If you don't believe I'll understand
You recall a girl that's been in nearly every song
This is what I heard, of course the story could be wrong
She's the one, I've been told
Now, she's wearing a band of gold
Harisu got married not long ago

From the Sydney Morning Herald:

Korean transsexual singer ties the knot

A South Korean transsexual entertainer, whose sex change helped the country to change its family registry laws, has married.

The 32-year-old male-to-female singer, who goes by the stage name Harisu, married her 27-year-old rapper boyfriend at a ceremony attended by many of the country's top celebrities.

The surgeon who performed Harisu's sex change operation in 1995 acted as the ceremonial head of the wedding. The couple will spend their honeymoon in Koh Samui, Thailand.

"I will become a wife who cooks well and is sweet, sexy and like a friend," Harisu told a news conference before the wedding. "We will adopt two boys and two girls."

Transsexualism became a hot topic in South Korea after Harisu was granted a petition by a lower court to change gender in the family registry in 2002.

In June 2006, South Korea's Supreme Court ruled transsexuals who have had medical treatment such as sex change operations can legally change their sex in their family registry, a crucial legal document for citizens.

The family registry and unique personal identification numbers associated with it form the basis of almost all aspects of South Koreans' lives, from getting a job, claiming medical insurance, and even subscribing to a mobile phone service.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-05/19/xin_2820504191942750308844.jpg

I'm happy for her. A true pioneer who helped to improve things for transgirls and their admirers in Korea, and from what it seems, not just a beautiful girl but a clever and sweet one too.

I hope she is always happy.

Fox
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
That's kickass. Very inspiring.

skyler
05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
lucky ass guy 8)

suckseed
05-23-2007, 11:41 PM
she's a beauty.

Dengoza
05-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I am a big fan of Harisu. She is an inspiration for so many. Congratulations to Harisu!!!!!

arc angel
05-24-2007, 01:28 AM
so there is hope... love is real ?....

Rogers
05-24-2007, 01:31 AM
I've never heard of her before, but she looks truly stunning, :shock: and I wish her the best.

Ecstatic
05-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Congrats, Harisu!

(As if she reads HA....)

That is wonderful news.

arc angel
05-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Rogers, welcome to the board ranger.