bin Laden himself.

If we don't nominate either John Edwards, Wesley Clarke or Bill Richardson, we're going to lose; plain and simple.

qeuqheeg222
06-13-2007, 08:12 AM
sad but most likely true francis..so sad for a country to claim to be the best in everything yet to be so ignorant on so many levels...and we are not NO.1 at everything anymore...stupid,ugly,ignorant,american deathsuckers said william s. burroughs

guyone
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
I think Obama's plans are very, very naive. Crazy gobbeldy gook health care ideas, schools in prisons, etc. How about rewarding the law abiding, middle class worker for a change?

In NYC Oxford offers a health care plan with pretty decent coverage for $4,800 per year which is about 10% of the average median income for Americans. Do you really think the government can do better? What about all the unemployed health care workers who will be out of work when they are no longer needed by the insurance companies. Some will work for the newly established national health care service as tenured civil servants who as we all know NEVER make mistakes and are so very sympathetic to our problems.

LG
06-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I think Obama's plans are very, very naive. Crazy gobbeldy gook health care ideas, schools in prisons, etc. How about rewarding the law abiding, middle class worker for a change?

In NYC Oxford offers a health care plan with pretty decent coverage for $4,800 per year which is about 10% of the average median income for Americans. Do you really think the government can do better? What about all the unemployed health care workers who will be out of work when they are no longer needed by the insurance companies. Some will work for the newly established national health care service as tenured civil servants who as we all know NEVER make mistakes and are so very sympathetic to our problems.

Naive? I just think they're a little progressive. The health care issue is a major one and perhaps some areas offer affordable health care plans but not all. Can the government offer quality health care at a lower cost? It has been done in Europe so why not?

As for health care workers being laid off, I think that if the economy grows they will find new jobs.

If we don't nominate either John Edwards, Wesley Clarke or Bill Richardson, we're going to lose; plain and simple.
Possibly true. If I were a Democrat, I wouldn't want John Edwards- he's been in the news for a number of wrong reasons. In most cases the criticism wasn't valid, but it won't help him.

Wesley Clark seems good. A war veteran, intelligent and seems reasonable enough about most things. But will he run?

Governor Bill Richardson I know very little about. Hillary seems the most likely to get the nomination, to me and she could win. Gore could win the presidency too, if they can get him to run in the primaries. But I do think that Barrack Obama would make the best president. He could usher in a new era for the US.

guyone
06-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Naive? I just think they're a little progressive. The health care issue is a major one and perhaps some areas offer affordable health care plans but not all. Can the government offer quality health care at a lower cost? It has been done in Europe so why not?

Ask princess Diana what she thinks about European health care. NY has one of the highest health care costs in the nation and its pretty affordable if you don't dump your weekly paycheck at a casino.

As for health care workers being laid off, I think that if the economy grows they will find new jobs.

OK so some people will get rehired by the government to work the rest will have to find other work. I guess those are the little details that get worked out when the dust settles. As a result the government will get less tax revenues because the insurance companies will be making considerably less. The answer - - - RAISE TAXES! So eventually businesses are paying 50% of their income in taxes like in France. There's an incentive for ya! Not to mention the economy will be growing at a record pace if businesses are forced to pay higher taxes....AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

qeuqheeg222
06-15-2007, 08:29 AM
healthcare costs have gone up by something like 85% in the last 10 yrs..so in yer great world of republican free markets and the made up such has the demand for medical care gone up 85% in this country?should the supply have raised prices 85% to meet this supposed demand?...p.s when you blame those dang illigal immigrants for this remember the number of them in this country tripled or quintupled under yer boy shrubya(he wants his big business bros to get all the cheap labor possible to compete with china?)...

guyone
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
And your point is?

Blank
06-17-2007, 08:19 PM
The America he apparently wants is the white-washed Christian one that was an illiusion of the 1950's. In addtion to opposition to gay rights, abortion and stem cell research, he hs espoused some very racist views in the past

In one issue of the Ron Paul Survival Report, the newsletter he published since 1985, he called former U.S. representative Barbara Jordan a "fraud" and a "half-educated victimologist."

He might have some good ideas, but not enough to make up for an otherwise very narrow mind.

FK

"The America he apparently wants is the white-washed Christian one that was an illiusion of the 1950's"

He wants countries to respect us and make friends with nations, something he never fails to mention when discussing foreign policy. He wants to return our civil liberties which are threatened by the Patriot Act and military commissions act.

The whole racial thing is explained here, whether you choose to believe it or not is your choice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul#Remarks_in_newsletter_on_race

*Yes I know, anyone can edit wikipedia but the info has a credible source. The reason I don't link to that is because you have to register and subscribe to the website to read it. The sources are linked in the wikipedia article.

El_hefe
06-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah, just to clarify felicia's misrepresentation of Pauls views.....he IS against all those things as FEDERALLY MANDATED laws, eg, if Portland OR wants to legalize gay marriage & Lubbock TX doesn't want to - that should be the citizens' perogative in both of those jurisdictions... Same with drug laws, consensual adult sex, etc.... San Francisco wouldn't have to have the same laws as Tulsa.
Also if you believe that individual rights should trump in this republic & any group, blacks or religious right, who largely side with political factions that want to federalize mandated behavior (hiring quotas, prayer in schools, eminent domain, the Drug War), you would characterize them as illogical without being racist or anti-God.[/list]

deecee
07-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Ron Paul is the only true candidate because he isn't running for President as a politician like the other candidates. He truly cares about this country and the constitution. He is not against the gay lifestyle. he just believes the states should make the decision and the Federal gov't should stay out of it. Imagine if you got your paycheck and it was touched by nobody. you get to keep 100% of it. Imagine you wanted a loan on a house or a car. Instead of going to bank to qualify and then paying a huge interest rate you would get the money that congress coined interest free. Ron Paul visions an America with very limited gov't. He believes that people should be in control of their own life. he said that sure maybe your neighbor might do something you don't approve of but as long as he doesn't try to harm or hurt you.. (which is the same line of what Thomas Jefferson said). Before you make judgment on him, listen to what he says and not what other people tell you he said (including this post) All the other candidates, Republican or democrat are all playing for the same team and all are getting funded from special interest groups who in return want to use the White house for their own personal agendas. And if they help put a man in the White House they are going to want the favor returned which usually isn't in the best interest of the American people.

qeuqheeg222
07-05-2007, 06:35 AM
people will often believe a simple lie,no matter how bad then think through the complex truth...history and religion are the beginning of this human apathy..and still to this "enlightened" day in th 21st century we find ourselves fightin tribal and sectarian or religious violence akin to the middle ages circa a.d.1000......