PDA

View Full Version : license plate for sex offenders

dreamer
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I dunno --I saw it on the noose (news) ---they're gonna make sex offenders have a funky flourescent colored license plate ---I forget which state -----but I think it's a fantastic idea ---

Vicki Richter
03-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I thnk it is fucking retarded. If they said child molesters, I would say, sure do it. But there are people there for things like date rape, urinating in public - genital exposure, and all kinds of other crimes that aren't necessarily worthy of what we put them through.

The next thing you know we'll be putting everyone with any crime in a registration database as well as microchips, etc.

Again, if they molested a child, I say go for it. However, anything else doesn't deserve a lifelong punishmet that they put the registrants through.

MonsieurValentine
03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
date rape shouldn't?

and i believe the attempt was already unsuccessful. the pink license plates for sexual offenders were designed in theory so that children knew to stay away.

karaalextv
03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
this is the equivalent of a Scarlet Letter. If they do this to sex offenders then we as a society should do the VERY same thing to persons with DUI's.

Driving a 3,000 lb car under the influence is by far a more frequent occurance than sex offenses and, I argue, CAN be a more devastating.

People can die as a result of DUI's and, I'll admit, during violent sex offenses. BUT COME ON...lets get real for a change!

Oh yea, there is also a war going on in Iraq...next petty social problem please...

MonsieurValentine
03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
this is the equivalent of a Scarlet Letter. If they do this to sex offenders then we as a society should do the VERY same thing to persons with DUI's.

Driving a 3,000 lb car under the influence is by far a more frequent occurance than sex offenses and, I argue, CAN be a more devastating.

People can die as a result of DUI's and, I'll admit, during violent sex offenses. BUT COME ON...lets get real for a change!

Oh yea, there is also a war going on in Iraq...next petty social problem please...

ohio, the same state requesting this, already has people with convicted dui's driving with a yellow license plate.

by talking about one issue, by no means implies anyone is ignoring other issues like this nasty war. one thing at a time.

Alison Faraday
03-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Ah.

This would be pediatricians being mistaken for paedophiles again, and having their houses burnt down by angry vigilantes with 3 brain cells.

Very well thought out. (not).

http://archive.salon.com/sex/world/2000/09/26/vigilante/index.html

Balcanoid
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
nice example Alison, all of this so called society promoters should be aware of a triggering mass hysteria with theirs high minded (moonstruck) ideas...where`s the world going to...maybe, it`s a better one to make
offenders tattoo with short description at their forehead...

MrsKellyPierce
03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
That's just putting person's life in danger. Yes it's a disgusting act that they done, but still it could be death from angry person wanting to hurt them.

Trogdor
03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Retarded.
I mean we don't see convicted killers having "MURDERER!" painted on their rooftops.

Besides, I remember a few Univeristy of Michigan graduates doing the classic streaking at the ceremony, and they are now having to regiester as sex offenders. This whole sex offender law concept is VERY, VERY flawed.

Vicki Richter
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I have two stories:

One was a guy who had a 14 year old girl run in front of his car on a busy street. He had to slam on his breaks and swerve to miss her. Obviously startled, he got out of the car and started yelling at the girl. At one point he grabbed her arm. He was convicted of some attempted kidnapping of a child charge and sentenced to be a lifelong sex offender. She claimed he was trying to get her into his car. No previous arrests or any history of being "deviant".

Another guy went into a bar with his girlfriend who according to sources was the most attractive girl at the club. One of his friends asked him to come upstairs and see something. This is at a club. There is a girl upstairs naked, drunk, smoking, and being videotaped. There are 20+ people guys and girls watching this. The girl is also having objects dildos, fingers, etc put into her. At one point she says, "go ahead fuck me, I don't care".
Of all of the 20 people, only one got to be a registered sex offender and it was the guy who went with his girlfriend. Why? Because he didn't have money like others to defend himself and he had a prior so he was the easiest target. He hadn't even touched the girl or used toys on her.

Anyway, the sex offender thing is fucked up. I don't believe in lifelong punishment for people. This is the government trying to stand behind something that everyone seems to hate. There are a lot of reasons that people SHOULD be sex offenders and a lot of reasons they shouldn't.

dreamer
03-06-2007, 07:58 PM
okay wow ---I obviously only heard the surface ---ummm ---well then ----I dunno then ---but still --I think it's good for people to be aware ---

and I am sorry ---but with DUI offenders --I think funky license plates is a GREAT idea --

Balcanoid
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I guess mankind is to young to act properly on this one (sex crime), it seems like banging of the walls syndrome for now...

dreamer
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I dunno --I think the courts --or laws should consider each case ----if it's some crazy drunk dude --running down the road naked --is ONE thing ----but if the dude has harmed or ......whatever --to some young girl ---is another ----I think it's a great idea ---considering the prequence (is that a word?) ------and yeah --even being the alcoholic I am ---heheh ---I second my support on funky license plaes for DUI offenders ==

dreamer
03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
last thing you need is some drunk punk shattering your legs --

Trogdor
03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I have two stories:

One was a guy who had a 14 year old girl run in front of his car on a busy street. He had to slam on his breaks and swerve to miss her. Obviously startled, he got out of the car and started yelling at the girl. At one point he grabbed her arm. He was convicted of some attempted kidnapping of a child charge and sentenced to be a lifelong sex offender. She claimed he was trying to get her into his car. No previous arrests or any history of being "deviant".

Another guy went into a bar with his girlfriend who according to sources was the most attractive girl at the club. One of his friends asked him to come upstairs and see something. This is at a club. There is a girl upstairs naked, drunk, smoking, and being videotaped. There are 20+ people guys and girls watching this. The girl is also having objects dildos, fingers, etc put into her. At one point she says, "go ahead fuck me, I don't care".
Of all of the 20 people, only one got to be a registered sex offender and it was the guy who went with his girlfriend. Why? Because he didn't have money like others to defend himself and he had a prior so he was the easiest target. He hadn't even touched the girl or used toys on her.

Anyway, the sex offender thing is fucked up. I don't believe in lifelong punishment for people. This is the government trying to stand behind something that everyone seems to hate. There are a lot of reasons that people SHOULD be sex offenders and a lot of reasons they shouldn't.

Yeppers. Also, if they are SOOOOO worried about the real dangerous sex offender people.....why let them outta jail in the first place if they are that afraid? :? :?:

scroller
03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeppers. Also, if they are SOOOOO worried about the real dangerous sex offender people.....why let them outta jail in the first place if they are that afraid? :? :?:

Please, don't give them more ideas. New law in NY as of this month:

ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer and legislative leaders yesterday announced an agreement on a law that would keep some people convicted of sex crimes in state custody even after they have completed their prison sentences.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070302/NEWS05/703020382/1035

wombat33
03-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I dunno --I saw it on the noose (news) ---they're gonna make sex offenders have a funky flourescent colored license plate ---I forget which state -----but I think it's a fantastic idea ---

I FOR ONE AM ALL FOR IT.

COLOR THE LISCENCE PLATE FIRST................ASK QUESTIONS LATER.