View Full Version : morbid interests

General Disarray
05-31-2007, 01:31 AM
I have always had this problem since back when I was a kiddie.
I have this unbridled fascination of serial killers. It's odd because normally I'm a happy-go-lucky guy. But I love to read a good book about a psychopath on a rampage. I have an enzyclopedic knowledge of them. From Charles Albright (famed for taking his victim's eyes) to Ed Gein (Crazed necrophile who dressed up in woman's skin in hopes of emulating and becoming his mother.)
It's odd I also enjoy light comedies in my free time.

It always ruins the moment when you bring it up around friends.

Discuss:
serial killers
any odd interests you have

TheOne1
05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
..without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1011/1011_satan_at_party.jpg

Jericho
05-31-2007, 02:03 AM
Discuss:
serial killers
any odd interests you have

Yah, cannibalism.
Cultural, criminal and survival.
It's always fascinated me. 8)

Coroner
05-31-2007, 02:28 AM
What´s the difference between serial killers and army generals or their higher commanders?.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uh2gcnGUcI

trish
05-31-2007, 02:42 AM
What´s the difference between serial killers and army generals or their higher commanders?.....

the higher commanders don't literally have to get their hands bloody...though i take your point, metaphorically.

Jericho
05-31-2007, 02:57 AM

Surely, a better equation would be "what's the difference between serial killers and politicians"?

Don't forget Albert Fish and Jeffrey Dahmer for the list of famous cannibals.

Fritz Haarmann's a personal favourite.
Sick and twisted fuck, he was.

Jericho
05-31-2007, 03:07 AM
You think he topped Albert Fish?

I don't think they ever met, but, ya never know.....! :shock:
Sorry, i couldn't resist it!

Well, they're all on the same plain, whether he was worse or not's open to debate.

Jericho
05-31-2007, 03:23 AM
After a quick read, It seems that Fritz Haarmann may have inspired the 1930 German film "M" starring Peter Lorre. I'm not sure about that though....

I've not see that film, i'll look it up.
Same kind of thing, a good film to look out for is "Citizen X" if you've not seen it.
All about the hunt for the Russian, Chikatillo.