View Full Version : `91 GulfWarTroops Exposed to Sarin(NoWMDs!)Reuters

White_Male_Canada
05-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Troops exposed to sarin risk brain damage: report

Scientists have found evidence that the kind of low-level exposure to sarin gas experienced by more than 100,000 U.S. troops in the first Gulf war can cause "lasting brain deficits," The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

While the results are preliminary, scientists working with the U.S. Department of Defense said they found apparent changes in the brain's connective tissue -- known as white matter -- in soldiers exposed to the gas.

The extent of the changes -- less white matter and slightly larger brain cavities -- correspond to the extent of exposure, the Times reported on its Web site. The results are to be published in the June issue of the journal NeuroToxicology, it said.

The report is likely to revive the debate over why so many troops returned from the 1991 Gulf conflict with unexplained physical problems. Many scientists have questioned whether Gulf war-related illnesses have a physiological basis.

Far more research will have to be done before it is known whether those illnesses can be traced to exposure to sarin, the Times reported, and the long-term effects of sarin exposure on the brain are not well understood.

The Times said several lawmakers briefed on the study say the Department of Veterans Affairs is obligated to provide increased neurological care to veterans who may have been exposed to sarin gas.

The article named Sen. Patty Murray (news, bio, voting record), a Washington state Democrat, and Christopher Bond (news, bio, voting record), a Missouri Republican.

Approximately one in seven of the 700,000 troops deployed in the first Gulf war experienced a mysterious set of ailments, with problems including persistent fatigue, chronic headaches, joint pain and nausea, the paper noted in the story to appear in Thursday's print edition.

The Veterans Affairs department says those symptoms persist today for more than 150,000 troops, more than the number of troops exposed to the gases.

In a companion study, researchers tested 140 troops thought to have experienced differing degrees of exposure to the chemical agents to check their fine motor coordination.

Individuals with potentially greater exposure had a deterioration in fine motor skills, performing the tests at a level similar to people 20 years their senior, the Times said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070517/us_nm/veterans_sarin_dc

guyone
05-19-2007, 07:33 AM
You can lead a donkey to water but you can't actually expect him to think. They think what the party lets them think. Forget logic or history.

qeuqheeg222
05-20-2007, 07:33 AM
yeah and all that depleted uranium armor?

specialk
05-21-2007, 12:55 AM
:P :P

chefmike
05-21-2007, 02:37 AM
You can lead a donkey to water but you can't actually expect him to think. They think what the party lets them think. Forget logic or history.

WTF? Forget logic or history? You're making even less sense than usual, gumpone. It's no secret to anyone who knows anything about the military(that would leave you and White-Mounted_Canadian out) is aware that our troops came home from Gulf 1 with war-related medical problems, much in the same way that Vietnam vets suffered from agent orange...

LG
05-21-2007, 03:43 AM

WTF? Forget logic or history? You're making even less sense than usual, gumpone. It's no secret to anyone who knows anything about the military(that would leave you and White-Mounted_Canadian out) is aware that our troops came home from Gulf 1 with war-related medical problems, much in the same way that Vietnam vets suffered from agent orange...

Very true. Now why that article or its content have been posted by a right wing member sure beats me? Is he just saying that sarin gas is bad for you? I'm not sure. Is he saying this has anything to do with the non-existent WMDs? Again, I'm not sure. I don't understand why he posts the things he posts. I'm not even sure he does either.

White_Male_Canada
05-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Scientists have found evidence that the kind of low-level exposure to sarin gas experienced by more than 100,000 U.S. troops in the first Gulf war can cause "lasting brain deficits," The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Nothing to see here people. Keep moving ! 8)

LG
05-21-2007, 07:18 AM

Yeah, we got that, but 40 vials of suspected Sarin gas found in a briefcase is someone's house does not explain away the invasion of a nation on the pretext that Saddam had WMDs.

And everyone already knew that Sarin gas is bad for you, so you're wasting your time and hours by posting huge chunks of news stories.

Unless you are trying to tell us that you have "lasting brain deficits" too.

White_Male_Canada
05-21-2007, 07:35 AM

Yeah, we got that, but 40 vials of suspected Sarin gas found in a briefcase is someone's house does not explain away the invasion of a nation on the pretext that Saddam had WMDs.

And everyone already knew that Sarin gas is bad for you, so you're wasting your time and hours by posting huge chunks of news stories.

WMD`s were not the pretext to the liberation of Iraq. You`re either ignorant of the narrative of just the usual left-wing propagandist.

It was already US policy and law called the Iraq liberation act signed by Clinton. Add to that the violated Un resolutions, the attacks on coalition jets over no fly zones, Saddam`s sponsorship of terrorism now proven by his government`s own documents and Public Law 107-243, all adds up to you don`t know what the fuck you`re talking about. 8)

ps: please honor your word and cease replying with your usual 1/2 truths and agw religious doctrines.

LG
05-21-2007, 01:31 PM

WMD`s were not the pretext to the liberation of Iraq. You`re either ignorant of the narrative of just the usual left-wing propagandist.

It was already US policy and law called the Iraq liberation act signed by Clinton. Add to that the violated Un resolutions, the attacks on coalition jets over no fly zones, Saddam`s sponsorship of terrorism now proven by his government`s own documents and Public Law 107-243, all adds up to you don`t know what the fuck you`re talking about. 8)

ps: please honor your word and cease replying with your usual 1/2 truths and agw religious doctrines.

I can post what I like. Unlike you, I actually also tend to make sense.

You failed to answer most of my post, as usual, focusing on one sentence.

Saying that Saddam's violation of UN resolutions gave the US just cause is a joke, considering that a Security Council decision needs to be made before action can be authorized and also considering how many others break UN resolutions but are not invaded simply becuase the US prefers to leave them alone. From the UN point of view, America's invasion was illegal and the Secretary General said as much. You can read that last line again, if you like.

And no matter what you spew, there was at least an impression given at the time of the invasion that the war was about WMDs (not found, apart from assorted vials of sarin and the like) and Saddam's ties to Al-Qaeda (not proven, despite the drivel you have posted over the last few months). The American people were told that Saddam had WMDs and the Al-Qaeda connection was underlined so much that people in the US even started to think that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

Then they told us it was all about regime change, conveniently forgetting about all the other regimes around the world and also forgetting how Saddam was America's buddy during the Reagan years. This regime was one that was supported by the US.

Your interminable drone is pretty fucking monotonous. Your refusal to think about what anyone other than Fox News and the Bush administration might be saying is irritating to say the least.

With every new post, you contradict yourself and make yourself look sillier.

chefmike
05-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Yup, we liberated 'em real good, yessiree....

Quinn
05-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Says the sissy who was recently caught in an outright lie, yet again. Seriously, you accusing anyone of replying with half-truths or any other duplicity is akin to Jessica Simpson calling someone else slow witted: utter hypocrisy. Keep the laughs and the irrelevance coming, nancy boy.

-Quinn

LG
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM

Yep, if that's liberation, I'd rather be a prisoner.
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/09/09/fallujah_wideweb__430x301.jpg
http://www.chris-floyd.com/march/children.jpg

White_Male_Canada
05-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Havent you heard !? Over 600,000 civilians were killed by those jackbooted thugs known as American GI`s ! It`s true, Rosie Odonnell said so on the View ! :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

LG
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM

Havent you heard !? Over 600,000 civilians were killed by those jackbooted thugs known as American GI`s ! It`s true, Rosie Odonnell said so on the View ! :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

El-oh-fucking-el, moron. Those kids were killed in US attacks. I'm not saying that the US pilots and troops intended to kill them, but they sure fucked up big time.

And I don't watch Rosie O' Donnell, anyway.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/bozo_913.jpg
White_Male_Clown

White_Male_Canada
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM

El-oh-fucking-el, moron. Those kids were killed in US attacks. I'm not saying that the US pilots and troops intended to kill them, but they sure fucked up big time.

And I don't watch Rosie O' Donnell, anyway.

No, 600,000 civilians ya dumb fuck of a limey !!! Just like Dresden right ya buck-toothed inbred Brit !? Rosie read it in the Lancet so it must be true ! :lol:

LG
05-21-2007, 08:12 PM
How much of a moron are you?

Do you even read a post before answering? And do you read your crap before you post?

And I'm not British, fucktard (as if that would be a bad thing)!

Fucking clown!

White_Male_Canada
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
How much of a moron are you?

Do you even read a post before answering? And do you read your crap before you post?

And I'm not British, fucktard (as if that would be a bad thing)!

Fucking clown!

Heh-heh. If this "moron" whoops your intellectual candy ass on a continual basis, what does that make you !? Even when I told you long ago, you STILL took the bait in my other post! :lol:

" Nothing to see here people. Move along, keep moving. All those dual use chemicals stored at Saddam`s army bases? Uhh, pay no attention to that either !"

LG
05-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Why don't you just shut up and save yourself the embarassment asswipe. A truck in the courtyard of a house isn't exactly an army base.

As for your tactic of "baiting", what it really means is that you spout any old shit just to get us to react and then wet yourself under the deluded impression that you are in the right.

Whooped my ass? You're kidding me. The only way we could ever be on the same level would be if I got myself a lobotomy.

White_Male_Canada
05-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Why don't you just shut up and save yourself the embarassment asswipe. A truck in the courtyard of a house isn't exactly an army base.

As for your tactic of "baiting", what it really means is that you spout any old shit just to get us to react and then wet yourself under the deluded impression that you are in the right.

Whooped my ass? You're kidding me. The only way we could ever be on the same level would be if I got myself a lobotomy.

A lobotomy would require possessing a brain you anencephalic empty headed idiot 8)

Go to bed.

qeuqheeg222
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
u.s. troops exposed to depleted uranium too...