PDA

View Full Version : THUG 4 LYFE

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
what is the whole thug thing about?
When did being a criminal become a dashing thing outside of films?
What is their appeal or allure?
Why does it seem like so many woman like them?
How does a thug respect himself?
God bless America?

MrsKellyPierce
05-15-2007, 12:15 AM
G you making fun of my hur...You trippn boo

DavidLynch
05-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Those two guys are about as thuggy as Benny Hinn is a healer.

MrsKellyPierce
05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Those two guys are about as thuggy as Benny Hinn is a healer. :lol:

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
ERASERHEAD!!!!!!!
BLEEDING CHICKENS!!!!!

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:17 AM
MAN! I AIN'T NO PUNK ASS BITCH!
U GUNNA PUT THAT SHIT IN MAH HAND OR R U GUNNA OWE?

MrsKellyPierce
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM
U GUNNA PUT THAT SHIT IN MAH HAND OR R U GUNNA OWE? Oh you want me to put it in your hand huh? What you gonna do with it?

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:22 AM
U GUNNA PUT THAT SHIT IN MAH HAND OR R U GUNNA OWE? Oh you want me to put it in your hand huh? What you gonna do with it?
Give it to my BABY momma 4 her to stop takin me to court 4 child support 4rreal

TsVanessa69
05-15-2007, 12:23 AM
those were not thugs, but the whole thug thing does turn me on! I have a couple in my collection, sometimes thugs and transexuals can relate on many levels, as we are both outcasts to general society. Oh and they have better weed connects!

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:24 AM
those were not thugs, but the whole thug thing does turn me on! I have a couple in my collection, sometimes thugs and transexuals can relate on many levels, as we are both outcasts to general society. Oh and they have better weed connects!
comic nerds are outcasts too
how do you feel about them?
exactly

TsVanessa69
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM
those boys are not thugs, did anybody notice the one guys tatoo's are drawn with a Sharpie marker? come on, give me something better than that

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:27 AM
those boys are not thugs, did anybody notice the one guys tatoo's are drawn with a Sharpie marker? come on, give me something better than that
If I put on a gold chain and sell drugs am I a thug?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM

so basically what you are saying is that a thug who can whine & bitch about how miserable it is day to day and then roll up a blunt and temporarily smoke their mental pain away is someone you can relate to better than that guy working a 9-5?

LG
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM

Hell, even Benny Hill was probably more of a healer than Benny Hinn. As for the twats in the photo, no comment.

You don't change the world by pretending to be a "gangsta", but by speaking up against what's wrong.

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM
wait, what's in my hand now?

MrsKellyPierce
05-15-2007, 12:38 AM
wait, what's in my hand now? lol

TsVanessa69
05-15-2007, 12:39 AM

so basically what you are saying is that a thug who can whine & bitch about how miserable it is day to day and then roll up a blunt and temporarily smoke their mental pain away is someone you can relate to better than that guy working a 9-5?
Nah, jus we do what we do how we do it. We can relate on SOME levels better than said "average" joe with the wife and kids and the office job. We fight to survive, we get dirty looks and scuffed at by those guys who have 9-5 jobs, and this post I thought was supposed to be light and fun, not a deep ass psyco analasis of hugs and what type of men ts are attracted too, if it was, i'm shure he would have choosen a pic of a real thug and not the wanna be thugs.

TsVanessa69
05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
If I put on a gold chain and sell drugs am I a thug?
No cuz not all thugs sell drugs, but if we use that body of yours with a couple chains and a nice cap tilted to the side, we would have some pretty hott nasty sex and I would let you hit it doggy while I take a pull on the blunt! :twisted:

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
ohhhhh
well I thought we were talking about hostess cupcakes
I suppose I would strike up a casual conversation and ask you to accompany to a night on the town

Jericho
05-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Hell, even Benny Hill was probably more of a healer than Benny Hinn. As for the twats in the photo, no comment.

Don't be dissin' Benny!

TJ347
05-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Well, the word "thug" itself is derived from the Thuggee cult once active in northern India, which were a sort of assassin's guild. Of course, this is totally irrelevant, so I'll move on. Now where to begin...
The "thug" mentality is tied to the need of some men to prove their masculinity to others as well as themselves, and is all about one "keepin' it real". Because pursuing educational and (legitimate) employment opportunities is not "keepin' it real", an individual who embraces the "thug" mentality can avoid confronting the fact they are themselves the biggest impediment to making any real progress in their lives, as they continue to spend their time engaged in all manner of bullshit that leaves them either going in and out of jail, or going nowhere at all. I lived in Trenton, NJ for a few years, and saw the "thug" epidemic grow out of control, to where the Bloods have virtually taken over the inner city there. I have cousins who still live in Trenton, who are convinced I'm a "sell-out" because I want more out of life than to live in a government subsidized rathole in a shit part of town and finance my lifestyle through selling crack and weed to local dope fiends and suburban white kids, as if they are somehow more "black" than I am because they're willing to settle for less, and indeed expect less from themselves than I do.
Anyway, most girls like "bad boys", especially when those girls are young and inexperienced in life, and "thugs" (real ones, that is) are definitely "bad", in more ways than one. However, when these girls get their minds right and grow up, the overwhelming majority look for a man that has his shit in order and is actually going somewhere in life, leaving behind the low expectation-having "thug", who with the passing of years eventually winds up, if he's lucky, as that forty year old dude riding what is obviously a little girl's bicycle down the street, as the kids half his age drive by. That's where that "thug" bullshit gets you.

TomSelis
05-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Can't judge a thug by appearance, I've seen some hard looking dudes that were pussies. At the same time I've seen guys like 5'6 wearing a turquiose polo shirt open a can of whoop-ass, UFC style.

But other than that.....not this again!!!

MrsKellyPierce
05-15-2007, 01:08 AM
ohhhhh
I suppose I would strike up a casual conversation and ask you to accompany to a night on the town :lol: :lol: :lol: thats just a waste of time lets get down to business

peggygee
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Gee, last week was post op appreciation week.

This week, must be 'thug appreciation week'.

All I'm gonna say is "y'all gonna make me lose
my mind, up in here, 'fo real'.

:roll:

Perhaps in the land of 'dungeons and dragons'
where the fair maiden in the tower has a 'victim'
complex, does every woman want a 'bad boy'.

Maybe, on the Springer, Dr Phil, or Bobby and Whitney
show, do all women want a bad boy.

Yes, some women are dysfunctional, perhaps masochistic,
and feel that bad love is better than no love.

But any emotionally and spiritually healthy woman is going
to want the guy that will treat her right.

Give me a 'square' that goes to work every day over the
guy that is constantly beating me, arguing with me,
disrespecting me.

Give me the bus driver over the guy who is 'slinging'
on the corner wearing a ton of bling, who is always
calling me at 3 in the morning to come bail him out,
if he calls at all.

I'd prefer the school teacher to the rapper, who has been
shot so many times, he sets off the metal detector at the
airport when we travel, and is fucking all the groupies.

I'm down with the computer technician who laughs with me,
cries with me, talks things through with me. I' rather have him
than the bad boy, who if he raises his hand to me one more time,
fucks my sister, my cousin, or one of my friends ,one more time,
will find that's, the last time.

Maybe 'girls' want 'bad boys', but 'real women', want 'real men'.

peggygee
05-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Well, the word "thug" itself is derived from the Thuggee cult once active in northern India, which were a sort of assassin's guild. Of course, this is totally irrelevant, so I'll move on. Now where to begin...

The "thug" mentality is tied to the need of some men to prove their masculinity to others as well as themselves, and is all about one "keepin' it real". Because pursuing educational and (legitimate) employment opportunities is not "keepin' it real", an individual who embraces the "thug" mentality can avoid confronting the fact they are themselves the biggest impediment to making any real progress in their lives, as they continue to spend their time engaged in all manner of bullshit that leaves them either going in and out of jail, or going nowhere at all. I lived in Trenton, NJ for a few years, and saw the "thug" epidemic grow out of control, to where the Bloods have virtually taken over the inner city there.

I have cousins who still live in Trenton, who are convinced I'm a "sell-out" because I want more out of life than to live in a government subsidized rathole in a shit part of town and finance my lifestyle through selling crack and weed to local dope fiends and suburban white kids, as if they are somehow more "black" than I am because they're willing to settle for less, and indeed expect less from themselves than I do.

Anyway, most girls like "bad boys", especially when those girls are young and inexperienced in life, and "thugs" (real ones, that is) are definitely "bad", in more ways than one.

However, when these girls get their minds right and grow up, the overwhelming majority look for a man that has his shit in order and is actually going somewhere in life, leaving behind the low expectation-having "thug", who with the passing of years eventually winds up, if he's lucky, as that forty year old dude riding what is obviously a little girl's bicycle down the street, as the kids half his age drive by. That's where that "thug" bullshit gets you.

^Co-sign ^

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 02:19 AM

Nah, jus we do what we do how we do it. We can relate on SOME levels better than said "average" joe with the wife and kids and the office job. We fight to survive, we get dirty looks and scuffed at by those guys who have 9-5 jobs, and this post I thought was supposed to be light and fun, not a deep ass psyco analasis of hugs and what type of men ts are attracted too, if it was, i'm shure he would have choosen a pic of a real thug and not the wanna be thugs.
you are too kind

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 02:34 AM
ohhhhh
I suppose I would strike up a casual conversation and ask you to accompany to a night on the town :lol: :lol: :lol: thats just a waste of time lets get down to business
Alright!
Stock exchange tyme!
(I'm not good at dirty talk)

General Disarray
05-15-2007, 03:11 AM
thread is dead

chefmike
05-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Oh and they have better weed connects! Obviously you don't know any surfers, toots....

whatsupwithat
05-15-2007, 04:45 AM
Pffft.

Nothing new, been around since the beginning of time. The last 'thugs" you might be acquainted with here in America were the Mafia.

Btw, this recent incarnation, they've become ridiculous. They're like some sort of parody of thugs. You want "thugs" go back to the time of Crack when the shiat started taking shape. Those were scarey-ass thugs. What you have today is a bunch of posers. "Keepin' it real" they ain't.

whatsupwithat
05-15-2007, 04:47 AM
Oh and they have better weed connects! Obviously you don't know any surfers, toots....

Biggest stoners I ever met were the guys I used to surf with on the west coast years ago.

tsntx
05-15-2007, 05:42 AM

co sign[/b]

whatsupwithat
05-15-2007, 05:53 AM

co sign[/b]

There's hope!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-15-2007, 06:49 AM
I was NEVER into THUGS! I view them as retarded, fuckwits, alcoholics, druggies, playa's and a complete waste of any girls time. LOL Maybe not all of those qualities ring true for every thug, but Im pretty sure each one exhibit one or two of the above. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

whatsupwithat
05-15-2007, 06:53 AM
I was NEVER into THUGS! I view them as retarded, fuckwits, alcoholics, druggies, playa's and a complete waste of any girls time. LOL Maybe not all of those qualities ring true for every thug, but Im pretty sure each one exhibit one or two of the above. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

No, no, that about sums it up. :)

fugaziosbourne
05-15-2007, 07:01 AM

co sign[/b]

There's hope!
I second that...Hardcore is getting your ass out of bed and going to work when you don't feel like it.Bad-Ass is keeping your shit together and making a contribution.Any moron can wake up and do absolutely nothing to better themselves.

MrsKellyPierce
05-15-2007, 07:04 AM
I do it..I do it..I do it..While You Bitches Talking..I'll Be Hater Walking...Got my middle finger up..so all you bitches know what's up! lol now I'm ghetto woot woot

DCBallin
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
smh @ the amount of stereotyping going on in here

Bmore_Authentic
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Be E Z pimp'n...do you and let us do us...it's enough azz for everybody playa.

Coroner
05-15-2007, 09:13 PM
..... so many people here in europe are obsessed with that thug and "gangsta" stuff..... I got no clue what thatīs supposed to mean..... sorry but Iīm laughing about this because it doesnīt make sense..... itīs not a culture or a movement, itīs nothing..... a trend and most of those guys are retarded..... but live your life as you want, I know most of them will mutilate into something different because itīs not something you live but a trend..... I wonder what will be next wannabe-trend

Kabuki
05-17-2007, 06:54 AM
A true thug with his Jesus cross around his neck...lol

werwt22
05-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Thug is too loose of a term today to give it one specific definition. I can go outside with a due rag, timbs, and wifebeater on and get called a thug. A lot of people base it off of appearance, like others base it on the way you act, while others base it on if you always have to respond to everything loud and defensively like your always forced to prove your masculinity, or like others base it off of being quick to fight. When people use it in a good way its like saying a little rough around the edges, or like saying a man living on the wild side that lives a little dangerously. It all depends on how you use it. Not necessarily bad nowadays.

ottorocket
05-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I live the Hug life. Anyone want one?

TJ347
05-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Thug is too loose of a term today to give it one specific definition. I can go outside with a due rag, timbs, and wifebeater on and get called a thug. A lot of people base it off of appearance, like others base it on the way you act, while others base it on if you always have to respond to everything loud and defensively like your always forced to prove your masculinity, or like others base it off of being quick to fight. When people use it in a good way its like saying a little rough around the edges, or like saying a man living on the wild side that lives a little dangerously. It all depends on how you use it. Not necessarily bad nowadays.

While I understand what you're saying to a degree, I just don't see where the word "thug" can be used "in a good way", just like I don't see how the "N-word" (I'm trying to be a bit more politically correct these days) can be used in a positive manner. This is something that there is, of course, no concensus on, but I do recall seeing some half-assed survey somewhere online that showed college aged black people, who were actually in college, found the "N-word" to be unacceptable for use, even among black people. Although I wouldn't call the results of this survey definitive proof, I do believe the results would hold true if expanded to a wider number of individuals, and that these same individuals would also not look kindly upon being called a "thug", as the connotations of the word are similarly offensive.

General Disarray
05-18-2007, 12:28 AM
I live the Hug life. Anyone want one?
I like your outlook on life

Jericho
05-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I can go outside with a due rag, timbs, and wifebeater on and get called a thug.

I assume these are fashion items? :?

General Disarray
05-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I can go outside with a due rag, timbs, and wifebeater on and get called a thug.

pretty much

Jericho
05-18-2007, 12:55 AM

pretty much

And would one care to elaborate?

TJ347
05-18-2007, 01:32 AM

pretty much

I think it says more than enough that some people call a tank top a "wifebeater". I suppose that's for the purpose of making it sound more masculine than "tank top". Wife beating, I take it, is thus a manly thing to do, and in this way an article of clothing subliminally reinforces yet another negative.

Jericho
05-18-2007, 01:58 AM
I think it says more than enough that some people call a tank top a "wifebeater". I suppose that's for the purpose of making it sound more masculine than "tank top". Wife beating, I take it, is thus a manly thing to do, and in this way an article of clothing subliminally reinforces yet another negative.

Wifebeater = Tank Top
That's had me stumped for weeks! :lol:

werwt22
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM

pretty much

A due rag is a piece of cloth you tie around your head that squares off in the back and hangs down. Wife beater = tank top. timbs=timberlands (boots basically).

crayons
05-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I'ma get that, dough and fuck with dem, hoes
Young ladied that know me know Scrappy's a, pro
Fill up at the, bar go get a mas-sage
Find me a couple we can make it a, me-nage
You be tryin, hard but nigga don't, start
You be doin shit is gon' get you to the, morgue
I go get that, paper a mega fuckin watch
I be pullin out knots, that can buy me a, yacht
Hold on baby, please, go get on yo', knees
If you don't do it for me then do it for the, cheese (yea)
I got extra weed (yea) money long like sleeves (yea)
If a nigga try to creep, I got extra heat
Got a bank account {*cha-ching*} with a large amount
If a nigga wanna talk, nigga we can let it bounce (bounce)
Take it outside, nigga fuck fallin back
Killers run up in the club, ballin with a bigger stack

I got money in the bank (yea), shawty what you drank X2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S62PrdruRTU)

Two step with me, let me show you how it goes
The Murciélago, lemme show you how it rolls
I got a Bentley that I only drove one time
50 bought it for me shorty but it's still mine
My Chevy clean and the paint look like lemon-lime
You wanna shine, it ain't hard, just get on your grind
We keep a bankroll, wallet full of credit cards
Cup full of Cristal, box full of cigars
Dirty South tatted on my back, I'm country
She said she like the way I talk, these hoes love me
Club goin crazy, we throwin out stacks
G-Unit South yeah, tell the DJ bring it back
See I'm A-Town stompin in a A-Town hat
But I'm reppin Tennessee, like my homey Project Pat
It ain't 'bout where you from homeboy it's where you at
Scrappy beat me on the dice, yeah it's cool I'll be back
Cause I got I got money in the bank (yea), shawty what you drank X2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S62PrdruRTU)

50, got me, Lil Jon, got me
I got a big-ass squad, how you gon' stop me
Y'all niggaz, watch me, rise to the, top
My shit gon', sell, yo' shit gon', flop
Lil Jon, got me, 50, got me
I got a big-ass family, how you gon' stop me
Y'all niggaz, watch me, rise to the, top
My shit gon', sell, yo' shit gon', flop

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~peb1186/pictures/crunk.jpg

TJ347
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks for that pic Crayons. Another example of "when keeping it real goes wrong".

werwt22
05-31-2007, 11:07 PM
LMAO I love Dave Chapelle.