PDA

View Full Version : PHOBIA's

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Do any of you guys have any fears i.e. Phobia's?

Such as fear of spider, drowning, being rejected, abandonment, high places etc.

http://www.designedthinking.com/Fear/Phobias/defined/defined.html

Please share them! :wink:

~Kisses.

HTGPHOBIA's

insert_namehere
04-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Smilies and emoticons give me the heebie jeebies! :crazy

BRONXBODY
04-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I am claustrophobic and I freak out at the thought of being buried alive in a coffin or stuck in a crawl space or something. I can't even watch a movie that shows it...... :sadcry I'm such a wuss....lol

MrsKellyPierce
04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Heights

alrock_ny
04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
No major phobias here. I probably have them but haven't come face to face with them yet.

I used to think I had a fear of heights, but when I worked construction and had to climb scaffolds, I kinda got over it.

Although I do imagine myself getting killed a lot. Hit by cars, falling into subway tracks, etc. But it's not a debilitating fear.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I am claustrophobic and I freak out at the thought of being buried alive in a coffin or stuck in a crawl space or something. I can't even watch a movie that shows it...... :sadcry I'm such a wuss....lol

I'm Claustrophobic also.

~Kisses.

HTG

Chica
04-08-2007, 09:06 PM
cant go near spiders, bees, wasps and things they are horrible

wombat33
04-08-2007, 09:20 PM

~Kisses.

HTGPHOBIA's

death
getting older
serious injury ( mine or others)
being homeless again

gaiseric
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Like Chica, I don't like bees,wasps etc but spiders totally freak me out.

Realgirls4me
04-08-2007, 10:58 PM

~Kisses.

HTGPHOBIA's

death
getting older
serious injury ( mine or others)
being homeless again

A phobia generally challenges our mortality. That is, we fear them because we are afraid of ending up mortally wounded from them. That's how one of my old college profs succinctly put it years ago. i.e., One fears a height (acrophobia) for example because they are afraid of falling from that height and eventually perishing from it.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-08-2007, 11:39 PM
I hate bee's, wasp, fly, roaches, mosquito's, snakes, centipedes, mice and the likes. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

youcancallmeclaire
04-09-2007, 12:40 AM
the government / imprisonment. Completely ~terrified~ of jail.

Not really afraid of anything else.

soulRipp
04-09-2007, 06:19 AM
the oly fea i have is losing i eon thats what i do

Realgirls4me
04-09-2007, 06:26 AM
the oly fea i have is losing i eon thats what i do

Uuuuuuuh, WHAT ?

... By the way, I didn't mention mine. Getting hurt/heartbroken big time would be a phobia of mine. I don't know if it can be classified as a phobia, but those things can hurt, and hurt BIG. :(

Rockford
04-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Clowns freak me right out.

Aragon21
04-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Hmmm gotta a few I think.

Open heights - Like standing on the edge of a really tall building, however put a guardrail there and I will lean over the edge.

Sharks - Blame the parents for this one...who takes a 3 year old to see Jaws in the theatre? I can't even close my eyes in a pool or the ocean because of it.

Needles/Doctors - I will crush the armrests when I see the doctor pulling out a needle.

Dying alone - I think this is a universal for all people though.

Somebody tell me what this one is. In the rare nightmare, I will be running from something and the harder I try to run the slower I move and the more panicked I get.

I used to be afraid of Reptiles/Amphibians/Insects but thank Steve Irwin (RIP) and Jeff Corwin for helping me overcome those fears. Hell I live in Florida so cockroaches and alligators come with the territory.

Oh and the worst way I could imagine dying would be to catch on fire, fall from a great height landing half in a body of water, but having broken both arms and legs so I can't move, and a shark comes along to start eating me as the rest of me continues to burn. :lol:

Jericho
04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Wasps, drawing pins, and being allergic to them, fish kinda freak me out.

rvince
04-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Talking in public.

Perverted Monk
04-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I hate Snails, all slimey and foamy. Sound like a walnut when you step in one.

Dirty bathrooms freak me out too.

tsmandy
04-09-2007, 07:59 PM

I watched snail sex while under the influence of psychedelics last night, glad you didn't have to see that.

tsmandy
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Earthquakes. I was 6 or 7 when the Whittier earthquake happened in So Cal and was only a few miles from the epicenter. My aunt flipped her shit and I think I was psychologically damaged more than anything.

Heights: I was told this is called the Imp of the perverse, not really a phobia. Whenever I find myself on a cliff, or a really tall bridge, I wanna jump. Not because I'm suicidal, but because I want to fly. I was also almost knocked off a cliff by a freight train this summer and have been extra jumpy since.

Then Jail. That sounds really shitty.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Dirty bathrooms freak me out too.

DITTO! :lol: LOL I dont like dirty bathrooms either. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

dskreet2
04-10-2007, 01:18 AM
None. I was scared of extreme heights until I stood on the edge of a plane before I went skydiving. Love it now! Geronimo!!!!!

Somedude21
04-10-2007, 01:57 AM
The only phobia I have is heights. I mean, even the shortest distance will make me kinda scared. Using an elevator will make me kind of afraid--especially if it's a tall building. And there's no way that I'm going to look down from the top of a skyscraper. *shudder*

Perverted Monk
04-10-2007, 07:29 PM

I watched snail sex while under the influence of psychedelics last night, glad you didn't have to see that.

That would have disturb me for a few days, just like those pictures that guy posted, where it showed holes in both of his fingers. Turned out it was a fake, neverless it bothered me.

fhsjazztrumpet2
04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
The only phobia I have is heights. I mean, even the shortest distance will make me kinda scared. Using an elevator will make me kind of afraid--especially if it's a tall building. And there's no way that I'm going to look down from the top of a skyscraper. *shudder*

Ditto that. You pretty much have to strap me down and force me onto any sort of roller coaster, which makes me trips to amusement parks not so amusing.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Earthquakes. I was 6 or 7 when the Whittier earthquake happened in So Cal and was only a few miles from the epicenter.

Oh please don't remind me! LOL I hope Cali dont get any quakes anytime soon. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

flabbybody
04-12-2007, 03:46 AM
my mom would make me go into the basement of my Bronx tenement to do laundry with her cause she was scared to go alone. you would not believe the size of these waterbug/roaches down there.. they were the size of soap bars, and they ran so fast with giant antennas.
I understand they're basically harmless, but the memory of those things still scare the shit out of me.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-17-2007, 12:21 AM
my mom would make me go into the basement of my Bronx tenement to do laundry with her cause she was scared to go alone. you would not believe the size of these waterbug/roaches down there.. they were the size of soap bars, and they ran so fast with giant antennas.
I understand they're basically harmless, but the memory of those things still scare the shit out of me.

:lol: LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

johnie
04-17-2007, 01:55 AM
This is my phobia:

gummi baer
04-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Snapping turtle vaginas and the Bush Administration

Fox
04-17-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm still somewhat afraid of heights, but only if I'm close to a high and unprotected edge, which is almost never cause I don't let myself.