PDA

View Full Version : Talking Tough on the Internet

insert_namehere
04-05-2007, 12:32 AM
...when you read it, does it cause you ANY concern at all? When you write it... do you really think anyone is taking you seriously?

As you can see from my post count, I'm a relatively new poster around here... but I've perused quite a few threads. For the most part, the flame levels are low and it seems like if anyone is going after anyone, for the most part, they're trying to use a bit of wit. Every now and again though, I see a response that (I guess) is supposed to cause the target to shiver in fear or something.

The trouble is... I just don't see it as effective? Does anyone?

It's sort of like when people start demanding other people's bona fides... it's a friggin forum!! Basically, anyone can SAY they're got a PhD in Comprehensive Ontology and race formula 1 cars on the weekend when they're not busy modeling... but it doesn't really mean anything unless you know that person in the real world. Seriously... who gives a shit?

On the other hand... when people get really worked up and logic goes out the window, it IS pretty entertaining reading.

Don't you love posts that sort of have no point?

Thank you,
insert.

specialk
04-05-2007, 12:45 AM

On the other hand... when people get really worked up and logic goes out the window, it IS pretty entertaining reading.

Thank you,
insert.

There ya go ....reason enough from where I'm sittin'......look, half the posts in here are questionable...it's a forum, like you said :D

RawNY
04-05-2007, 12:45 AM

You mean like yours?

Taom
04-05-2007, 12:53 AM

insert_namehere
04-05-2007, 12:54 AM

You mean like yours?

Exactly.

insert_namehere
04-05-2007, 01:06 AM
I have 1-3-3-7 tattooed on my knuckles!

BeardedOne
04-05-2007, 01:09 AM

:lol:

I'm scared that I get that. :D

Somedude21
04-05-2007, 01:12 AM

Same here. XD

insert_namehere
04-05-2007, 01:23 AM

Same here. XD

\/\/0r|>!

tubgirl
04-05-2007, 04:49 AM
...when you read it, does it cause you ANY concern at all? When you write it... do you really think anyone is taking you seriously?

As you can see from my post count, I'm a relatively new poster around here... but I've perused quite a few threads. For the most part, the flame levels are low and it seems like if anyone is going after anyone, for the most part, they're trying to use a bit of wit. Every now and again though, I see a response that (I guess) is supposed to cause the target to shiver in fear or something.

The trouble is... I just don't see it as effective? Does anyone?

It's sort of like when people start demanding other people's bona fides... it's a friggin forum!! Basically, anyone can SAY they're got a PhD in Comprehensive Ontology and race formula 1 cars on the weekend when they're not busy modeling... but it doesn't really mean anything unless you know that person in the real world. Seriously... who gives a shit?

Thank you,
insert.

careful, you'll upset legend...

ezed
04-05-2007, 07:27 AM
How about them Red Sox's, back on track? Yes or No?