PDA

View Full Version : Galactus in F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer will look like...

Legend
04-19-2007, 01:22 AM
According to Aint It Cool News this is how Galactus will look in the new movie this summer:

"Wanted to let you know what Galactus is going to look like / be represented as in the FF2 sequel:

A storm cloud.

Yep.

That's it. That's the solution from the creatives(lame).

Think Superman/Silver Surfer flying through clouds with Galactus / Jorel VO.

My source is in the eye of the storm."

Three words pretty damn lame.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32330

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
04-19-2007, 04:28 AM
That sucks! A cloud??? How the fuck can they do that? That pisses me off already considering the first FF movie had a wimp DR. Doom. :x

tsluva
04-19-2007, 07:24 AM
it's gotta be a joke or a misunderstanding.

Fox and Marvel Productions would be that stupid and
irresponsible to the director do that to the fans and general
audience.

i'm not a Tim Story fan to begin with but i'll be damned if
Fox lets him fuck up the Fantastic Four like that.

wendy48088
04-19-2007, 08:13 AM
* Deleted *

DonPA
04-19-2007, 08:24 AM
And he is being voiced by Lawrence Fishburne

DonPA
04-19-2007, 08:30 AM
sorry a correction on Fishburne...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19962

Laurence Fishburne ("The Matrix" trilogy) will voice the role of The Silver Surfer in 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, opening in theaters on June 15.

Rumors had Fishburne voicing the role of Galactus in the sequel, but the studio hasn't decided whether Galactus will even speak, says Variety. Silver Surfer, who rides his surfboard through space, is the herald for the planet-destroying Galactus. Fishburne joined "Silver Surfer" this week.

General124
04-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I heard this when I picked up my comic book order last week. That's pretty fucked up if this is allowed to happen. How many times can they fuck up one movie line? F4 was pretty lame (other than Jessica looking hot), but if things go as it is rumored, I may not even rent the damn thing when it comes out on DVD.

Good times are ahead though. The Dark Knight comes out in 2008. I'm waiting for the Joker and possibly Two-Face. :D

hondarobot
04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
A cloud? That's just fuckin great. . .

It could be worse, though. Supposedly, Marlon Brando had suggested that his role in Superman: The Movie be a voice over for a bagel (as supermans father). I've also read rumors that he thought a green suitcase would be appropriate, as well.

Still, even those would have been slightly more interesting than a damn cloud.

stillies77
04-26-2007, 01:22 AM
i think its just going to be a teaser at the end and the cloud is a cloaking device type of thing...relax people the movie isnt even out yet.

alyss_heart
04-26-2007, 01:32 AM
i think its just going to be a teaser at the end and the cloud is a cloaking device type of thing...relax people the movie isnt even out yet.

I certainly hope it's something like this. I get so disappointed when good comics are given bad treatment in film. It's not like a film of a novel where each person's subjective experience of it differs somewhat. Comics are a shared visual experience, so everyone has a collective view of the story. Oh well. If I don't like it I'll just take my Ultimate Nullifier and go home. :pout:

stillies77
04-26-2007, 01:54 AM
hahaha at least its not going to be like ultimate galactus (bunch of locust type things shaped like classic galactus) haha

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
04-26-2007, 04:15 AM
I'm trying to share your optimism on this one stillies.

DonPA
04-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey Stillies, I'd take Ultimate Galactus before a huge cloud. I'm patient though. I'm sure they are going to give fans what they want.