PDA

View Full Version : Allanah Needs 2 Bring The Show On The Road

Thuggish_Intellect
11-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Let me first start off by saying, I don't expect a 50 city tour...lol but i'm saying try throwing a party in 4 or 5 of the top media markets (tv and radio) out of the year...you know, for us unlucky schmo's who have demanding jobs, responsibilities, etc...

San Fran-Oakland or LA
DC-Baltimore
Chicago
Miami

Wouldn't that be nice?

I mean clearly she's demonstrated that these types of party's can be both econconmically friendly and personally inviting to all comers.

ONEWORLD
11-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Let me first start off by saying, I don't expect a 50 city tour...lol but i'm saying try throwing a party in 4 or 5 of the top media markets (tv and radio) out of the year...you know, for us unlucky schmo's who have demanding jobs, responsibilities, etc...

San Fran-Oakland or LA
DC-Baltimore
Chicago
Miami

UNLUCKY IS RIGHT...

THE FIVE AREAS YOU MENTIONED ARE INFESTED WITH TRANSEXUAL WOMEN...I SUSPECT PARTIES HOSTED BY (FILL IN THE BLANK) WILL BE SPRINGING UP SHORTLY...SEEING THAT THIS IS YET A NEW REVENUE STREAM FOR THE GIRLS...GOD BLESS'EM...GIRLS GET YOUR COINS UP. :wink:

Thuggish_Intellect
11-29-2004, 02:26 AM
UNLUCKY IS RIGHT...

THE FIVE AREAS YOU MENTIONED ARE INFESTED WITH TRANSEXUAL WOMEN...I SUSPECT PARTIES HOSTED BY (FILL IN THE BLANK) WILL BE SPRINGING UP SHORTLY...SEEING THAT THIS IS YET A NEW REVENUE STREAM FOR THE GIRLS...GOD BLESS'EM...GIRLS GET YOUR COINS UP. :wink:

I know right, wich is why I don't see why another girl in another area has caught on to this as a viable revenue stream? Not to limit it to just girls but there may be just be a good opportunity for a start up marketing maverick to make a niche as a top Transsexual Party Promoter, surely there's money and fun to be made in that...why am I giving out all my good ideas...lol

ONEWORLD
11-29-2004, 02:32 AM
...surely there's money and fun to be made in that...why am I giving out all my good ideas...lol

LOL...I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING...

LBCDO
11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Because a lot of people dont realize how much work goes into a club event. Trust me, its my 9-5, and it takes hella work. You think the advertising is just posting on Hung Angels and ShemaleExotica? LOL, its hitting the street, politics, actually having girls commit to come, presale and post sale tickets, performers, working out bar guarantees, booking a dj, blah blah blah blah blah. Its not as cake walk as people think! I have thought about it multiple times and Sheeba was supposed to be the Host, but I dont think I can handle another event with my resources, etc. right now.

longman
11-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Yup, sounds right to me. God Bless Allanah & company for the effort because most other folks would have stopped by now. Too much politics & drama for the weak of heart.

Thuggish_Intellect
11-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Because a lot of people dont realize how much work goes into a club event. Trust me, its my 9-5, and it takes hella work. You think the advertising is just posting on Hung Angels and ShemaleExotica? LOL, its hitting the street, politics, actually having girls commit to come, presale and post sale tickets, performers, working out bar guarantees, booking a dj, blah blah blah blah blah. Its not as cake walk as people think! I have thought about it multiple times and Sheeba was supposed to be the Host, but I dont think I can handle another event with my resources, etc. right now.

Trust me my man, i'm a minority owner in a bar/club in the DC area...I know very well the rigors and pains of club promotion. Looking at it from the outside in, I think too much emphasis is put on the whole "it's different promoting shemales" notion. There's a market for almost anything. I've done parties for more urban crowds, country, over 35, voyeurs, swingers, gays, etc...etc...it's more to do with the Branding and uniqueness than anything. I also think that once the girls realize that this can be an opportunity to break in, mingle with and cohabit alongside the mainstream they'd be more willing to participate. I also think the pageant/ball way of thinking must die in order for such a venture to be profitable. There should be more emphasis on mingling and socializing moreso than talent expressions and contest. Also your promotion goes as far as your connections go. Being in the promotion business you'd know that you must find ways to cut cost and still pull off a fabulous party/affair.

And since you mentioned Sheeba (whom I know personally) I think that the Atlanta market could withstand and support a monthly or bi-monthly affair like Allanah's. I've teetered with the idea of throwing something like that down in Atlanta but my resources/contacts are limited down there. If I could get with 1 or 2 serious individuals, i'd definately be up to making that venture work. You can't milk a money cow without getting a little dirty...

LBCDO
11-30-2004, 02:32 AM
ATL would be an idea spot, but the timing as of right nwo is off. There are tons of girls here, and something like that would set ATL. Damn man, we need to talk. We think along the same lines when it comes planning an event. Its abotu the uniqueness of the event, making it eye catching, etc. But the only thing about ATL is that timing. We lost backstreet, which deifnately hurt ATL. Supposedly there is a club that caters to the GLBT community that is spanish based, but havent made it out. But like I said, a face that i was thinking about attatching was sheebas. Then I also know that my staff wouldnt be as willing to support such an event, but im sure i can figure something out. if you are serious, leave me an email at frnkpwrs@bellsouth.net or give me a way to get in contact with you. Trust me, there definately needs to be something other than the balls!

ONEWORLD
11-30-2004, 04:34 AM
ATL would be an idea spot, but the timing as of right nwo is off. There are tons of girls here, and something like that would set ATL... But the only thing about ATL is that timing. We lost backstreet, which deifnately hurt ATL...

YESSSSS, IT'S A NEW DAY IN A-TOWN...IT'S BEEN A "RED" STATE FOR A WHILE , BUT THEY'RE STARTING TO SHOW IT NOW...BACKSTREET, STARS OF THE CENTURY, THE OLD 112, ETC...IT'S A NEW DAY. IN MY OPINION, THE IDEAL SPOT IS ACTUALLY THE M.I.A...WHERE ANYTHING GOES AND THE GIRLS ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR COINS (LOTS OF NEW YORK TRANSPLANTS 8) ).THE ONLY REAL OBSTACLES ARE THE COMPETITION FROM OTHER PROMOTERS WHO ALREADY HAVE THOSE "CONNEX" YOU MENTIONED AND THAT MIAMI IS A HOTSPOT; MEANING MOST RESIDENTS ARE YOUNG AND HOT AND DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR SEX...SORTA THE WAY ATL USED TO BE...WITH THAT SAID, WHEREVER YOU CHOOSE, YOUR BIGGEST CLIENTS ARE THOSE THAT ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR ANONYMITY (ENTERTAINERS, ATHLETES, AND CORPORATE TYPES). GOOD LUCK.

LBCDO
11-30-2004, 04:44 AM
But how can you have a party/club event and guarantee anonyminity? Especially in a taboo topic like that? just doesnt float. ATL has some spots, but the thing about Backstreet closing is that it was bound to happen. It was righ tnext door to the stroll, and it was a dope spot. Chaparall has been in the newspaper because it brings salsa, merengue, and bachata to people who normally wouldnt recognize it. If someone can run a respectable event, then trust me, it wouldnt be a problem at all. 708 used to EASY to get, but then some asian cats started doing their model searches there and bar guarantees shot unrealistic. But trust me, im researching. Thing about Miami is that the club scene is VISCOUS! never been there, but from what I hear from seasoned promoters, its worth staying where the money is

ONEWORLD
11-30-2004, 05:26 AM
But how can you have a party/club event and guarantee anonyminity? Especially in a taboo topic like that?...

LISTEN, THE TABOO IS THE REASON WHY "VIP'S" NEED ANONYMITY AND THEY GET IT...AND DON'T WORRY WHERE SOMEONE CAN'T GIVE IT SOMEONE ELSE WILL. :wink:

ATL has some spots, but the thing about Backstreet closing is that it was bound to happen. It was righ tnext door to the stroll, and it was a dope spot.

CORRECTION: BACKSTREET WASN'T NEAR THEM, THE "STROLL" AND "DOPE SPOT" WERE NEXT TO BACKSTREET. THIS CLUB HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 25+ YEARS AND I THINK 112 ABOUT 15 YEARS. THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE FOUL THINGS GOING ON AROUND THESE CLUBS, DIDN'T EVEN LIVE IN ATLANTA WHEN THESE CLUBS WERE RINGING THEIR NAMES OUT. THE POINT IS THAT ATLANTA WAS ONE OF THE FEW CITIES WHERE HOTSPOTS BECAME FIXTURES OF THE COMMUNITY IE, KAYA, ETC...BUT AS THEY ATTRACT MORE UPWARDLY MOBILE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO RAISE FAMILES, THE SAME CONSERVATIVE INFLUENCE THAT SHUTDOWN TIME SQUARE, AS WELL AS OTHER AREAS, HAS MANAGE TO TAME ATLANTA'S NIGHT LIFE. NOW THE ATL IS LIKE A LOT OF OTHER CITIES, WHERE THE HOTSPOT CHANGES EVERY 6 MONTHS. LOL.

LBCDO
11-30-2004, 05:56 AM
I thought you were talking about TS spots in general. Sorry, but i you actaully went into backstreet, it was the dope spot, not the surrounding area. Yea, its sad sounding, it was an official spot where everyone felt they could go. But the stroll was right outside of it. My condo was right on peachtree, trust me, i know the reactions of the people that were living there, and it wasnt as intense as what one would think.

If you want to talk about the clubs such as 112 [which wasnt a TS club] and buckhead in genereal, there are a whole round of politics you must familiarize yourself with first before you even attempt to make assumptions. What made the snowball roll that started the avalanche in buckhead was badboy weekend. I used to run events at Toungue and Groove, Frequency, Chaos, World Bar, Fuel, Level 3, Jack Rabbits, and Havana to make a living. Trust me, its more than what you think. There are things like payoffs, alcohol taxes, alcohol loopholes [like used at 112], etc. that made the laws which they where clubs are closing earlier, capacities are being checked, etc. LOL, no offense, just letting you know its more than the oral outcry of the people that live in the area. Because if you went to Midtown during the day, you would know that Midtown is place with the largest Gay and Lesbian population in all of the metro area, and trust me, the TS crowd didnt stand out as much as the TS/TVs

ONEWORLD
11-30-2004, 06:08 AM
... there are a whole round of politics you must familiarize yourself with first before you even attempt to make assumptions...

LOL, SPEAKING OF CORRUPTION...YOU KNOW YOUR FORMER MAYOR WAS INDICTED...

Former Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell indicted on a wide array of charges

The Federal government followed the bribery convictions of former Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell's aides with a wide ranging indictment against Campbell himself, including

Taking payoffs from people doing business with the city;

Taking payoffs with people seeking business and licenses from the city;

Defrauding Atlanta citizens by depriving them of "good, faithful and honest services as mayor;"

Failure to disclose cash payments he received while serving as mayor.

Accepting illegal campaign contributions for his re-election as mayor.

Defrauding contributors and creditors of his re-election campaign;

Recruiting others, including city employees, to "participate in ... racketeering activity."

IF ONLY HE WAS AROUND NOW, THOSE CLUBS COULD HAVE EITHER CONTINUED THEIR EXISTING AGREEMENTS OR "BOUGHT" A LITTLE EXTRA HELP... :wink:

LBCDO
11-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Trust me, thats part of what was happening. Sort of. A lot of people talk a lot of ish about Bill Campbell, but he made it so you didnt have to be Ted Truner to make money. Shirley Franklin has a lot of people pissed off, from the FD to the clubs. They are talking about people putting clubs in the Underground, but I wouldnt put m oney in that section. The parking is horrible and none of the established clubs are moving.

Thuggish_Intellect
12-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Trust me, thats part of what was happening. Sort of. A lot of people talk a lot of ish about Bill Campbell, but he made it so you didnt have to be Ted Truner to make money. Shirley Franklin has a lot of people pissed off, from the FD to the clubs. They are talking about people putting clubs in the Underground, but I wouldnt put m oney in that section. The parking is horrible and none of the established clubs are moving.

So what do you propose doing in the A? Let's talk $$$ Scared money don't make money...