PDA

View Full Version : Just Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay

MrsKellyPierce
04-15-2007, 02:03 AM
I miss the ocean and sitting on the dock and putting my feet in the water. I could of just done that for hours. I'm not a huge fan of the water though, I get scared of water I can't see through it's one of my phobias I should of added to Hara's post lol I'm scared of Sharks and I'm scared of boats lol I always think they are going to sink and I'll end up like the Titanic or The Poseidon. WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO TO JUST RELAX AND THINK.

zerrrr
04-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Read, listen to some radio programs, visit interesting websites for news.

gummi baer
04-15-2007, 02:47 AM
I live 200 yards from the Atlantic and haven't even looked at it in weeks. Big boats or little boats? Lurking the internets can be relaxing, if I don't have to answer questions that are too hard.

MrsKellyPierce
04-15-2007, 02:50 AM
The huge cruiseliners, I'm okay with the small boats if it's just in a lake or river.

Pajj
04-15-2007, 02:56 AM
"Watching the tide roll away"

I live in a pretty grotty area, so there aren't many beautiful places to go and relax :(

I do quite like sitting in my garden when it's warm and watching my puppy play in the flowers...

alrock_ny
04-15-2007, 03:02 AM
I live in NYC and have a pretty nice balcony. Usually I sit outside, have a nice beer or glass of wine, listen to some good music and just look out at the skyline.

BeardedOne
04-15-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm a hundred yards from an intracoastal waterway. Close enough that I could drive a ball out, bounce it off the hull, and have it land back on my deck for another shot (I'm sure that would go over real big with Hual). I can feel the engine vibrations in the floors of my house when one of the big container ships goes through. The year I moved in, a two-story single family home went through my backyard (Jan's House of Hope) on its way from Baltimore to the northeast.

But I don't 'do' water. :shrug

I have a hottub on the deck and haven't used it once since I bought the house seven years ago. Go figure. Though hottubs are social things, and my cats don't like water =that= much.

I do enjoy =looking= at water, though. Go to Pier 39 in San Francisco and watch the sea lions, sail to Alcatraz or tour the Papinian, a WWII sub.

That works.

ILuvGurls
04-15-2007, 03:24 AM
backstroke

specialk
04-15-2007, 03:33 AM
My entire backyard is water, and the deck sits 12 feet from the edge. I like to sip wine, smoke a cigar and take pics of anyone who drops in like:

BeardedOne
04-15-2007, 03:42 AM
My entire backyard is water, and the deck sits 12 feet from the edge. I like to sip wine, smoke a cigar and take pics of anyone who drops in like:

Bahstid! :P

Though I can't complain that much. I have cardinals, bluejays, finches, ad infinitum.

Sure, the biggest part of my day is a barge tug, but hey, most people don't even get that. :)

specialk
04-15-2007, 03:59 AM

Though I can't complain that much. I have cardinals, bluejays, finches, ad infinitum.

Sure, the biggest part of my day is a barge tug, but hey, most people don't even get that. :)

Yup B1.......and I'll bet your feeding the little chirpers like I do too.

BeardedOne
04-15-2007, 04:04 AM

Yup B1.......and I'll bet your feeding the little chirpers like I do too.

More like they are feeding the stray cats, but I intervene when I can. Hoping to get some purple martins in to deal with the mosquitoes (Ah, the joys of shoreline marshes!).

Quinn
04-15-2007, 04:45 AM

That's really beautiful. Here's a view of the water from my back deck down in Georgia. One word: catfish

-Quinn

specialk
04-15-2007, 05:01 PM

That's really beautiful. Here's a view of the water from my back deck down in Georgia. One word: catfish

-Quinn

You reminded me of the 70's, when I lived along the Mississippi River in Ill. Catfish fry...........Im drooling thinking of the taste!!!!!!

Here's your view tweeked....can't help myself :oops:

Quinn
04-15-2007, 07:49 PM

-Quinn

You reminded me of the 70's, when I lived along the Mississippi River in Ill. Catfish fry...........Im drooling thinking of the taste!!!!!!

Here's your view tweeked....can't help myself :oops:

Cool. I had to resize it to put it up here (it used to be huge). Some of the coloration seems different after it was resized.

-Quinn

MrsKellyPierce
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
You all have pretty backyards

wombat33
04-15-2007, 11:08 PM
I miss the ocean and sitting on the dock and putting my feet in the water. I could of just done that for hours. I'm not a huge fan of the water though, I get scared of water I can't see through it's one of my phobias I should of added to Hara's post lol I'm scared of Sharks and I'm scared of boats lol I always think they are going to sink and I'll end up like the Titanic or The Poseidon. WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO TO JUST RELAX AND THINK.

Play a round of golf, shut off all the lights and turn on soft music and stare at my fish tank, sit in a room with just a candle lit and think.

ftgw
04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Every night I am in town me and about 7 of my friends get together at Kapiolani beach park in Waikiki to smoke cigars and shoot the shit.

Sometimes we can barely hear each other because the surf is too loud.

dskreet2
04-16-2007, 12:50 AM
I sometimes just like going to the lake and looking at the horizon or looking out at night where the light of the city ends!!!

trish
04-16-2007, 02:00 AM
here's a little fella who lives in the pond next to my backyard. one day i watched two giggling ten year old girl's pick him up and kiss him. nothing happened, excepting a couple yucks and eeuuwws and a lot more giggles.