PDA

View Full Version : Gay flamingos pick up chick.....

chefmike
05-24-2007, 04:16 AM
I wonder if they're pink flamingos?

Gay flamingos pick up chick
Mon May 21, 12:03 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years, a British conservation organisation said Monday.

Carlos and Fernando had been desperate to start a family, even chasing other flamingos from their nests to take over their eggs at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in Slimbridge near Bristol.

But their egg-sitting prowess made them the top choice for taking an unhatched egg under their wings when one of the Greater Flamingo nests was abandoned.

The couple, together for six years, can feed chicks by producing milk in their throats.

"Fernando and Carlos are a same sex couple who have been known to steal other flamingos' eggs by chasing them off their nest because they wanted to rear them themselves," said WWT spokeswoman Jane Waghorn.

"They were rather good at sitting on eggs and hatching them so last week, when a nest was abandoned, it seemed like a good idea to make them surrogate parents."

Gay flamingos are not uncommon, she added.

"If there aren't enough females or they don't hit it off with them, they will pair off with other males," she said.

whatsupwithat
05-24-2007, 04:18 AM
pink? yep. they are.

i love this story. leave it to the animal kingdom to evolve faster than us.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-24-2007, 04:20 AM
LMAO, this is the gayest thread ever fabricated on HA. It's also one of the most hilarious. Thanks for posting............

chefmike
05-24-2007, 04:40 AM
How could I not post it?

Vala_TS
05-24-2007, 07:51 AM
I read this news story today. At first glance of the title, I thought it meant they picked up a female for a threesome!

Vala,

Vala_TS
05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Removed duplicate post.

xfiver
05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I read this news story today. At first glance of the title, I thought it meant they picked up a female for a threesome!

Vala,

are gay flamingos on the list?

hetero flamingos for that matter?

LG
05-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I wonder if they're pink flamingos?

Gay flamingos pick up chick
Mon May 21, 12:03 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years, a British conservation organisation said Monday.

Carlos and Fernando had been desperate to start a family, even chasing other flamingos from their nests to take over their eggs at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in Slimbridge near Bristol.

But their egg-sitting prowess made them the top choice for taking an unhatched egg under their wings when one of the Greater Flamingo nests was abandoned.

The couple, together for six years, can feed chicks by producing milk in their throats.

"Fernando and Carlos are a same sex couple who have been known to steal other flamingos' eggs by chasing them off their nest because they wanted to rear them themselves," said WWT spokeswoman Jane Waghorn.

"They were rather good at sitting on eggs and hatching them so last week, when a nest was abandoned, it seemed like a good idea to make them surrogate parents."

Gay flamingos are not uncommon, she added.

"If there aren't enough females or they don't hit it off with them, they will pair off with other males," she said.

Carlos and Fernando?

Well, I don't know, whatever floats their boat. I think it's kind of a sweet story. Carlos and Fernando are the pioneers of the flamingo world. They could teach the republicans a thing or two- mostly about eating algae and crustaceans (which is, apparently, the reason they are pink).

http://www.flamingonightmares.com/gallery/love-birds-2.jpg

LG
05-24-2007, 04:38 PM

Vala,

:D LOL

I'm not sure they would fit xfiver. And I think she's still working her way through the box of Lego.

chefmike
05-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Vala,

I'm not sure they would fit xfiver. And I think she's still working her way through the box of Lego.

I wouldn't underestimate Vala's determination, LG....at the very least I think that she would manage to shove the flamingo's head up her no doubt already gaping orifice.

LG
05-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Vala,

I wouldn't underestimate Vala's determination, LG....at the very least I think that she would manage to shove the flamingo's head up her no doubt already gaping orifice.

or she could try it the other way

V V V

muhmuh
05-24-2007, 07:37 PM

im getting a very disturbing idea what the penny arcade giraffe comic really was about
"those long necks. _so_ slender"

Coroner
05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
they´re not gay as the names they got :lol:

Vala_TS
05-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Vala,

or she could try it the other way

V V V

Oh my! You guys are just too much! Lol. Those are great ones. No, I haven't stuck any live animals up my ass. I'm still trying to get the wine bottle up my ass at the fat end.

Vala,