View Full Version : (YouTube) Imagine Having This Guy Over For The Xmas Party?

Realgirls4me
04-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Imagine having this guy over for the annual Christmas party, if not as a neighbor? Would conversations with this guy be fun or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tserfq3sakQ

...What's it have to do with transsexuals ? Uh, er, um ... his son reportedly lived next to the owner of an apartment building who eventually rented a unit to a TS. ... Is that link strong enough? Hee-hee.

BlackAdder
04-04-2007, 01:22 AM
I thought it funny as hell lol.....

peggygee
04-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I used to love that show, I'm a big Groucho fan.

And then when Bill Cosby resurrected it, I enjoyed
it just as much.

Yup, you bet your life I did.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/duck_soup_200_145.jpg

Realgirls4me
04-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Blackadder,

I think I told you once that I always enjoyed your postings. You always had a knack for saying the things I wanted to or meant to say. This, and the fact that we both rung up as ESTPs confirms my vibe was accurate about you ... Now if only that vibe was as telling or as accurate about others here and in real life. :)

... Peggy: The late Buddy Hackett tried that seat, and so did Bill Cosby, but there was only one -- ONE -- Grouch Marx.

peggygee
04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Blackadder,

I think I told you once that I always enjoyed your postings. You always had a knack for saying the things I wanted to or meant to say. This, and the fact that we both rung up as ESTPs confirms my vibe was accurate about you ... Now if only that vibe was as telling or as accurate about others here and in real life. :)

... Peggy: The late Buddy Hackett tried that seat, and so did Bill Cosby, but there was only one -- ONE -- Grouch Marx.

I don't remember Buddy Hackett doing it, He's funny but not as funny
as those two.

I also liked Cosby in the Art Linkletter remake of Kids Say the Darndest
Things.

BeardedOne
04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Jeez, you got me to reliving all those horrific days of recording "You are there, but you wish you weren't, but I wish I wasn't, oh! Will someone get me a Bromo!" (In beautiful living Norman Color - Which is cheap black and white)in the old Hal Roach Room. :lol:

Yow, wotta wasted youth I had. :roll:

ezed
04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Imagine having this guy over for the annual Christmas party, if not as a neighbor? Would conversations with this guy be fun or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tserfq3sakQ

Thanks Groucho and WC Fields were two of my earliest influences. I loved that clip, when you can see the whites of the eyes around the entire pupil, you know the guy is crazy.

Realgirls4me
04-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks Groucho and WC Fields were two of my earliest influences. I loved that clip, when you can see the whites of the eyes around the entire pupil, you know the guy is crazy.

You're welcomed. That is a funny clip. Did you happen to catch any of the other Groucho clips?
Youtube has taken me to my youth many times, and I'm not talking about the DeSoto/Plymouth days either. The thing I can never figure out is how to find an item? I must have turned Youtube upside down last night looking for a music video I once saw there and could not find it this time to save my life. What exactly are "tags" for example?

... Just 11 more postings. Hee-hee. :)

Realgirls4me
04-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Btw, my favorite line supposedly attributed to WC Fields, is the one about him on his death bed with a bible. A friend or family member walked in and asked him what he, an impious person, was doing with a bible?

His answer: "I 've been looking for loopholes."

LOL!

ezed
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM

You're welcomed. That is a funny clip. Did you happen to catch any of the other Groucho clips?
Youtube has taken me to my youth many times, and I'm not talking about the DeSoto/Plymouth days either. The thing I can never figure out is how to find an item? I must have turned Youtube upside down last night looking for a music video I once saw there and could not find it this time to save my life. What exactly are "tags" for example?

... Just 11 more postings. Hee-hee. :)

I saved the page and watch them all. :D

Felicia Katt
04-04-2007, 07:44 AM
sorry to have to say it, but Groucho would never come to any party that would have him as a guest LOL

FK

ezed
04-04-2007, 07:54 AM
sorry to have to say it, but Groucho would never come to any party that would have him as a guest LOL

FK

Or thread for that matter. :wink:

Realgirls4me
04-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Groucho was the man, Felicia.

:)

suckseed
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Apparently Groucho nearly lost his job on that show when he asked a woman how many kids she had...it was something like 8. "Why so many?" She says,"I love my husband." Groucho says, "Lady, I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in awhile." :lol:
I can just imagine the pandemonium that ensued...

Realgirls4me
04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Apparently Groucho nearly lost his job on that show when he asked a woman how many kids she had...it was something like 8. "Why so many?" She says,"I love my husband." Groucho says, "Lady, I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in awhile." :lol:

Ha!

Yes. I remember reading that somewhere. True, or just another urban myth? I could see Groucho saying something like that. :D

ezed
04-05-2007, 06:21 AM

Ha!

Yes. I remember reading that somewhere. True, or just another urban myth? I could see Groucho saying something like that. :D

Absolutely True! But I think it was "Lady, I love my cigar, but I take it out every once in awhile."

LAGent4ts
04-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Great Clip, brings back some great memories since I am old enough to remember but young enough not to care that I can! I have always woundered if Soupy Sales really flipped the bird on his show, real of legend?

peggygee
04-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Great Clip, brings back some great memories since I am old enough to remember but young enough not to care that I can!

I have always woundered if Soupy Sales really flipped the bird on his show, real of legend?

I believe Soupy Sales lost his job because he told children viewing his
show, to go into their Mother's pocketbooks, take out money, and mail it
to his P.O. Box.

Pure genius. :wink:

Realgirls4me
04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
What was the name of the puppet horse that would show up behind the window and talk to Soupy? I loved that bit on Soupy Sales, particularly the way the horse exited.
I'm only familiar with the show on its second go round. I never did see the original one of the early 60s.

Realgirls4me
04-23-2007, 11:30 PM
By the way, Albert Hall's view of Hollywood Blvd hasn't really changed, has it? ;)