PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patty's day Everyone!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/rbakura/hello%20kitty%20including%20animated/1d7dcf29.gif
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY Everyone!

~Kisses.

HTG

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
thank you Hara

SkyTwo
03-17-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw a headline today that claimed Boston's St. Patrick's Day Parade dates back to the 18th century. I'm sure there was plenty of beer-swilling, urinating in alleys and puking in the gutters then, too, but other than that it's hard to imagine what a parade would've looked like in the 1730s. Maybe the Temperance League had the grandest float of all.

TribalNYX
03-17-2007, 12:35 PM
you too!!

Parisien
03-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, Happy St Paddys day to all 50 million Irish-Americans and the rest of your country!

Jennifer_English
03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/rbakura/hello%20kitty%20including%20animated/1d7dcf29.gif
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY Everyone!

~Kisses.

HTG

to be sure... to be sure....

:wink:

ILuvGurls
03-17-2007, 02:17 PM
a little something for you lads and lassies:

Coroner
03-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Happy St. Patrick´s Day, Hara Juku and everyone. I´m sure tonight´s gonna be a very wet night. I´m going to a Jazz gig and after that to an Irish pub. And like always, I´ll give back everything I drink :lol: what shall I do, I´m such a nice man who wants to share

Ecstatic
03-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Hara. Now if only the 10" of snow that fell yesterday and overnight were green........

I saw a headline today that claimed Boston's St. Patrick's Day Parade dates back to the 18th century. I'm sure there was plenty of beer-swilling, urinating in alleys and puking in the gutters then, too, but other than that it's hard to imagine what a parade would've looked like in the 1730s. Maybe the Temperance League had the grandest float of all.
Boston is known as the world's second largest Irish city after all. :wink:

PatrickFromNYC
03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Top of the mornin to ya !! Best day of the year LOL !!

hwbs
03-17-2007, 06:19 PM
after all this shoveling i need to be hooked up to an iv drip of Guiness... :lol:

hondarobot
03-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Actually, this is one of the worst days to go hit the pubs. They tend to be filled beyond capacity with people who don't know a great deal about proper drinking etiquette. The dumb frat guys who use phoney irish accents and sing songs and so on. Sucks.

And don't get me started on those damn stupid parades.

But still, Happy St. Paddy day. But only for the Irish and those of Irish descent. All you other jerks can find your own day to party on.

:wink:

peggygee
03-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Erin Go Bragh!

Saint Patrick and the Snake:

One version of how St. Patrick banished snakes from Ireland,
is that Patrick outwitted them. Patrick made a box and invited
the snake to enter. The snake insisted it was too small and the
two argued. Finally to prove his point, the snake entered the
box to show how tight the fit was. Patrick slammed the lid closed
and threw the box into the sea.

Although it’s true that Ireland has no snakes, this likely had more
to do with the fact that Ireland is an island and being separated
from the rest of the continent the snakes couldn’t get there.

The stories of Saint Patrick and the snakes are likely a metaphor
for his bringing Christianity to Ireland and driving out the pagan
religions (serpents were a common symbol in many of these religions)

emmettray
03-17-2007, 07:12 PM
To one and all. Have a great day. Slainte Bhoys, it beats work ;o)

Quinn
03-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Happy St. Pats, everyone

-Quinn

freak
03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
St. Patrick was Italian, research it. The Irish SUCK

elo
03-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Am i allowed to speak,Mistress Hara Juku? :oops:

TheBigTreesy
03-17-2007, 11:34 PM

Actually latest thinking is that he was scottish, though traditionally it is thought he was Welsh.

Oh and fuck you too

Felicia Katt
03-18-2007, 01:07 AM
From Wikipedia
Saint Patrick was a Christian missionary and is the patron saint of Ireland along with Brigid of Kildare and Columba. Patrick was born in Roman Britain. When he was about sixteen he was captured by Irish raiders and taken as a slave to Ireland, where he lived for six years before escaping and returning to his family. He entered the church, as his father and grandfather had before him, becoming a deacon and a bishop. He later returned to Ireland as a missionary, working in the north and west of the island.

I guess, depending on your point of view, you could argue he was Scottish or Welsh, since thats the area he was originally from, Italian, since the area was under Roman control at the time, but I think, just like gender, nationality isn't determined by where you are born, or the label applied to it by those in power, but by where your heart and head feel most at home.

In my book, thats makes St Patrick Irish. of course, I'm 1/4 Irish, so that may affect my objectivity :)

FK

Oli
03-18-2007, 01:10 AM

Actually latest thinking is that he was scottish, though traditionally it is thought he was Welsh.

Oh and fuck you too

Thanks for doing that
:)

Aragon21
03-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Happy St. Paddy's to you too! And to all!

Thanks, Hara. Now if only the 10" of snow that fell yesterday and overnight were green........

Heard of yellow snow, perhaps if you added some blue dye to it.

Some of the ladies might like like the Irish for that reason alone. :lol:

flabbybody
03-18-2007, 04:00 AM
I love St Pat's day. It's such a New York City event. The Irish folks who came to this country were the first big wave of immigrants at the turn of the 19th century. along with Jews and Italians from central Europe. (that's where my anscestors came from before WW I).

And to all Afro-Americans who came here as slaves against your will when our constitution said "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL", this should be your holiday too.
And to everyone who has come here since, this is a holiday about welcoming immigrants, and defeating the racist people who want to close our borders to people of different race, color, language, and culture.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-18-2007, 04:31 AM
thank you Hara

You're welcome Johnny. ;)

Remember not to drink and drive everyone! :wink: LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

a994
03-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Thank you Hara and Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day to ya!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Thank you Hara and Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day to ya!

Let's toast to that a994.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/325915/2/istockphoto_325915_celebrations_toast_with_champag ne.jpg

:P ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

TheBigTreesy
03-19-2007, 03:16 AM
I guess, depending on your point of view, you could argue he was Scottish or Welsh, since thats the area he was originally from, Italian, since the area was under Roman control at the time, but I think, just like gender, nationality isn't determined by where you are born, or the label applied to it by those in power, but by where your heart and head feel most at home.

In my book, thats makes St Patrick Irish. of course, I'm 1/4 Irish, so that may affect my objectivity :)

FK

eh, actually nationality is determined by where you are born. I might be Jamaican in me head but it don't make it true :?

ezed
03-19-2007, 06:47 AM
thank you Hara

You're welcome Johnny. ;)

Remember not to drink and drive everyone! :wink: LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

May I "err into your bra" and while I misquote famous irish sayings. :wink: