View Full Version : Off Topic - Freak out in my sleep

InHouston
03-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I've been up since 4:30 this morning because of a full-on adrenaline freak out attack I had in my sleep. My cat was asleep between my legs (like she does every night), and right in the middle of a vivid dream I was having, she squirmed around and made me dream a wild animal pounced on me to attack. I dreampt that this little black beast thing plopped right in my lap, and was running up towards my face growling and nashing it's teeth. In a split second I went from a deep sleep to thrashing and kicking and screaming "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" She (my cat) shredded my ankle trying to hang on for the ride. Afterwards I stood there in the room for about a minute panting and covered with goose bumps. Freaked me out :shock: . One of the cuts on my foot she gave me had cat fur stuck in it. It took me 20 minutes to get her to get over it and let me pet her again. I'm going back to bed now. Had to stay up for a while to get that dream state out of my head.

03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I would kill that cat.

LG
03-07-2007, 11:48 PM
I would kill that cat.

Compassionate conservatism... Not all it's cracked up to be.

mpcc2004
03-07-2007, 11:55 PM
It could have been a lot worse. The cat could have grabbed on to your package instead of your ankle.

chefmike
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
I would kill that cat.

03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I would kill that cat.

Cat's are property. They do not recieve human rights.

chefmike
03-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the MacDonald Triad, indicators of violent antisocial behavior in children and adolescents. According to the studies used to form this model, cruelty to animals is a common (but not with every case) behavior in children and adolescents who grow up to become serial killers and other violent criminals.

chefmike
03-08-2007, 12:20 AM
A widely publicized criminal case in Iowa in 1997 aroused interest all over the world among animal advocates, when the verdict and sentencing were directly tied to the perceived value of the animals in question: rescued cats living in the Noah's Ark Shelter. On March 7, 1997, three youths broke into the cat shelter in Fairfield, Iowa. Using baseball bats, they brutally bludgeoned 27 cats, leaving 17 cats dead and several others maimed for life. They were charged only with misdemeanor offenses, under "destroying property" as the value of "stray cats" was limited and did not justify felony "property destruction" indictments.

Although advocacy groups were able to get the Iowa laws strengthened as a result of the Noah's Ark case, other states are still buried in outdated case law, going all the way back to its roots in the U.K.

LG
03-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the MacDonald Triad...

If blind opposition to liberalism and the inability to make any sense whatsover are the other two, I would fear the worst, chefmike...

TFan, why don't you stick to talking about ramen noodles instead?

03-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the MacDonald Triad, indicators of violent antisocial behavior in children and adolescents. According to the studies used to form this model, cruelty to animals is a common (but not with every case) behavior in children and adolescents who grow up to become serial killers and other violent criminals.

What are you saying? You still pissed that you got sheared, sheep? I'm not sure that counts as "animal cruelty".

LMAO!!!

chefmike
03-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the MacDonald Triad...

If blind opposition to liberalism and the inability to make any sense whatsover are the other two, I would fear the worst, chefmike...

TFan, why don't you stick to talking about ramen noodles instead?

Careful, LG...TFool might share his ramen and cat stir-fry recipes with us... :roll:

chefmike
03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
http://www.voicesforpets.org/

chefmike
03-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Cases in which cruelty to animals is due to a deliberate wish to be cruel (as opposed to neglect), are known as zoosadism, and have been repeatedly linked via research with abuse and cruelty to people (including the more sensationalist examples of torture and killing). In such extreme cases cruelty to animals may also have occurred, as a "rehearsal" or as an aspect of development. However this should be viewed in perspective; not all cruelty is sadism, nor are all persons who are cruel to animals necessarily going to be abusive towards people.

LG
03-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I call this "TFan gets to work".

muhmuh
03-08-2007, 12:40 AM
yeah............ a points system for the user titel would work great round here

03-08-2007, 12:41 AM

LOL

blackmagic
03-08-2007, 12:41 AM
One of the cuts on my foot she gave me had cat fur stuck in it. It took me 20 minutes to get her to get over it and let me pet her again. I'm going back to bed now. Had to stay up for a while to get that dream state out of my head.

chefmike
03-08-2007, 12:45 AM

Top-shelf, LG!

suckseed
03-08-2007, 12:59 AM
'Owning' a living thing carries with it the explicit responsibility of taking care of it. This extends all the way to the planet. I've read that 'dominion', as in 'God gave man dominion over the earth' in the Bible originally meant 'stewardship.' Yeah, you can drive that truck you 'own' straight off a cliff if you want to, but then you don't have a truck anymore. The underlying question is why would anyone want to hurt an animal in the first place. Someone who would is clearly either lacking in ethics or raised in a rural atmosphere that does not encourage empathy.
Oh, and animals for food? The animal rights folks want that to stop, while the animal welfare folks argue that they should be treated and killed humanely (an ironic term.) Someone called Miriam's attacker a '2 legged animal.' A lion would kill a gazelle for food, but wouldn't steal its grass and push it over a cliff. That kind of pure meanness is the unique domain of the so-called 'most evolved species'.
Anyone who hurts a cat in my sight can expect swift and severe retribution.
Anyone who advocates it is a shithead.

03-08-2007, 01:23 AM
'Owning' a living thing carries with it the explicit responsibility of taking care of it. This extends all the way to the planet. I've read that 'dominion', as in 'God gave man dominion over the earth' in the Bible originally meant 'stewardship.' Yeah, you can drive that truck you 'own' straight off a cliff if you want to, but then you don't have a truck anymore. The underlying question is why would anyone want to hurt an animal in the first place. Someone who would is clearly either lacking in ethics or raised in a rural atmosphere that does not encourage empathy.
Oh, and animals for food? The animal rights folks want that to stop, while the animal welfare folks argue that they should be treated and killed humanely (an ironic term.) Someone called Miriam's attacker a '2 legged animal.' A lion would kill a gazelle for food, but wouldn't steal its grass and push it over a cliff. That kind of pure meanness is the unique domain of the so-called 'most evolved species'.
Anyone who hurts a cat in my sight can expect swift and severe retribution.
Anyone who advocates it is a shithead.

I admit, my first response was intentionally over the top. I don't advocate animal abuse (unless we're talking about typing sheep) and I especially don't advocate harming domesticated non-food animals, which I view to be particularly aweful. Anyone who, with malice, harms a non-aggressive, non-food domesticated animal should go to jail for violating that animals trust.

Cows, chickens, pigs and other food-animals taste good, so they're fucked!

What's going on here is that I responded to the original post, my jockers follow me around, found me here and decided to take the post for more than it was.

That's fine. I'm accustomed to jockers but historically, my dick-riders have been WOMEN. These people claim to be men.

The bible uses the word, in rough translation, "Subdue". When quoted in context it means "Establish rule over". Of course, Christianity provides the framework that Western Culture is built upon so given the success and dominance of the West, Christians have fulfilled this order and Christianity has served mankind nicely.

specialk
03-08-2007, 01:40 AM

Nice one LG!!!

suckseed
03-08-2007, 02:00 AM
I admit, my first response was intentionally over the top. I don't advocate animal abuse (unless we're talking about typing sheep) and I especially don't advocate harming domesticated non-food animals, which I view to be particularly aweful. Anyone who, with malice, harms a non-aggressive, non-food domesticated animal should go to jail for violating that animals trust.

Cool.

Cows, chickens, pigs and other food-animals taste good, so they're fucked!

dark, but funny!

What's going on here is that I responded to the original post, my jockers follow me around, found me here and decided to take the post for more than it was.

That's fine. I'm accustomed to jockers but historically, my dick-riders have been WOMEN. These people claim to be men.

You mean jokers, right? That's probably a conversation I missed.

The bible uses the word, in rough translation, "Subdue". When quoted in context it means "Establish rule over". Of course, Christianity provides the framework that Western Culture is built upon so given the success and dominance of the West, Christians have fulfilled this order and Christianity has served mankind nicely.

For better or worse, that's true. But I predict that IF things start going south with the planet, I bet the old missing pages about having some reverence for the only place we can survive will miraculously appear, and 'Be fruitful and multiply' will be discarded as an archaic concept.

03-08-2007, 02:06 AM
We don't live by fear. Things can go south at anytime for things you have and don't have control over.

ezed
03-08-2007, 07:02 AM
WOW THIS IS AMAZING! I'm gonna call it "As the Thread Turns"