PDA

View Full Version : ACCIDENTALLY RACIST OR STUPID T-SHIRT SLOGANS

Kriss
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2078170,00.html

This is funny stuff, if a little depressing that people are so stupid to not check these things out. Has anyone worn a foregin slogan , not knowing what it means?

Ford Pinto
When Ford launched its Pinto car in Brazil, it was forced to rebrand the range after someone pointed out that "pinto" was slang for "tiny male genitals".

Coca-Cola
The corporation's slogan "Coke Adds Life" was reportedly translated into Thai as "Coke Brings Your Ancestors Back from the Dead".

Reebok
In 1996, Reebok named a new women's tennis shoe Incubus. Unfortunately, Incubus, according to medieval mythology, was a demon who ravished women in their sleep.

DonPA
05-12-2007, 11:21 PM
People need to get over it, lighten up and quit being a huge bunch of pussies over this whole Politically Correct Bullshit! Laugh at the stupid shit every once in a while.

Balcanoid
05-12-2007, 11:26 PM
well, I know that Russian car name "Lada" means chest on some language of the bordering countries...they had to changed into something I can`t spell it right, to sell it there...Zhiguli was the name...

iloveshemales77
05-12-2007, 11:28 PM
The Mitsubishi Pajero has been on the market a while, yet "Pajero" is slang for "Wanker" in most of Latin America I am reliably informed.

TJ347
05-12-2007, 11:34 PM
The Mitsubishi Pajero has been on the market a while, yet "Pajero" is slang for "Wanker" in most of Latin America I am reliably informed.

And just like that, you've given Kriss a new way to say "wanker", a word he tosses around freely when anyone offers a dissenting opinion on anything, or when he can't deduce what someone else is saying. Sad...

iloveshemales77
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM

And just like that, you've given Kriss a new way to say "wanker", a word he tosses around freely when anyone offers a dissenting opinion on anything, or when he can't deduce what someone else is saying. Sad...

Ohh Dang! :roll:

Kriss
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM

:claps

Balcanoid
05-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I think I`ll go now and do Pajero in the Lada .....

Balcanoid
05-12-2007, 11:46 PM

Genious, indeed!

iloveshemales77
05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Yea, gotta hand it to ya Kriss, that was a nifty piece of anagramming!

SkyTwo
05-13-2007, 12:19 AM

:claps

:lol: I think that's the funniest thing I've seen on this site. Nice one.

Caff_Racer
05-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Back in the Eighties, when the first Toyota MR2 came out, they didn't market it in France, because they discovered that if you say "MR2" in French, it sounds like"merde"... not the best sales argument for a car

TJT
05-13-2007, 03:02 AM
In the 70's the Chevy Nova's name was changed to the SS-22 for the Mexican market after GM officials realized,that "no va",translates to "no go" in Spanish.

Took 'em just a mere 5 years to figure it out.